It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.may use Georgian air bases to strike Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

U.S.may use Georgian air bases to strike Iran

www.russiatoday.com

The swift reconstruction of the airfields and all the systems proves that some air operation is being planned against another country which is located not far from Georgia. What country could it be? Which country is in the spotlight now? Of course it's Iran, there are no other countries," the envoy said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
just don't do it...
bomb bomb bomb ,bomb bomb Iran not funny McCain

Mc Cain as in Cain and Abel and the Land of Nod?

en.wikipedia.org...

When other countries call the USA the Great Satan...maybe

peace

www.russiatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
No offense... but a simple news report doesn't take into account any of the tactical, strategic, logistic, or political ramifications of such a statement.

Any strategic strike aircraft (read B-2 into this if you like) would not be based in Georgia. The political fallout from basing NATO or U.S. aircraft in Georgia would not be worth the risk. Why antagonize the regional powers when such a mission could be accomplished just as easily from other airfields or other strike packages based in Turkey, Iraq, or a carrier?

Finally, why risk pilots at all? The U.S. has a quite advanced inventory of cruise missiles that could accomplish the same objective. I'm sure that if you dig about a bit, you will find that the U.S. likely has stealth cruise missiles that would not even be detected.

So... I see this as a propoganda post... for what reason I do not know. While the U.S. has purported to be an ally of Georgia, they will not station aircraft within the country for the purpose of striking at Iran.

new topics

join