It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Gets Life Sentence For Sex With 5 Year Old Boy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Yeah, but as a female, I have to say I think it is sexist.

Not that she doesnt deserve that, but male sex offenders and pedophiles rarely get that kind of sentence.

Most male pedos I knew of in the news didnt try and have sex with a 5 yr old. Its usually more like 12 yr olds. Id say if you raped a 5 yr old, yeah you need life. This is not sexist. And its handled on a state by state basis.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Memysabu]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixBaller04
What I hate is they never ask the vicitim if it was consentual. Did that boy agree to it? Did he ask first and she agreed? Did he enjoy it and watned it to happen?

There's just so much more that people don't get the answers to.

For all we know, the kid enjoyed it and it was consentual. So why the life in prison? For having sex with someone? That's rediculous.

Are you serious?!

You are one creepy person!!

This was a five year old child! Children CANNOT consent to sex as they cannot possibly understand it and it's implications. The child is used and abused on several levels by someone who he/she believes he/she should be able to trust, ie an adult. That adult completely takes advantage and abuses the child.

Sexual abuse is not only physically dangerous but also ultimately causes masses of psychological damage that can and normally does last the victim a lifetime, often completely destroying that persons life.

I will suspend all politeness here and suggest that you are actually a closet (or even possibly not so closet) Paedophile!
I wonder what punishment I will receive for that? I dunno but what you have written is absolutely disgusting and disgraceful and shows that you have no empathy or care for the victim, like most abusers you have some deranged theory of consential relationships with a child that has only recently learnt to speak!! And you think they may have asked for it or enojoyed it!?

You make me feel sick to my stomach!!

In response to the person who suggested this is sexist for giving a life sentence when male offenders don't get anywhere near the same punishment. I agree! There should be complete equality here! Life sentences all around. Child abuse is simply rape and is commonly life and soul destroying!

EDIT: I would like to know which scumbag agreed with the above creep and gave him/her a star.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by triplesod]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Who the hell knows if they can or not. have you ever sat down with a young child and asked them if they wanted to have sex and see what they say? No. So how are you so sure?

Did you read the article about researchers saying we need to teach children the pleasures of gay sex as early as 5?

[edit on 19-9-2008 by MatrixBaller04]

EDITED out for the sake of civility.

I still think you are a Paedo apologist though!

[edit on 20-9-2008 by triplesod]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The sentence was given because there was a viewable tape. Seeing the act being done to a child has more of an emotional punch to it. I hope to see males get this kind of sentence as well. These sentences need to be given without the need to see the act on video. Things like DNA evidence and/or multiple victim testimonies is enough for me.

I don't believe there is a cure for this. No length of rehabilitation will ensures that a molester would never commit an act of violence towards a child again. It's an incurable disease that festers in them till they die.

Truthfully, the only way to ensure they never get near a child again is to put them in jail for life without possibility of parole and in some states can be elevated to a death sentence. Unfortunately, life without parole is going to cost the tax payers a lot of money.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Mass Girl. The jury doesn't sentence the defence, that is down to the judge alone and it is unlikely that the judge would be ruled by emotion.

As far as I am concerned, sentencing for rape of any kind, especially child abuse (and by rape I do not necessarily mean penetration) should be life. The damage done to the victim (no matter what their age but of course, especially a child and by child I mean anyone under 16) normally destroys that persons life or at the very least leaves a massive life long effect on the person.

If you damage an innocent person's life, you deserve to have your freedom taken from you for ever. All studies suggest that Paedophiles do not change their ways, it is a mental illness without any cure.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think paedo's are naturally evil people and anyone who has those urges but keeps them in check I have the utmost respect for the problem is, it appears that the illness causes such strong urges that they find it impossible to keep it in check.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Massgirl

I don't believe there is a cure for this. No length of rehabilitation will ensures that a molester would never commit an act of violence towards a child again. It's an incurable disease that festers in them till they die.

No offense but have you experienced this?

I feel that we just do not have the technology to fix this yet.
From what I learned in psychology this is a cycle.
Caused by the offenders own abuse.

BTW life in prison is not life its 20 to 30 yrs.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
So there have been a few posts concerning pregnancy.

The youngest mother on record is a 5 year old girl.

Youngest Mother

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Actually, now that I've read this thread and thought about....How does a woman rape a 5 year old boy? Like, how is it physically possible?

After re-reading and thinking about this, this was your main concern? Not the sickening bollocks you came out with on page one?

You know what, I have a worrying feeling that you are asking your question for titillation.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I have to agree with the sentance here. All pedophiles need to sit in jail for the rest of their lives.

I also liked what Illusionsaregrander said. How many times have we seen a male sex offender get off relatively easy?

All sex offenders, be them male or female deserve the same jail time. (Life with no parole hopefully.)

Peace,
FK

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixBaller04

Consentual? What gives you the idea that he knew what sex even was? For all he knew, he thought everybody did it. You can't say it could had been consentual at age 5. Honestly.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I think the sentence may be a bit harsh, probably just to make an example of her. The sentences for women seem to be quite polarized. Either they get off with a slap on the wrist and a whole bunch of second-chances, or they throw the book at them.

As far as the issue of consent with a five year-old, let me share with you all that my first sexual experience was at that very same age. But it was with someone of the same age who was as curious as I, and we didn't really know what we were doing, obviously. Do I think that it should be legal what this woman did? Certainly not. But to say that children don't have sexual thoughts is horse-pucky. I do think however that adults have an obligation to not take advantage of that fact.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
look our society has become numb to the more violent crimes in this world such as Murder and Rape why are we so sensitive to this? You would not be discussing this issue if she had murdered someone on tape and the garbage guy found it. I'm 21 yrs old and i'm a father i know that if someone had dont that to my child i would kill them no questions asked I'm willing to go to jail for my child unconditionaly. there needs to be life sentences for people that do this to children if not death sentences. We need a public outcry to have this stopped i know most of you i'm sure feel the way i do we need to do something more than sit here on the net and rant and rave about how injust it all is or how its sexist or w/e we need to act instead of hiding behind the anonimous face of the Net. Does anyone agree?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The Staff is discussing this thread in order to decide if the direction it has taken complies with Terms & Conditions.

Please stand by while a decision it made.

Thanks for your posts.

Badge01
Forum Moderator

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join