It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Proposes Separate Schools For Homosexuals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Chicago Proposes Separate Schools For Homosexuals

www.chicagotribune.com

Weeks after a proposal to open Chicago's first public high school catering to gay, lesbian and transgender youth was announced, about 200 people on Thursday met with administrators at the city's main gay social services center to discuss whether it's a good idea.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I had to read the title twice to see if I had read correctly... What? Separate schools? Are we going to start seeing three bathrooms in public places? Male, Female, Gay?

This all sounds somewhat familiar...

www.chicagotribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hmmm. Wonder how Obama feels about taxpayer financed segregation in his hometown?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Is it because the homosexual students, or the homophobic religious zealots want it done? This sounds like some sort of 21st century compensation for the racial desegregation of the last century. But it was said that it was an advanced studies campus with voluntary attendance, open to all students. I think that what they mean is that gay students are likely to out perform those that are too dumb to meet the academic requirements of this new school. The smarter straight kids must not be as violent also. It makes sense. What about the gay students that don't do well academically, will they still get harassed and bullied at the old school? Did the smart straight kids get beat up by all of the dumb kids, both gay and straight? I am sure that some one can find a conspiracy here somewhere.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Another article I recently read was speaking about teaching children the 'joys of homosexual sex' so that their tolerance level will increase, and hopefully cut down on bullying gay students.

Now.. they want seperate schools for the gay, lesbian and transgender population? o.O

Way to bridge our differences..

I'm beginning to believe no one on earth really knows what they want.

- Mea

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Totally ridiculous.

I grew up gay in the public school system, and yes, I had some problems with teasing and bullying. Kids that wore glasses were teased, the fat kids were harassed, and the geeks/social misfits had their asses kicked by the jocks.
But separate schools ??????

Let's all take one giant step backwards. :shk:

EDIT: Reduced large image size.

[edit on 19/9/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Toronto already set the precedent for doing this by voting in favor of an Afrocentric school. That's right, a seperate but equal black school.

black school

Coddling children in a school of nothing but similar individuals until they are 18 years old isn't going to help them once they get out of school. In fact, it is even doing them a disservice while they are still in school.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
To me, I'd really need to read more on this issue and find out if the organizations promoting awareness for gays see this as a step forward or backward. School can be an extremely harsh experience for a homosexual child. And I'm sure tragedies have occurred. If I was a parent of a gay child who was undergoing this kind of cruelty I may consider home schooling, which deprives them of many of the good creative courses, sports and of course friends/networking.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I see how this could be a good idea, but its only a good idea as long as attending is a choice, not mandetory. The moment they start saying "your gay so you must go to this school instead" that's when the segregation beings.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I JUST got out of my Human Geography class, no more than fifteen minutes ago. The latest chapter was on ethnicity, and of course we covered the Plessy v Feruson case in the 1890s. "Separate but equal..." Come on, Chigaco. Creating separate schools, even if the facilities are both excellent, will only further that existing sense of superiority/inferiority.

...DUH!

top topics

join