It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional Leaders Stunned by Warnings

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

Wouldn't that be great! A barter system on energy...Solar panels on every single roof top, and windmills of all different sizes all over the place. Then when we plug in our cars we wouldn't have to rely on the grid for that power. Moreover we wouldn't be held captive by the oil cartel or speculators, and as a nation wouldn't need to fight costly wars and pay for occupations to ensure the flow of energy...

With a war time like effort we could get this done and develop other alternatives as well. Think of all the jobs it would creat and how it would help everyone. I can't think of a better public works program than this one. It would be like the Tenessee Valley Authority and Eisenhower freeway system on steroids.

Plus, if we end up in a depression this could be our ticket out. For national security reasons, for health of the economy, for reducing polution...all the right reasons this just makes sense.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Here is the solution, cancel the fed reserve act, re-enact the U.S. treasury and start issuing U.S. treasury notes, backed by U.S. tax receipts.

We already have them. They're called "Treasury Bills", except they pay a little bit of interest.

www.treasurydirect.com

In the financial industry, these are what is meant as "riskless cash" and treated as such.

If you get a commodities brokerage account, your 'cash' for hard collateral is accepted with T-bills. They are a direct liability of the U.S. Treasury, and not any private bank.

What you propose is making even smaller denomination zero coupon t-bills, and pass the law making them U.S. legal tender. That would work, but would be confusing.

In practice, what would happen is that people would then treat Federal Reserve Notes (improperly) as being worth less than face value.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Oh, the computeres were developed in the U.S. primarily by U.S. born engineers, but the manufacturing has been moved overseas for the cheap labor. See, that is the crux of the problem. The cheap labor overseas doesn't make enough money to consumer the products they manufacture.

In order to keep up demand, as U.S. jobs have moved overseas and U.S. workers have seen a decline in wages, debt has risen to maintain demand and keep the markets going. The problem is that this debt created demand can only last so long, until the debt levels become too high to continue, which is where we are now.

See, when the U.S. financial markets collapse, all those U.S. corporations providing all those jobs overseas will also fall, and they will close a great many of those factories overseas, eliminating demand overseas. Even foriegn based companies who depend on U.S. consumers for a large portion of their demand will do the same thing, and jobs will dry up all over the world.

The reality is that we are all in this together.

In Addition, these giant International Corporation are the ones who have created all the problems, not the people of the U.S..

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I'll debate it was primerily by US engineers, there were early prototypes of computers built in England, during WW2. And what about the Enigma machine? And the abacus? Computing never was an exclusively american thing.

Granted, the pc revolution and the information age did originate mostly there and also in the UK (acorn, commodore, spectrum), but it's so spread out now that, from a pratical pov, that is irrelevant. A whole lot of the technology we use also came out of Nazi Germany and Imperialist Japan, yet we didn't get deprived of it just because they folded. At the end of the day it comes down to information, and information wants to be free, not nationalized or privatized.

Or to get back to the point, there won't be a good we will be out of because it's american, we will be out of it because our debt based monetary systems won't allow us to buy it.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

A T-bill is still just a paper promise. JFK had it constitutional when he backed United States Notes with Silver in Fort Knox. Executive Order 11110 got him 'assassinated' by the real PTB, the Bankers.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I know this is going to be stating the obvious somewhat and maybe a cliché.

The one thing I can say confidently with minor contemplation and after a day and a half of careful speculation and in-depth research and retro analysis is the following:

“ Our President, Congress, The treasury department and any other department that can aid in this crisis has no earthly clue what to do about our situation”

That consensus alone is a grave cause for concern at the highest level of urgency.

V/r,

ME .

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
After watching this unfold in great detail over the past five years or so, I've come to the conclusion that this is either A)Engineered B)Grossly incompetent and these people should all be fired.

Part of me can't help but think that if this WAS engineered, it would be the perfect and only way to justify an NAU and new currency. It only makes sense. We have fricked up our own economy so bad over the past 40 years, that really the only viable option for long term stability would indeed be the NAU...

I can't help but think of that picture with Reagan/Nixon at bohemian groove. They have slowly eroded our country from within over the many years...This maybe my more cynical side, but I can't help it. The whole thing smells of #.

This is the perfect way to justify an NAU, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the long term plan. I'd argue this is the ONLY way they could justify an NAU...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sqid4life

“ Our President, Congress, The treasury department and any other department that can aid in this crisis has no earthly clue what to do about our situation”

Actually I just heard that President Bush is flying around Manhattan in Airforce 1, with his best sad face in the window, following that he will likely order FEMA to prepare and distribute emergency penthouses to all of the affected investors.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
People bicker on this thread about who's country financial, industrial and position in the world effects the other, but what everyone is missing here is this is all by design.

Most people commenting on this thread have not a clue to how the world is truly tied together financially these days unless you work or have worked in the international banking systems.

If the feds say their is a dire situation, then you can bet the rest of world is in deep trouble as well.

I will give you one example: Guess who bought most of the American Mortgages in huge volume and did it willingly because they were suppose to bring a high rate of return?

China, Saudis, Europe, etc.........and guess who is holding a bunch of worthless paper right now?

None of this has been made public yet.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blacknapkins

Why not both? To me it was obvious that this was engineered by some, mostly financial and corporate, and counted with both the corruption and the incompetance of others, mostly in the military and political sectors.

It's been going on for longer than 5 years, they've been going for this for generations, the engineers that is, the incompetance was spontaneous

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
and guess who is holding a bunch of worthless paper right now?

This is what I have been stressing, doesn't matter how you look at it or what kind of problems, the Fed keeps printing more money to buy out companies and infuse the markets with money..when the rest of the world realizes that money is worthless we're in big trouble..we are in big trouble, I think most are on the brink of doing away with the US dollar; including OPEC.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Why can't people provide the entire quote and not fear monger. He said if we do nothing...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

If the U.S. markets collapse, the world markets will collapse with it. While the U.S. doesn't export a whole lot of consumer goods, movies and music possibly the U.S.'s greatest consumer exports, what the U.S. does export, is a large portion of the worlds jobs, and those you will miss.

I think a collapse of the banking markets will be a good thing for the people of the U.S.. We are far more capable, independent, industrialist, and far more inventive than any body wants to give us credit for being. The whole worlds ony super power thing hasn't done any favors for the people of the U.S.. Of course, that won't stop the rest of the world from blaming their problems on the U.S..

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Personally, I don't think anyone is in charge. The people at the top are all busy trying to grab a bigger piece of pie. They accomplish nothing at these meetings, whether it is the Bilderbergs or the Bohiemian Grove, but circle jerking and buggering each other. At the end of the day, they all go home and concentrate on getting a bigger slice of the pie. Even those who have saw what was coming were too busy fighting the typical business battles to do anything about it.

This won't be the first time major markets have collapsed because of greed, and it won't be the last.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by photobug
Do your research this was all forcast in the book of revalations, it is but a stepping stone to the one world government and the antichrist who will come on scene to save us all when the crap finally hits the fan.

The signs are everywhere How can you believe in the NWO, Global currency, martial law, knights templars and other Conspiracy theories without a belief in Jesus Christ. Everything ties together

AMEN!!!!!! This is what I've been saying!

Not that I've been living the most moral life lately, but at least I can say, "haha I knew it!"

[edit on 20-9-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Heh, those of you worried would be completely correct. Centralizing more power? ppffffttttttt, that's putting it lightly.......it's pure facism.

This first link is a post of the full bailout proposal
www.tickerforum.org...

This second link points out pure facism
www.tickerforum.org...

I'm sick to my stomach, especially as I watch Obama and McCain play lip service to this.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Bugman82]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

That consensus alone is a grave cause for concern at the highest level of urgency.

That is because there is nothing that can be done other than to suffer the consequences.

There is no magic wand, but it is reminiscent of American society in general - nobody want's to take responsibility for their actions. Maybe our government is representative of us after all.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benarius
Do they really try to create a mass hysteria on the streets ? Wy else would they write something like that ? This is very scarily weird !

They are slowly creating a world bank, there is really nothing to be worried about.

See we're being constantly drilled with scary words like meltdown, precisely so when the government nationalizes a large chunk of banking we'll be thanking them for it. There will be much less options for people to choose from, where to bank, where to get loans from etc. There will be I'm guessing around 3-4 superbanks in America. And then in maybe another 20 years there will be another crisis like this, and the banks will be further reduced to one single superbank. After that the European and American union banks will be merged. There is no way to create a single world currency without these steps. The whole thing is engineered, they do actually know what they're doing. Whether we should worry or not is dependent on how much faith you put in your government, to do what's right for you.

Remember, right now you are being drilled to be scared, when you are scared you will grab onto any solution the government gives you, even if you know it is fascism.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by unnamedninja]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by unnamedninja

Nothing to be afraid of?

An estimated 40,000 jobs lost in NY (source)

Report: State Will Shed 40,000 Jobs, $3b in Tax Revenue

We are talking about real people loosing real jobs and real money.

I think people have every right to be afraid.

edit to say I do agree with what you say about rushing into a solution tho..the current plan of bail outs is only going to make it worse

[edit on 9/20/2008 by toepick]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join