It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My gf and I saw 2 "UFO's" tonight...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lezvigi

I also saw something REALLY weird tonight. Two big orbs that were moving close together. I was looking at the moon at the time and did notice them until I saw it move across. I was not sure what it was so it took a few seconds to process. I thought it was a huge bird with the moon shining through it's wings. When the lights continued I saw that it was two separate orbs and that they had a light of their own. Orangy brown but not bright at all. They moved at speed and crossed paths (or switched places) and continued. No noise at all. It gave me the chills. Truly. I live in Amsterdam.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lezvigi

Hey there lezvigi (a fellow KMS'er - wow and there was me thinking I was the only weirdo in the vilage).

Ok, I got your u2u asking me to read your post here ... I also read the reply from 'lebowski achiever'.

Now I think it's important to eliminate the obvious before we accept the amazing ... so please don't take offence (either of you), when I ask 'could you possibly have both been looking at Jupiter and Venus' ? They have both been exceptionally bright over the last week or so ... and in alignment with the Moon (there are several threads on here about it at the moment).

The reason I ask is because 'LA' mentioned one of the objects being a brown colour (this is haow Jupiter has been seen). So, to dismiss this possiblity ...

#1 Were the objects close to the moon throughout the time you saw them ?

#2 Was it the objects that were moving or you (as in travelling in your car).

If the answer is YES to these questions I think it likely you saw the planets.

If the answer is a definate NO to both then the objects could have been UFO's (as in, Unidentified Flying Objects).

(lezvigi); in reply to the other part of your u2u ... YES ! I have seen other things in our area. 1 definate UFO - I had just moved to North Yorkshire and it was Boxing Day (night-time), 1994. My son and I were walking to the public phonebox on The Ropery in Pickering (looking towards Undercliffe). We both saw something that I am 100% certain was not a plane/helicopter/star/planet etc ... it was a UFO.

I have seen many things when I've been up on the moors late at night ... but nothing I could be certain of. And there have been 3 other times where I'm pretty sure they were not things we would classify as normal (2 of these where on consecutive nights in the summer when I was walking the dog across the field at the back of the church in KMS. Looked like the sun when it's setting but smaller and in the wrong place !

Woody

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Ah, good to see you are interested. Well perhaps I should clear things up, Im not from KMS, actually live on the other edge of the Moors near Middlesbrough, slight confusion but nevermind.

Anyway, about these 'UFO's.
As I tried to explain, on my journey I appeared to actually drive around these objects, and although they were high enough to be OCCASIONALLY blocked by clouds, they were definately lower than stars or planets.

If I didnt know better I would have dismissed it as a plane, but I am 100% certain this was no plane.
The fact that they seemed to be hovering (more so than flying or even travelling) synchronously suggests this. Aswell as the lights, which were a very bright white.

To summarise the description really I would say:
- 2 very bright white orbs or objects
- 1 significantly brighter than the other
- hovering in/above the clouds for around an hour at least
- no noticable noise, as a helicopter would give
- approach of a Jet, then the same Jet leaving just as quick as it arrived
- 2 objets appear to drift Southwards before instantly disappearing.

Its quite a strange one for me really.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I recently got to see the shuttle in orbit for the first time at dusk, it looked amazingly low to be in orbit and was very bright! I can not account for the brightness (lack of interest) lights? Still above the horizon....seems to be my best guess.
I did not know it was the shuttle @ the time, and had a very similar(spooky similar) discription of it untill I researched enough to figure out what it was....
Don't get me wrong, I still am not discrediting your sighting!
It just stuck sooo much similarity with my story Ijust thought i would tell ya..

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the info on that. I know you arent trying to discredit anything Im saying or implying. Im just as open to the idea of it being the shuttle etc, than I would like it to be an Alien craft.

It is an interesting proposition, but would the fact that there was 2 of these objects pour cold water on that idea?

Its hard to tell how far apart these objects were, seeing as Im not entirely sure how high they were. But I could hesitate a guess of AT LEAST 100 or 200 Yards apart from each other.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lezvigi

Hey there lezvigi,

Oh I'm always interested in these kind of things, make no mistake ... especially when they happen in my neck of the woods.

Your account certainly seems to have something to it I have to say. As I said in my previous reply I've seen numerous things up on the moors (no light pollution). And I'm pretty sure some have been UFO's but nothing low enough to really see any specifics ... very frustrating !

It might be worth keeping a camera in your car (if this is a route you take often), just in case you see anything else.

I seem to remember some years back reading that North Yorkshire was one of the UFO hotspots in the country. I've always wondered if this has anything to do with Fyingdales.

Woody

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Yeah Its not a route I travel too often, its more of a relaxing drive out for me. Coming down through Whitby to KMS, along to hemlingon and back up though Bilsdale, beautiful roads and all that.

I think next time I go ill be taking my video camera, as the camera on my phone is pretty naff to say the least.

I wouldnt be surprised if I was a hotspot though to be honest. Ive heard a few accounts from people who have seen strange things in the sky, strange Jet movents and such.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

Typical 'alien type craft' don't usually fly the same way normal aircraft do. They usually streak across the sky at hypersonic speeds (mach 5+ or 5x the speed of sound). by doing so, hardly anyone will spot them flying or if someone did, think that it could be anything like a spec in the eye, lol! It's also a way to avoid being photographed.

Either this is a special type of aircraft, more likely military in such situation. It's highly unlikely this is an 'alien craft type'. Although there's still a possibility.

I've also have my share of such strange craft like spotting an airliner-looking craft just after the sun went down. Flying low over civilian airspace but the rest of its lights are turned off but the bright tail light. I've asked some aviation guys and say that is not SOP.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join