It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Vampires

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If you realized Vampires existed among you how would you react? This is the premises of the new HBO show True Blood. If such creatures existed how would you react? Would you be intrigued? Scared? Not go out at night? What about vampire civil rights? Or are they just blood thirsty savages?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Is that a serious question? My answer probably depends on how hot the vampire is and what she would be willing to do to turn me. haha.

No, really, other than that (I've always thought vampire-sex would be hot) I couldn't care less. It is a fictional story.

If I'm wrong, so be it. Bring one of 'em to my house and I'll show them how inadequate they are. Same as I say for "super-warrior" alien reptiles. I PRAY to bring their BEST to my house so I can behead them.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I just saw this video and this topic came to mind: www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
if they existed, I would fight them suckaz...but then I would be tempted by the dark side and persuade a cute vampire chick to turn me into a vampire, and I would live the vampire pimp life. Sleeping all day! Partying and stayin away from garlic.

But psychic vampires are all over the place. I view them as infants that have a lot to learn about the universe and the power within themselves.

People have reverted to stealing the energy of others, because they have forgotton the power of the energy within themselves, and that is why you see a lot of negative these days. It most always leads to destruction for both the host and the parasite.

Wish I had HBO sounds like an interesting show

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Not sure how I would react. If they were non-threatening I suppose I would treat them as any one else, taken them out for a pint and watch a hockey game.

DLing the Tru Blood show, looks interesting. From what I saw, makes it look so mundane of an experience. Similar to how it would be to have Brad Pitt or like celebrity show up in a town and every female goes goo-goo. But, again, didn't watch them so I'll make judgement after that.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RagenCajun

I think they could be allowed 'blood' from local apocepthary like do junkies get needles, and even drugs at some places. We after all have blood donation system. I would be curious.

But in reality, I do know that at least one types of vampires do exists, but they're bit more mythological in the original sense of the word, and certainly not the types of those mentioned in the OP. Well, that's just an opinion.

-v

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
reply to post by RagenCajun

But in reality, I do know that at least one types of vampires do exists, but they're bit more mythological in the original sense of the word, and certainly not the types of those mentioned in the OP. Well, that's just an opinion.

-v

Hey there! May I ask what you meant by that, if you don't mind?

As for the question in mind - yeah, I'd probably be pooping my pants, or so to speak, knowing they were roaming the streets at night. Means no more party time for Emmy (that'll be SUCH a sad day...
) Well, ok, not necessarily just at night, but ye get my drift...

Although part of me would think it were pretty cool seeing as I love the whole mythical Vampire persona and yes, mesthinks it's rather sexy...rargh!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It depends. Who's gang?

If they are just living with their ailment in some British or Canadian hidey-hole (depicted in movies) then, what am I to care?

If they say belong to a gang of thugees out committing murderous mayhem in the expectation to frame up the reptiles a bad rap while they steal secrets from the black government, god, and everyone-then I would take issue and be pleased to hear when they are dead/captured.

But, that's just weird. Vampires...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by emmy

Originally posted by emmy
Hey there! May I ask what you meant by that, if you don't mind?

Not at all. Altho I fear that my answer won't be one your liking. Nevertheless, allow me to continue:

If you forget all that how vampires should appear physically and only think about their 'properties' in metaphorical sense, you will find out that they are real. How?

First, they do suck blood, and blood in mythology refers more generally to life force - not the physical blood that flows in our veins, but rather the prana, or the energy that flows in all of us more or less. This is what varmpires devour upon. They suck your energy (well some claim that they suck blood but I find it hard to believe). Then they have capability to add this life force to their own, for example, somebody might get kicks by making people mad and to lose their temper - they get the feeling of control. All this of course is black magick and will eventually worsen the quality of spirit.

And so, really big vampires are those that control your life force in grand quantities - like the banks which you owe, your gang leader, your boss even your mother and father if they are exceeding their control over normal boundaries. If someone gets any satisfaction of controlling others and does everything to attain such circumstances, there's a vampire.

What about immortality then? That's more complicated. To understand this you must understand that every creature in a sense is immortal. The Platonic idea itself is immortal, the will that binds material in certain way is immortal. Of course species sometimes die in extinction, but it is not end of their idea, it just changes form a bit. However, vampiric immortality is something else - their soul become bound in the material, so that their soul will not ascent, but remains fixed to it's own lusts and desires - it is also why it is said that redemption for vampire is something he/she cannot achieve before they 'stake their hearts' and stop being vampires. Staking is also metaphorical; you must understand that by staking heart of vampire, actually means complete turn around and regression: To stop being vampire once and for all, sincerely regret the deeds of your past life - only by such way you can redeem yourself.

Above I hinted to vampire's power to control - or charm - people. Many of them are very skillful in making people act to their will; Only spiritually strong people are out of their reach, because spiritually strong is not moved by earthly matters, not even by the death. So you could say that people strong in faith are immune to powers of vampires.

One have to remember that there are many vampires around that do not know they are such. But nevertheless they are, when they extent their desire to control over their own lives and souls.

I hope you'll find something out of that mess above

Sincerely,

-v

[edit on 26-9-2008 by v01i0]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

i'm sorry, i knew what you meant with that explanation (which made every sense, lol
). Just the way I read your original post I thought you meant you actually knew people who lived the way of life, or you could shed new light on the subject.

Not to matter though

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by HugmyRek
It depends. Who's gang?

If they are just living with their ailment in some British or Canadian hidey-hole (depicted in movies) then, what am I to care?

Now we are harbouring Vampires! As a Canadian, I take offense!
I can understand terrorists, but now the undead, well, our PM is rather pasty, so I can see where that rumour could have started.

I have now watched two episodes of the show (True Blood) and I am liking it so far. I still have to finish up with the third episode, too bad we don't get HBO up here in the frozen vampire ridden north, but I digress.

vO1i0: I read your post with interest, but I think that view is rather ahead of its time, no offense. The classic understanding of a vampyre as I know it is obviously that which Hollywood has portrayed and that of the classic books. However, these were taken from older references from folklore and such. I cannot see the ancients A) understanding the metaphysical as some of us to do today, and B) if they did, why not decribe vampyres in the same fashion you have? It could be possible that once one gets older it does not require the physical nurishment of blood, but rather can get nutrient from leaching energy from a victim. This of course is based upon the notion that vampyres are real, and we had the opportunity to run 'tests'.

I'm not bashing your view, I just do not believe that a person who seeks to control another can be considered a vampyre in the classic sense. I can understand the blood vs. life force/energy aspect (as I am learning in another thread in the section with RagenCajun), but what you propose could possible be considered something entirely on its own.

But that is just me and my ramblings.

Cheers.

O.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Okwari

Hey, no offense taken! Since all these vampire threads got me thinking again something that I've thought a while ago, I typed a whole new thread. Check it out, for it perhaps makes more sense about this alternative conception.

Here's the link to that thread.

After all it just an opinion, and please remember guys and gals, that I do not attack your opinions by it.. It is just some conception that the legend of vampire might be.

reply to post by emmy

Emmy, are you asking that do I know any vampires? Got confused sorry, nevertheless your previous question broke some damn within me, I had to type whole lot more than just that
Anyway, I think I know few vampires, those are of course according to my own conception - not the movie ones.

Sincerely,

-v

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

ahhh, we got there eventually

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Shows on tonight, HBO, 10 30 pm EST if anyone's interested.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
computers are vampiric technology. the gases they emit suck the life out of us. www.rawair.net...

new topics

top topics

join