It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One person, multiple accounts??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

while I couldn't find the complaint, I do recall the members (s)he is talking about.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
I just worry about the few, who have a mental illness, who are not in control of multiple personalities, i know it is not the fault of ATS, but if there is a personality like that here, knocking them off ATS is the worst thing that could happen, especially to those around them day in and day out.

Wait a minute,
Are you saying that crakeur and springer might be the same person?

You know, when you start thinking about it ...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
reply to post by berenike

I have checked all the staff areas and there isn't a complaint or other posting from you.

Dare I ask if that's your only account?

I sent in two complaints - the first went to the executive and I have 2 emails acknowledging receipt on my home email address. When I heard nothing besides the automated acknowledgement I didn't know what to do.

Then another member posted something that alerted me to their suspicions so I made contacted and beween us we sent in a report to Complaints and Suggestions on August 15th.

Crakeur is kindly looking into it for me.

You may dare to ask if this is my only account and the answer is YES.

I wouldn't be involved in mud-slinging if I was guilty of a similar 'crime' myself.

I have a housemate who is also a member and who has made only two or three posts. We have not backed each other up or debated in any thread - nor will we.

edit to add - the other member sent in the report in both our names. Maybe it is filed under their name. If you want it, I will U2U you.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by berenike]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

it's been raised before. we've appeared together several times so it can't be true but, according to enjoies (I think), I am really Chissler, or Chissler is really me.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

I think the monkey was kidding about the multiple accounts.

I looked thru the site and cannot find your complaint (not saying it isn't there, just saying I can't find it).
in any event, as I mentioned in my u2u, I thought you were right about the similarities but it couldn't be proven.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by schrodingers dog

it's been raised before. we've appeared together several times so it can't be true but, according to enjoies (I think), I am really Chissler, or Chissler is really me.

Ooooooooh. So does that mean we might see you/Chissler on round 3 of the debate tournament. We have ever so much fun in our fighter treehouse.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Thank you very much for the trouble you have taken for me today - I appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have also had the suspicion. The choice of words, the typing style, the shorthand, and the common use of a single word, in the same thread, by different members, saying the SAME THING.

I always look at the date they registered - not saying that has ANYTHING to do with proof...but when three posters, joined on the same day, and have identical posts, using the same words etc, - Alarm Bells go off in my head. Or when you see "Member was on ATS 4 minutes ago" and right underneath "Member was on ATS 3 minutes ago" and their posts are one minute apart...

Just things that make you go hmmm....

- Carrot

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
I have also had the suspicion. The choice of words, the typing style, the shorthand, and the common use of a single word, in the same thread, by different members, saying the SAME THING.

I always look at the date they registered - not saying that has ANYTHING to do with proof...but when three posters, joined on the same day, and have identical posts, using the same words etc, - Alarm Bells go off in my head. Or when you see "Member was on ATS 4 minutes ago" and right underneath "Member was on ATS 3 minutes ago" and their posts are one minute apart...

Just things that make you go hmmm....

- Carrot

Definitely red flags there. It's almost as bad as the plagerizing students who leave the blue Wiki links in their papers

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I am just curious what similar styles would really be. I recently had to fend off the accusation of being someone else because of my 'style.' What does that even mean?

We all speak English. I do not make any mistakes or use any one word over and over so what is this 'style' that people are talking about?

How different can 1000 English speaking people come across in print?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I have long suspected this. There are good hacks out there that probably have control over numerous computers.

Unfortuately, I see very little that can be done about it.
IMHO
The one alphabet screw up on new threads is hallmark. As is the psycho play and choice of thread.

Nearly always one of excitable content which is designed to rabble rouse.

[edit on 9/22/2008 by jpm1602]

[edit on 9/22/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

some people use uncommon words or phrases, some make the same spelling mistakes, others post in a distinctive style, never using more than a few words on a line.

believe it or not, our writing habits can be very telling

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Well, I sure wish this person could have been more specific. There were no telling words or phrases or length precidents cited. Just "style." I thought maybe there was something I was missing since it seemed to fall completely outside that parameters you mentioned. I get all those and none of them applied. Oh well. I guess just he could say and he couldn't when I asked.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningStar8741
I am just curious what similar styles would really be. I recently had to fend off the accusation of being someone else because of my 'style.' What does that even mean?

One may have the vocabulary of a university English professor while another may prefer the vernacular. One may write as Vonnegut and the next as Jung. There are as many different styles of writing as there are members.

We all speak English. I do not make any mistakes or use any one word over and over so what is this 'style' that people are talking about?

Making constant and similar mistakes in punctuation, spelling and grammar are certainly a simple clue to show similarity and expose a sock, but style is much more difficult. In the perfection of sentence structure there are certainly places for socks to to hide, true... but this is also a difficult path for someone attempting to elude being found out. Occasionally, in the heat of debate, cracks CAN open up and expose them.

Style is about a recognizable trait in writing. Vonnegut (RIP) imo alludes to a cynical type of existentialism in his writings while, say, Stephen King has about him a strong empathy towards his victims. Vonnegut makes FUN of his victims while King tends to join in their agony.

It is also 'style' to gravitate to certain topics and that can be a further indicator.

King tends to horror while Vonnegut adheres to humour (or is it humor
? )

How different can 1000 English speaking people come across in print?

There are differences in the English language written in different countries, so a distinction can be made there as well; honor/honour, color/colour, sceptic/skeptic, etc.

Further tio that is the common vernacular... whinge/whine etc.

For someone clued in on distinctions (not saying I am), in time they will get a 'feeling' and take the time to check it out further.

hope that helps

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Again, thanks, and yes I understand all of those things. I guess my point was that it was clearly put that it was none of these things. These are things that make sense and can be easily stated. They were not, all of these items were dismissed and it was just labeled "style." Then there was the hint that my style was that I was responding to this person as someone else might when I was responding like I would hope any intelligent person with self respect would.

It was probably just an excuse to accuse me of something. Thanks though, do not mean to dismiss your input. You were not there, so you are just being helpful and I appreciate that. Like I said before, I guess only they know what 'style' meant since they could eliminate all of those things but not state really what it was. oh well, thanks

[edit on 9/21/08 by MorningStar8741]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join