It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hadron Collider forced to halt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Had a feeling this was coming - Maybe it's not such a bad thing

news.bbc.co.uk...

I really hope these guys know what they are doing...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Too bad new components of a nearly 4 billion dollar project have failures. You would think they would have debugged any flaws in design, programing or other prior to commision rather than purport these as consequential after the fact.

Confidence dwindles when one considers the charge entrusted to these possibly mad scientists. With stakes as high as they are, say in miscalculation, they do create a black hole that destroys the planet. If they can't get the collider right, maybe now is a good time to question their competence.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
Too bad new components of a nearly 4 billion dollar project have failures. You would think they would have debugged any flaws in design, programing or other prior to commision rather than purport these as consequential after the fact.

One needs to consider the machinery at work here. Somewhere in the range of 30'000 tons of equipment, 3000 feet under ground, stretched over 27 miles and being acted on by energy fields many magnitudes more powerful than any other ever used for these purposes... I mean come on. Of COURSE it was going to have a failure! My Mitsubishi Galant has 44'000 Km on it, and the transmission just decided to blow. Now, Mitsubishi has been making this machinery for a long freakin time, and there is still bugs in it.

We'll have to chalk this up to "Shtuff Happens". They'll get 'er up and running again in no time. This machine could make some of the greatest discoveries in our history. I don't know if it will blink us out of existense, and really, if it does, whats wrong with that? It's not like any of us will have any idea what just happened. POOF.

Que cera cera?

new topics

join