It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional Leaders Stunned by Warnings

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I've been reading ATS for quite a while now, 2 things I have noted (but don't have links to, search it). Alex Jones has said that in the secret meeting of congress on March 13th congress was made aware that:

1. The economy would collapse in mid September
2. The federal governmentwould collapse by February.

Watch for a flase flag attack in a neighborhood near you soon.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Does anyone remember my prediction about 2 years ago?

Posted in the beginning of 2007, when everyone else was bs'n on my thread.

It was my only prediction ever on ATS

Realtruth Predicted 2008 Meltdown

Originally posted by Realtruth
My only prediction.

I know the the US stock market will hit 14,000+ mark by the end of the year the market has no reason to be this high, so it will start to slowly fall by early 2008.

In 2008 we will see a massive worldwide economic scandle the started in the USA and will make the dollar crash, in turn the rest of the worlds financial systems will fail. There will be confusion for a few months but out of the ashes will come a new system that is not based on money. I am not sure what this will be but it will happen. I whole new paradigm will come by 2012 it will be in full effect, a golden age and a new way of life.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
todays financial system is run by simply moving a decimal point in a database. hard currency lost out along time ago, and if you "buy" precious metals...make sure you get actual delivery of the particular metal. inflation is inevitable...a ten dollar gallon of milk is not unreasonable in the future. pay off as many debts as you possibly can, because dollars today are going to be worth alot more than the dollars of the not-to-distant future.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
jimyx if you think prices for everything in the future are going to be sky high than that would make paying off debt much easier so long as you have a job. this would be if the dollar is devaluated tremendously/ high inflation. there will be deflationionary forces (debt destruction/ leverage unwinding/ credit restriction) and inflationary forces (dollar devaluation/ bailouts/surplus checks/ opec depegging) battling it out for several years

the funny or not so funny thing is that most americans still depend on the "real unmanipulated facts" from the media, usually the financial media

the bigger fantasy is that most americans think that the USA automatically bounces back from every financial nightmare due to some sort of magick bouncy ball or some other figment of the optomistic ignorance which has decided that because we have been on top of the "world" for the last 100 years that we will be there forever. All "dynasty' fall, and american is exhibiting the signs that most which fell were also enjoying prior to there "rude awakenings". I so much wish this didn't seem like the largest %, but it is. Anyone that prepares themselves in advance for the changes can have a much smoother and happy transition, but the time for dismissing negative possibilites and using our ability's to create creative terms which help us dismiss thinking about them should have passed.

the other thing is that most think this is merely a "cycle" and we will bounce back.................this is more optomism mixed with ignorance or just a result of being inundated by manipulated information

the financial world has taken over the economy in the last several decades, the FIRE sector instead of the industrial sector to be specific (fire standing for finance , insurance, real estate i.e the debt parasites) has been getting more and more leverage over the politicians in washington ever since the inception of the federal reserve system in 1913. The financial sector depends on more and more DEBT CREATION to make $$. in case you didn't realize the financial sector houses some of the most GREEDY people in the WORLD. They have policy's which effect everyone yet they only care about THERE bottom line, and besides this they know that if they "screw up" they will get a multi million dollar parachute. This is not so much a cycle so much as a game changer, or something that knocks what ever is cycling off it's axis, see every cycle was sort of like desribing the little boom's and bust we have in the credit cycle, which most sheeple use to determine (wether they know it or not) how they rate a particular president i.e when clinton was pres i had more jingle in my wallet or whatever.

The western world in particular is Facing PEAK DEBT, this could be thought of as the peak of a bigger cycle that operates outside of the usually smaller cycle's that people perceive the economy to go thru.

in economic circles this is sometimes referred to as a Kondratieff winter

www.kwaves.com...

i never liked trying to put multiple dynamic processes into the box of a defintion but there is some information we can take from doing this which is why i listed the above K-winter.

When our foreign Creditors cut ties with the dollar and the IMF and World BAnk are no longer the USA's debt pimps then the old world order will fall and the USA is very unlikely to have the top position in the NWO, although individuals who are prepared, employeed, and not debt slaves should do fine, even have happy fun lives, perhaps with less freedoms and eventually a micro chip (that will be ummm interesting) . The fallout from this bailout of the financial sector still has A LONG WAY to go (with many more companys' to go under) we have been manipulated and taken for a ride, the finanical sector has depended on manipulation and indoctrinatiing people thru the "chicago school of business" and there degenerates peddling there propaganda to our institutions of higher learning.

SIMPLY PUT, when the dollar falls as world reserve currency the U.S falls from it's perch as Super power and the ongoing and to be continued bailout of the financial sector will likely be the reason this occurs

A large gov't sponsored work program will likely be needed (since our service sector economy has the potential to face a downward spiral from less spending and more unemployment) to pull us out of the eventual mess. This could be a world wide event. Also this gov't sponsored work program will likely be involved with alterantive energy . i.e clean technology

[edit on 20-9-2008 by cpdaman]

[edit on 20-9-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
there is no stopping whats going to happen. no solution. no rise up a fight. absolutely nothing. my advice is to trade currency while you still have time and we still have different currency to trade because soon that option for money making will be gone. try to trade with a euro broker since its tax free there, save up and wait for the day the dollar crashes and trade max lots, cash out get the hell out of here, stock up on ammo and food and build a very thing cement bunker. good luck to us all. remember its going to happen, stop having faith in people or a good outcome. if you would like to join up with me i have quite the effort going and a good team.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Just what I was thinking. The bailouts are nothing but a band aid meant to get us through the election before the bottom truely falls out. But if they know that the collapse is coming, why not let Obama win and take the hit for the economy like Carter did?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
I've been reading ATS for quite a while now, 2 things I have noted (but don't have links to, search it). Alex Jones has said that in the secret meeting of congress on March 13th congress was made aware that:

1. The economy would collapse in mid September
2. The federal governmentwould collapse by February.

Watch for a flase flag attack in a neighborhood near you soon.

This could already be happening, there was an attack in Pakistan today, and it's probably part of a process of increasing violence attempting to drag the western world into a war with the arab nations and perhaps even China and Russia.

People who willingly wreck economies are beyond nothing. The US people need to focus on congress, senate, presidency and FED, then take the war against the elites into the corporate boardrooms. That is where the real war is to be fought, not vrs people who just want to be left alone and live in peace.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I would lie to ask a favor of you all here at ATS.

When and if we get to the point of no return here in these United States.

Please give me the heads when to exclaim, "Wolverines" and head to the hills!

Its going to be a bumpy ride for sure!

[edit on 20-9-2008 by sqid4life]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sqid4life

Here's the thing, there really isn't a point of no return, a point where everyone will know crap has hit the fan. You've been living under fascism in the US now for several years, but the problem with noticing it is it racks up incrementally. And they, the elites, could still let there be an election and pass the guard to someone else. Remember that this democratic congress has done nothing to impeach bush or resolve the 911 issue or the wars, so it's foolish to expect change from a person just because he can't stop blabbering about it, if he's a democrat. It will still be continuity of government, just with a facelift. The entire system is compromised, and even supposedly independent areas, like the judicial and even the press, are largely in the octopuses tentacles.

If people stay calm, avoid conflict, avoid bank runs, and try and take over the system from the inside out, it's possible that, just like in Portugal in 1974, that a peacefully revolution could reset the system, from the inside out. If not there will be blood on the streets.

The key is to keep spreading awareness to the point the majority of the population knows what is going on, when that happens there will only be a formal fascism, because there will be few people criminal enough on the ground to actually enforce it. The weak part of the enemies of man is they depend on lies, and why do they? Because most people, knowing the truth will not play into it. Here is the road to a successfull defeat of tyranny, the truth movement, the global uplifting of the group mind to include the meme 911 was an inside job. This whole system of government relies on compartmentalization, but if people are broken out of their mind cubicles it won't function efficiently enough to support the tyrants in power and will collapse, like countless tyrannical governments before it that have been absorbed by "we the people".

This awakening might have been done already, hard to know, there are no reliable statistics, so as long as people don't become fearfull the situation will sort itself out with minimal physical damage, although I do expect massive economic turmoil.

Find it in your heart to help each other, keeping people from starving might be a challenge in the times to come, fear hunger more than your government, fight scarcity more than the police. I think things will turn out ok, in the end, as these are diferent times and the elites, for all their high IQ's, seem to have a tenuous grasp on the strength of the collective human spirit. Too much time spent reading malthus or praying to Lucifer I guess. Heh. I believe it is stronger than their lies and illusions of grandeur, always has been throughout history, which is why we as a species have never seen our population growth rate decline without us willingly accepting birth control at a local level. I do not believe they control enough to kill us, although I know they control enough to hurt us. But we united under knowledge would neutralize them, all of them, in a month.

So, all you brave people spreading awareness of 911 truth and this scientific dictatorship that is hiding behind the curtain, realise you are changing the world for the better, and even though a few of you might fall, there will be thousands to take their place as the movement gains momentum. And a lot of them will be part of the security forces the elites naively hope will suppress civilians, and will turn the dagger back at the very heart of fascism.

Such has been the trend of history, this is the same thing, different scale.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

First of all we have all seen how this was all escalated by rising energy costs which affected prices of everything, causing the American people to have less monies to spend on other things, businesses failed, people lost jobs, a vicious cycle that has ended up with a busted housing bubble, failed mortgage institutions, and ultimately major financial institutions....

Bingo! I've read every post on here and this one is the only one really that touches on where the source of the problem lies. While everyone else points to conspiracy of NWO, Criminals who engineered this mess, and liberals vs. conservatives, the reality continues to be that we are totally vulnerable because this country is 100% built on a petroleum economy and we are over populated. We have now seen what happens when speculators and cartels get together and bump up oil prices...we also know that fields are past peak and are simply not producing as they once were...oil is becoming more scarce and that which is available is more costly to get at. All of this is happening as populations globally continue to increase and China along with India industrialize.

If we don't diversify significantly our energy resources and develop alternatives, then what we have seen these past few months and particularly this past week will be like a mid summer picnic compared to what can and will happen when oil climbs past $200.00 p/b in the next run up.

Wake up folks, oil is a finite resource. We can not drill our way out of this mess. We must conserve, adopt alternatives, and use condoms every time.

As nutty as that sounds, it's the truth. We have been burning fuel up like no tomorrow with our drunken prosperity and wasteful selfish ways. Now the cows are coming home. Take this as a dire warning for what's in store if we don't change now. Change starts with each and every one of us, because it's our world and only we can prevent catastrophe. We must stop relying on some god to come out of the sky and bring in the new kingdom and instead get off our duffs and do it ourselves.

Problem: petroleum based economy built around mass consumption in an overpopulated world.

Solution: 1. Extreme conservation. 2. Move to 100% energy independence and petroleum alternatives. 3. Family planning and contraception to gently reduce populations / religious regulation to stop unethical promotion of religious self serving perceptions that ultimately lead to runaway population and a society held hostage by the greedy and power obsessed who facilitate and perpetuate grand illusions. 4. Tough regulation and oversight on the markets. 5. A fundamental paradigm shift whereby we recognize that we live within a system whereby everything is connected and everything each of does has an impact on the system thus effecting others.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Conspiracy theories are all coming true.
I can't believe ppl didn't see this coming.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
People in the developed nations have already reduced birthrates to the point were they are not having enough children to maintain population. All future population growth in the U.S. is coming from immigration, and that is what we need to reduce and control.

With automation and the internet, it is becoming easier to mass manufacture, and with the development of independent energy sources, like wind power and bio-diesel, giant corporations are not going to be able to control the economy the way they have in the past. This run up in debt is more due to the IC's trying desparately to cling to power.

People with the technical know how to produce things will continue to do well, those who have existed as the investor class are going to be the ones who run into serious trouble. The giant IC based economies are unusual in human history. They were created by the need for huge amounts of capital investment at the beginning of the industrial age, and lead to accumulation of huge fortunes. Without oil coming from the ground dominating the energy markets, where all the oil supplies could be easily controlled by a small group of people, it will be extremely difficult for IC's to continue to control the economy.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Control the emission of capital and you control the country, but you're right that with a decentralized energy economy things would be much diferent, and for the better. People if they have energy will invent their own local economies, based on the barter system. The country would have a less centralized economy in this case and would not lead itself to such massive endeavours as say a war in the middle east.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Your solution, is nothing more then fascism. No, I doubt that will happen. More likely financial collapse followed by governement financial collapse, followed by world war, followed by government collapse followed by civil war, followed by a new government uniting the pieces into a controlled form to stop the civil war. Thus the american union is born, and by the time all this is over, people would have gone through war, pestilence, and starvation. The American Union will rebuild, and bring unity to the people, which they will want and depend on.

Camains prediction 101

Congress passes the 700 billion bail-out, financial sector continues to limp through till December, when people unable to spend normal money for christmas, and already have massive debt pulls financials out to make one last big christmas.

This brings an uptick in January, and February, but the money being pulled quickly brings about a complete and utter collapse of the financial sector, this brings the Government who has been gaining all this bad debt down, and they can no longer afford to buy the failing businesses, and thus, Foriegn investment goes running to save what little finances they can.

May, the government unable to cope with the heavy financial burden, pulls from Iraq, and Afghanistan. Additionally, we close bases in Japan, South Korea, and Europe.

June, Massive layoffs occur, the government is unable to give benefits to all people laid off. Riots occur. Detention camps built, resistance movements spring up.

August, Marshal Law declared, recently returned troops used as police force to control riots/resistance

December, Massive starvation, death by exposure. The resistance movements start forming statewide. State goverments begin talk of seccession.

February, states begin to secceed. Federal government starts attacks with limited forces, and European/Canadian troops, as the federal government is still tied to NATO. States attack back. Federal government uses low level Nukes on population centers.

States ask for assistance from Russia, intervening, attacking Europe, Canada, and Federal territories. This brings China in, attacking Tiawan, Japan, and the Federal U.S., & NATO.

If you want to know more, please u2u $5 worth of seeds, your monies are no good, unless its Aussie, or Euro

I think personnally, I'll stay with the government and stay fed. Good luck to the rest.

Camain

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

Yeah, I think the answer is to plan in that direction, developing energy independence, and thereby economic independence. I just wonder how much scrap has been shipped off to china.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by camain

Except you forgot to note that as the U.S. economy collapses, so does the world economy. The U.S. is still the worlds largest economy by far, and the provided the demand that keeps the world markets running. When the U.S. goes down, so does the world.

The U.S. still has considerable manufacturing capabilities, and highest skilled and best educated population on the planet, and all our great farm land. If currencies fail, the barter system will replace them quickly. The people of the U.S. will still be in the best situation. We are also heavily armed, and the military would most likely revolt against the fed, and join the population should the Gov try to use the military to control the population.

Densely populated areas like Asia, Europe, India, and Latin America will be in the worse shape. Europe most likely will be in the best shape of these areas. Areas like the middle East which are primarily desert and depend on imports for food will be hit even harder. The Russians have always had trouble feeding themselves. Africa will continue to limp along at their current rate, and be the least effected.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Americans constantly overestimate the importance of their economy in the world stage, I'm sorry, but were it not for the blatant militarism your economic numbers would be much lower. And were it not for the threat of military action less people would trade with you.

Plus other nations have had a more conservative approach to debt, so, while still locked into financial reserve banking, they would not be hit as hard by banking crisis as the US, due to less foreclosures and repos.

There is not one item I buy now that has to be from the USA, everything you guys make other countries make too.

I am more worried about the elites crashing our economies from the inside than the negative aspects of the US financial crash.

And the bit about the most educated population is laughable. Once the economy goes foreign brains will be going elsewhere, and the local school system in the USA is under par when compared to many developed nations.

What we will not be is better off for the lack of the USA on the world economic stage as you sort yourselves out, because the elites have the dice loaded and we will still be fighting unpayable debt. Just less of it, for now.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

well if Bernanke (Fed chaiman) and Paulson (former Golman Sacs CEO)
were painting a subjective economic/financial industry picture...

i'm sure it was dire...and they both told the tale that only the present Masters-of-the-Universe can save the financial markets -> with an additional boatload of money we minions need to supply them...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

Well, except for the computer you are using to surf the web, and the servers that allow the web to function. All developed by U.S. companies, driven by software written in the U.S..

By the way, most of the worlds great innovations were not developed by highly educated people. Mostly U.S. corporation bring people into the U.S. to lower the salaries that developers were able to obtain. Most U.S. residents would like to see a reduction in immigration.

Who are you going to replace U.S. consumers with? Do you really think taking US consumers out of the market will just be a bump in the road for the world economy? Good luck with that.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

You think it was developed by the US, but the corporations that market and develop these things have gone global. You got it right that it's supposedly an American brand of pc, but I wonder how many of it's components were actually built in the US. We assemble computers in Portugal, from components mostly from the far east... We won't be falling of the internet if the US economy collapses. And many of the corporations in the US will simply shift HQ to somewhere else and keep trading. Globalism screws countries but it's great for corporate business...

Again, this is not to diss you in any way, and I'm expecting rough economic times, I'm just saying it's not because of the lack of the US as a trading partner, not at all, it's because we are caught in the same debt based fractional reserve scam you are, just not in such an advanced and catastrophic state. It's not economics, it's monetary policy, or lack of it to be more precise, as a few banks have their way with the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join