It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upcpming Digital TV signal will let Big Brother in your home

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This is my first post so forgive me if I haven't picked the right forum area.

We've all been made aware by now that this coming February, 2009 TV broadcast signals will switch to all digital. The reason we were told is that the communincations industry needs the extra over the air frequencies for cell phones and I believe emergency first responders.
Here is what I think the real reason is. Once this change is effective, the great percentages of housholds in the US will be HARD WIRED. Cable TV, Satellite etc, has plenty of bandwidth and can accomodate both an Audio or listening channel and a video or camera channel. I know from the job I do that individual PIXELS on your screen can be used as cameras and listening devices. So if by chance the powers that be, need to make sure you are behaving, you've already allowed them in your house and paid for the means for them to invade your privacy. This could not be done with over the air broadcast (antenna) technology.
Oh and by the way, for any Stephen King Fans out there, the change will take place on 2/17. Add that together and you get King's magic number 19!

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Barn1]

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Barn1]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This would surprise me not one bit.

Question is... Can they watch and/or listen if you have your device turned off?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I call BS. There are already too many ways they can pry. Why bother doing something as complicated as grouping and programming bits of info together to accomplish such a thing when they can just simply hack your PC, link you to al jazeerah (forgive the butchered spelling) and execute a warrantless wiretap...

Not only that, but they would need a virtual army of emotionless THX1138 type drone-human-bots to monitor vitually everyone at all times.

We aren't QUITE in the Orwellian reality. Close, but this is BS.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
One problem with your theory is that the large majority of people already have had digital for quite some time. All of the cable and sat delivery systems have been on digital for a while. The only thing this is for is people that dont subscribe. I am pretty sure that people who dont/wont subscribe to digital tv dont watch enough tv for this to be a logical move.

As to the remote listening/viewing through digital pixels, no power, no spying. I assure you that I am only watching tv when mine is on. If I am going anything else, its off because I hate the distraction.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

It's simple, it would not work if you have it hooked up to a hard shut off switch. Just flip a switch and it all goes off regardless.
Personally, I've been waiting for something exactly like this topic to pop up. I call bs since this seems to be outright paranoia.
Honestly, where would they store all of the recordings? You would need to build another full set of facilities, likely put together an entire division or agency of manpower, and what would the purpose of this be?
What would make up for the costs of the televisions with built-in cameras?
These microsized cameras are not cheap, they cost upwards in the tens of thousands for one with the quality for undercover work.
Certainly not going to work with satellite television because you would need a stronger power source than the default wall plugins.
This would only work with certain modern tvs, and not old clunkers from the mid-90s and beforehand.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Barn1

Hi.. Call me skeptical on this one, but what exactly is your job? and how do you know that PIXELS on a screen are capable of being a camera. It is quite easy to suggest such a conspiracy exists and that is fine.. but if you are making claim you have inside info of how PIXELS on a screen are also "camera" you need to back that claim up with something factual that might lend credence to this theory. Big Brother admittedly has some fancy toys, but show us some "shock and awe" on this topic. I highly doubt mankind has mastered lightwave in this manner at this point in time.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Barn1

www.ibc.org...

Super Hi-Vision
7680 pixels on 4320 lines and 22.2 channel surround sound

now theres some bandwidth to place mind control on different channels

peace.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This entire digital formatting is a way to save band-width. The analogy goes something like "a single television station's signal is the size of a basketball, after the changeover, the entire culmination of ALL stations will be reduced to the size of a baseball."... Now while this isn't entirely accurate (due to the fact that a lot of television is already broadcast in digital format) think about that for a second. Why would the government be concerned enough to make that a federal law? ... Easy, because that frees up A LOT of space for defense/offense communications. In fact, it will further extend the bridge that connects civilian and military communication to the point that government operates with nearly complete impunity.

Afterall, that IS the goal of the Military Industrial Complex... And who is going to question them? They'll bomb yo' ass. They just want impunity without transparency.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ROO-meh

AHHH!, now THERE is an interesting side-bar. Yes, it is entirely possible that the subliminal messaging will go through the roof with this changeover.

I remember after Hurricane Katrina, my buddies and I were watching the Masters Golf Tournament(?) (one of the tournaments anyhow, I think it was the Masters) and we were fortunate enough to be watching it on rabbit ears with poor signal-strength. We were laughing our arses off at the fact that, in the background we could SEE the subliminal advertising scrolling across the screen. Funky day, I suppose.

What people don't realize about said advertising is that they scroll it right in front of your eyes. Just very faintly. That day, due to the poor signal, we could see it clearly....

"Send money^^^" ... "Death^^^"... "HURRICANE KATRINA^^^"... Etc, etc... These key words kept scrolling up (hence the up arrows) throughout the entire broadcast.

I am GLAD I saw those images, it confirmed to me, and my reluctant friends, that which I had known for years...
We are mindless drones, collectively speaking, and our politicians and TRUE policy makers, play us like puppets.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I don't know about the 'big brother is watching you ' thing but I hadn't realised that the whole world is going digital too. The UK's switch-over is being phased in from 2009 to 2113.
From Wikipedia:

The motivation behind the switch is the improved quality of digital broadcasts over analogue ones and the freeing up of valuable spectrum space for other services (and bidders).

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This is just bull. Pixels on your screen CANNOT do the things you say(be used to see you or even pick up sound). Not only can they not do that stuff you described, but the tvs/monitors would have no way of broadcasting the info back to anyone, as the needed parts/components are not inside. Please explain how this functions or differenciates when done through a CRT as compared to a LCD display.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
As I posted in another thread.......I believe this is just another way for the PTB to control/edit what we see on the TV.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barn1
I know from the job I do that individual PIXELS on your screen can be used as cameras and listening devices.

Sorry man, you are either 100% wrong about the job you do, making you inept, or you are simply lying hoping to fool some members of the board.

There is simply no way that a few pixels on your screen can be used as a camera or a microphone. It is also impossible for your tv to send a signal back. It is a one way street.

It is pitifully obvious that you have no idea what you are talking about

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
wow I didn't know that Digital Terrestial Broadcasting wasn't mainstream world wide.

Australia has had it now for several years,it provides HD and standard definition,several new channels and digital radio.

Supermarkets sell the set top boxes for about $50.00 ($45.00 US) and they work on any old TV's .

To enjoy the true 1080i True HD a new plasma or LCD is required.

And as I read on another thread at another time nobody has to have or carry any form of ID to get onto an internet cafe or walk around the streets of Adelaide.
I knew this already but yesterday just to rid my head of this thought I walked all day in Adelaide,Australia dropped into internet cafe's $2 per 1/4hour $5.00 per hour NO ID required and i only saw ONE policeman on a sweet 1000cc BMW and he was heading for the coast for a sunny days cruise.

peace and I like you ATS people.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
IMO, it's a way to put further censorship on what we can watch: Think of all of the smaller, more independent broadcasting stations that can't afford to upgrade to the new high-power converter equipment...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
my limited knowledge in base computer language involving "gates" and TTL logic, in other words, the 0's and 1's combined to create bytes, they inturn combined to create bits, limit the flow of information through 1 pixel. to assume 1 pixel has the ability to contain and process information flow of such magnitude defies the physics of this particular archetecture. if you have a more technical "read" on this i would be more convinced.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barn1
I know from the job I do that individual PIXELS on your screen can be used as cameras and listening devices.

Sorry to say this, but I very much doubt this statement unless you're working in a mental institute as a doctor or nurse, as the personnel there will hear all kinds of wild, real conspiracy stories from their patients. However, not all these stories are real.

This topic has been discussed in other threads, e.g. this one.

Nevertheless, I recall that some cable company was planning to offer a special set-top-box (TV receiver) to their customers, for a special price. This box has a camera installed in its front panel, so that it could see whatever you're doing in front of your TV, and transmit that picture back to the cable operator. Sadly, I think many people will want that box if it's cheaper to use than common TV receivers, or offers other advantages over them.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
ever thought maybe they want everyone to have digital, so they can turn it off when the day comes? its a way of control, but it seems innocent enough on the face of it. if we cannot communicate with family and friends during something like martial law, it will be because they have simply turned off our ability to.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I was about to call BS to the cameras in the cable box silliness too, but, turns out its true.

Comcast is actually developing a cable box that has a camera in it so the box can recognize who is sitting in front of it and specially gear the advertisements to the products they may buy. It will also suggest shows that that particular individual may find interesting.

gizmodo.com... ox

Yikes, If Comcast actually ever releases this, I'm switching to Satellite.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The digital switch over.
Here's my take:

It is all about censorship and control. We all know, or should know, the way to control the masses is by the what we see and hear.

No more Pirate TV. That it in a nutshell.

If and When the Sugar Honey Iced Tea spills and drips onto the fan, no one will be able to set up an analog shop and broadcast their song.

Just as the RIAA and MPAA has been given carte blanc to circumvent the law and create an alleged monopoly on entertainment. I don't think people have been paying the attention to it that is needed. What the RIAA and MPAA have done is incredulous. What they have been allowed to do boggles the mind. No one payed attention because it was just entertainment.

They don't want a repeat of the 60s and the way the music played.

They have not taken away our rights to sing. They have taken away the means for us to be heard and seen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join