It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I keep my cash in Paypal?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
KTK

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
Leave your money in Paypal and don't listen to crazy people.
Enron people had bought stock in the company cash in the bank is not the same.Your paypal money is insured.
Im sure some crazy people will reply to this with oh but blah blah blah.
Don't listen to them.They haven't taken there meds.

You must work for paypal.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Leave your money in Paypal and don't listen to crazy people.
Enron people had bought stock in the company cash in the bank is not the same.Your paypal money is insured.
Im sure some crazy people will reply to this with oh but blah blah blah.
Don't listen to them.They haven't taken there meds.

Paypal is NOT a Bank - PAYPAL is NOT INSURED.
Take your money and RUN!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KTK

No doubt about it - that's the same response PayPal customer service agents put in all paypal dispute threads. They call the customer "crazy" and chastise them for not doing more to protect themselves, such as following all their rules.

Essentially PayPal was created as a middleman in order to protect both parties doing Internet transactions. Instead all they do is facilitate the transactions with the software and collect their lucrative fee, but drop the ball when there is a dispute and make it difficult to resolve and unless it is a large amount of money they tire people out to the point of giving up. I'm certain the most people who've dropped accounts have been amounts like mine that end up costing you more in time trying to resolve then they end up being worth.

Problem is instead of eating charge backs and doing real investigations like a normal Bank (part of the cost of doing the lucrative business of grabbing a percentage of every transaction) - they make their money, but only provide partial service by putting the burden on the seller to do the investigation, yet they put up barricades in order to prevent you from resolving the issue with the credit card company used in the scam, by not giving you vital information like what card was used etc. So, they put themselves as the holder of information to protect the parties credit supposedly, but then they don't do the investigation to resolve the issue. They just slow walk all parties give back their fees for the specific transactions in order to pretend to wash their hands of the issue and the seller is out of his money for his product.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceofspades
I think I will purchase 10 one-ounces of silver, which should cost from $150-$200, and spend the rest on canned foods.

A little advice...so you go to buy a chicken with your silver...and it's worth way less than your one ounce bar. How is the vendor going to make change? Gonna carve off a chunk of metal?

Look into it, but I think you'd be better off buying silver dimes which have an intrisic value way over face value. You'd be paying for that chicken not with, say. twenty cents, but with the amount of silver in the two coins. It is a measured, consistant amount.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Look into it, but I think you'd be better off buying silver dimes which have an intrisic value way over face value. You'd be paying for that chicken not with, say. twenty cents, but with the amount of silver in the two coins. It is a measured, consistant amount.

I've looked into this so-called junk silver, but I'm a little weary. I fear people won't know that there's silver in pre-1965 coins, and I'll be left with a bunch of useless coins. Also, I have no clue where to buy from. I've looked all around, but can't find a reputable place to buy $200 or less of these coins.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join