It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Gets Life Sentence For Sex With 5 Year Old Boy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rileyRepressed memories rarely stay repressed.. the fact that he can't remember it might suggest it was blocked out because it was too traumatic to remember so it might still resurface and ruin his life. Regardless it does not make it any less of a crime.

No doubt it will have some affect on the kid. But I am not at all sure it can truly be compared to the physical pain, terror, blood, bruising, powerlessness, and trauma caused when an adult male rapes a child. If an adult male rapes a small child it can cause massive bodily injury which can lead to death.

They are both illegal sex acts, they both victimize children, but even the most politically-correct-both-genders-are-the-same thinkers cannot realistically deny there IS a difference.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Matrixballer, being 19 does not stop you from knowing the can of worms you opened with that statement. ANYONE would know what kind of backlash they would get from that.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by KTK

You ppl have to look at the big picture here.

Is the Child dead?

Did she Kill this child & thus dose that make her a murderer fit to serve a Life sentence?

NO!!

Think about it, "LIFE", in a little cage, like a Zoo animal untill the day she dies!!!

Sure Sex Crimes are extremely disghusting & what she did was terrible.

But the child is fine & I really don't think spending the rest of her life in a cage really fits what she did.

I have seen REAL Murderers get less than this, I have seen Gang Rapists get less than this & I have seen Drug Dealers get less than this!!

The American legal system is one of the worst in the world when it comes to making bad descisions.

Hell, in some states you can get between 15 - 20 years for adultery.

Next thing we know, your courts will be putting people away for simply having sex without the sanctity of marrige or Farting in Public..lol Your legal system is so Fekked up, its laughable.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

The American legal system is one of the worst in the world when it comes to making bad descisions.

Hell, in some states you can get between 15 - 20 years for adultery.

As a criminal justice major, I agree that the system needs an overhaul.
But if you think that the American system is too hard on people such as his, you need to look outside of American at other countries and how they deal with pedophiles.

And please show me what states can give you 15-20yrs for adultery. Thanks.

IMHO. The CJ system here in America is way too EASY on $%&* people like this.

Think about it, "LIFE", in a little cage, like a Zoo animal untill the day she dies!!!

Sure Sex Crimes are extremely disghusting & what she did was terrible.

But the child is fine & I really don't think spending the rest of her life in a cage really fits what she did.

Hm. Well, do the time, do the crime. She deserves to be living in a tiny cage (and much worse) because she behaved worse then any animal would. Too bad, not so sad.

And we have NO IDEA the state of mind tha boy is in. An article say he doesnt remember and wouldnt testify. But we really do not know. I remember quite a lot from when I was 5. He could be tramatized, in denial, embarassed....and so on.

There is just NOT enough info available to us, the general public.

And I dont feel sorry for her at all. She is a sick individual who should never be allowed to walk the streets. She claims her husband made he do it. Whatever. Easy to say now that he is dead. Who knows how many other children they (and her) victimized. We may never know. But a least she will NEVER harm another child.

[edit on 9/20/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixBaller04
What I hate is they never ask the vicitim if it was consentual. Did that boy agree to it? Did he ask first and she agreed? Did he enjoy it and watned it to happen?

There's just so much more that people don't get the answers to.

For all we know, the kid enjoyed it and it was consentual. So why the life in prison? For having sex with someone? That's rediculous.

Are you completely *SNIP* insane? How the hell can a 5 year old consent to sex ?

Did you at anytime switch on your brain before posting?

So in your mind as long as a child agrees, it's ok to have sex with it ?

Your responce (in my opinion) is equally as shocking as the original story, what if it were a man commiting the offence would you still be asking the same question?

====
Mode Edit: No profanity, please, including abbreviations and creative spelling.
Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20/9/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The boy is now old enough to relate his side of the events. Presumably a Judge had the court psychiatrist follow this line of evidence, or deemed the child was to be protected from the mental health ramifications that such disclosure might bring about.

We can only hope that the Justice system performed as designed and took all considerations into the case that were legally pertinent.

Most of you know that consent is not an issue here. The legal system does not recognize children (minors) as citizens per se, and thus are incapable of 'consenting' to anything.

The severity of her sentence may reflect aspects of this case we will remain ignorant of, for the sake of the legal system and the child.

All of this does nothing to eliminate this disturbing example of deviant human behavior and our propensity to focus on the aberrant or antisocial aspect and respond predictably to its sensationalization. I really don't profess this is a good or bad thing, just that it is what it is, people have issues, some dangerous, some reprehensible.

EDIT TO ADD:

It occurs to me that the sanitation worker that went home and watched these tapes, if he/she is any kind of human being at all, must be struggling with the stark dichotomy of having uncovered this tragic abuse (bringing it to the attention of 'authorities') and the fact that such a practice is 'questionable,' socially speaking.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I think I am the only one to believe the devil has been let loosed for his seven year reign.

The reports keep coming in, the evil and the squalor. I see it. With my own eyes. She will get what is coming to her. A five yr old. I just puked in my mouth a little.

this is not a new thing....people used to choose their wives at 10 to 12 years old. so give the devil thing a break....u see more bad stuff going on because we can communicate at near real time in these forums about the news...it's not happening more, it's a symptom of the information age.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyindevil
reply to post by greeneyedleo

The victim doesn't remember the act? Well, that pretty much throws the "she ruined his life!" bit right out the window. And many of you people want her hurting the rest of her life or dead? Who's the sick one now?

Dude, given your attitude I cannot help but feel that you should be the subject of a police investigation.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Actually, now that I've read this thread and thought about....How does a woman rape a 5 year old boy? Like, how is it physically possible?

Are the specifics so important to you ?

Please remember we are talking about a Baby, this is not smutty hentai cheerleader titilation thing. The woman was commiting sexual acts with a BABY !

What she did specifically almost beomes imaterial, does anyone want to sit down and watch the movie to pick holes in what she actually did ?

What is a baby able to do ? Duh , nothing !!

If this woman got a death sentence for what appeared in the video, it would be fair to say it was repulsive enough to warrant it.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
My heart is still pounding from the rage after reading all four pages of this thread.

To those who feel the sentence was too harsh, I wish there were some way we could have another earth, and you and your beloved deviants can have Earth I while those of us with integrity have Earth II. Seriously, you are the reason we can not get anything done about these problems.

If it's my kid, the molester dies, and I mean dies ugly. Nothing could stop me short of death.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyindevil

The victim doesn't remember the act? Well, that pretty much throws the "she ruined his life!" bit right out the window. And many of you people want her hurting the rest of her life or dead? Who's the sick one now?

I think one of the things many of you who are being judgmental of the vehemence with which some are insisting on pedophiles being punished are overlooking is that odds are, at least some of them have personal experience of being the victim or they know someone who has been victimized.

If this child was not traumatized for life by the experience, good. I am glad for him.

But many of us know at least one person who was sexually abused or assaulted who has had the quality of their entire lives diminished as a result. It is a life sentence in many cases, for the victim. It destroys the ability to trust for many, to enjoy sex, to build healthy relationships. Like others have said, it also has the result of causing some victims to in turn become victimizers.

Saying it is "not so bad" simply doesnt fit the numbers when we look at the impact on the victims overall.

I do agree with Sonya that the physical impact of an adult male penetrating a physically immature female can be more violent in that physical harm is done along with the emotional harm. And that a crime including physical harm is generally, and should be, treated more harshly by the courts.

There could even be a difference in how females are impacted emotionally by sexual abuse. I have never met a female who was sexually abused who indicated to me that that was a positive experience, but I have met males who speak fondly of the babysitter that mucked around with them. I dont know if it does affect the genders differentially or not. And, I would argue that even if a specific individual were less traumatized by the act than others, that should have no bearing on the punishment for the perpetrator.

We dont give out lighter sentences to someone who steals someones car because the victim has two rather than only one, and so the impact is less on the victim. We dont give out lighter sentences to those who physically harm people with insurance and can afford to be fixed. We dont give lighter sentences to someone who mugs a wealthy person who needs that $50 bucks less than someone for whom that was their weeks grocery money.

We do increase the sentence if the impact on the victim was particularly extreme, but we do not give criminals a pass if the victim was less damaged because of their good fortune. Therefore, whether the boy child was physically or emotionally harmed in the long run is irrelevant to me. He was a five year old boy, adults having sex with five year olds is against the law and for good reason, it can harm them emotionally for the rest of their lives. She had no way of knowing that he would forget, and so she committed the act knowing the same thing all of us do, that it is a crime. She deserves to be punished for her crime. She just doesnt deserve to pay a higher price for her crime because of her gender. If a life sentence for a first non-violent sexual offense against a child is the just sentence for offenders, and we as a society agree that that is the case, then it should apply to all offenders. Rich, poor, male, female, regardless of ethnicity.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

I honestly...don't...know...what...to...say.

What is wrong with this world we live in?

The relativisation of all values, that's what has led us to this.

On the other hand, there were always pedophiles (think Tiberius, the Roman emperor, who molested babies, for crying out loud).

But I do believe that the "anything goes" attitude propagated by the media and Hollywood has a lot to answer for.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Holy mary, mother of god. What a sick bastard. People like that deserve to die a really bad death. Life in prision is to goodfor her, chop the bassard apart bit by bit and maybe that young boy will get some justice.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Legend tell that indian male babys would get erections and thier mothers would stimulate them to climax ,believing that would make them healthy and goood warriors something along that line.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Yea, so now that I said maybe it was consentual now everyone is going against me. I'm **SNIP** 19 for christ's sake with absolutely no experience with raising a child. I don't remeber when i was 5, so how am I supposed to know. It was an innocent mistake.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by MatrixBaller04]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Crakeur]

No such thing. In my county a girl under the age of 16 cannot consent to sex, PERIOD. Let alone a 5 year old.

Children are the most precious innocent things in this world. Trust me, if ayone raped my child, they wouldn't even make it to trial. Believe it!

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Nola213]

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If she did something like that in Iraq,Iran,Saudi Arabia,or another Arabic or Persian country, she would be executed right? I mean how can a 5 year old boy make an informed adult decision about whether or not to consent to a sexual act?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

Well, I dont think we want to be holding up the laws in those countries as something we should aspire to.

I know I certainly prefer our legal system, no matter how flawed, to the legal system of Saudi Arabia.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I don't know why we are wasteing taxpayers money to keep them alive. Any adult having sex with a minor should leave this world with whateve means necessary. Just because they are sick in the head doesn't exempt them from the death penalty.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Where do I start with this one...

I believe that whether or not the Victim claims he can remember, the memory is engrained in him somewhere - he just hasn't found it yet. And one day, something will happen to trigger that memory, and when it does, he is going to have some Psychological problems. I'm sure that he is already experiencing some Psychological trauma - but probably doesn't realize it - or isn't comfortable with dealing with it right now.

My mother, 43, is coming to terms with Sexual Abuse that she endured as a Child. It has taken her this long, to remember what has happened to her. It happens, and she suppressed the experiences long enough to actually believe they did not happen.

I agree with the flaws in the Justice System. The punishement should fit the crime, equally, for both sexes. Male and Female Pedophiles should face the same punishment. In my honest opinion, Pedophiles should not be allowed to walk the streets, EVER. I believe its a sickness, a sickness that consumes you like an addiction does - and that the person is either "doing it" or "thinking about doing it." I have no sympathy when it involves Children, and/or sex Crimes. NONE. And in fact, if it were my children, I can assure you that if anyone was going to go to trial - it would be me, for murdering the poor bastard that ever thought they would touch my child.

Pedophiles rob children of their innocence, and regardless of whether or not the Victim remembers, the Brain remembers and has stored it away in a file somewhere. One day, that file will be opened, and the victim is going to have to face the Traumatic Experience.

The argument of "Does anyone know if the Child Consented", is the weakest Devil's Advocate argument I have EVER read. A child of 5 years old simply does NOT have the mentality to deal with sexuality. There is a reason that the legal ages of consent are the way they are. At 5 years old, the body hasn't developed fully, and the childs brain hasn't developed either, enough to fully understand what is being done to them. It is wrong to engage in sexual behavior with a child, END OF STORY. Consent of an underage person doesn't mean ANYTYHING in Court, as the Adult was in the position of Authority and should know better. Adults are trusted with the well-being of a child. Compromising that Trust, just once, with ANYONE underage is wrong.

Just my personal thoughts and opinions.

- Carrot

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Well I personally don't buy for one second that all she was doing was listening to her husband.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join