It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional Leaders Stunned by Warnings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The federal reserve know what theyre doing, theyve been controlling this meltdown so they can buy up falling businesses and centralise banking even more. My prediction is that they want to destroy the dollar and replace it with the Amero, a more centralised currency.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
There's an obvious choice here nobody is talking about: there are two groups at war here, the middle class and the elite, personified by the bankers. The solution to this financial crisis, which is distinct from an economic crisis, which there really isn't in the US, is to sacrifice one of these groups, so that they are loaded with the debt, with the negative energy of this situation.

That is what the bankers plan, to unload unlimited amounts of debt on the population, to drive them into a permanent negative balance to the state, which will be constantly paid through endless taxes.

The solution is to kick them out, take control of the nation, and unload the debt onto them, so they implode under the same negative energy they created.

Sure, you'll still lose the dollar, but f' it, you'll gain freedom and a true democracy. Wealth will be easy to make in that scenario.

And take care of the weak and the poor so they don't add to the chaos, their security is the stability of society.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
One of the worrying things about this "new agency" is the timing. If the Congress is to authorize the creation of this agency before the election they will have to create the bill and sign it in less than a weeks time. There is no way the bill/laws governing this agency may be fully realized, read on, comprehended and voted on in less than a week. This means that the government is going to authorize a American tax sinkhole without any actual understanding of what they are going to authorize. I know this is standard practice, but we are starting to move into the trillion dollar range here. The timing is all suspect!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

I don't think he'll be going to Texas, if you have'nt heard yet, here you go: Sorry mods I forgot how to hyperlink.

Bush Buys Land in Northern Paraguay

Prensa Latina – Buenos Aires, Oct 13, 2006

Scroll down for update

An Argentine official regarded the intention of the George W. Bush family to settle on the Acuifero Guarani (Paraguay) as surprising, besides being a bad signal for the governments of the region.

Luis D Elia, undersecretary for the Social Habitat in the Argentine Federal Planning Ministry, issued a memo partially reproduced by digital INFOBAE.com, in which he spoke of the purchase by Bush of a 98,842-acre farm in northern Paraguay, between Brazil and Bolivia.

The news circulated Thursday in non-official sources in Asuncion, Paraguay.

D Elia considered this Bush step counterproductive for the regional power expressed by Presidents Nestor Kirchner, Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Evo Morales, Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro.

He said that "it is a bad signal that the Bush family is doing business with natural resources linked to the future of MERCOSUR."

The official pointed out that this situation could cause a hypothetical conflict of all the armies in the region, and called attention to the Bush family habit of associating business and politics.
www.plenglish.com/article.asp?ID=[EBA55617-2676-4091-ABBC-20650EB6FEE1]&EN

Update
Bush Family Residence in Paraguay?
Written by April Howard – Upside Down World October 11, 2006
Note: all links are to Spanish/Portuguese websites apart from the final "Moonshine" link.

The Governor of Alto Paraguay, Erasmo Rodríguez Acosta has admitted to hearing that George Bush Sr. owns land in the Chaco region of Paraguay, in Paso de Patria. Acosta says that rumor has it that Bush owns near to 70 thousand hectares (173,000 acres) as part of an ecological reserve and/or ranch. However, the governor said he had no documents to prove the rumor. Acosta said that some stories credited the land to the Fundación Patria, which Bush would be a member of.

The spokespeople of the organization were not available to comment. Supposedly, Timothy Towell, the U.S. Ambassador in Asunción (the capital of Paraguay) is the present administrator of the land. First accounts signaled that Bush had acquired 40,000 hectares (99,000 acres) in the Chaco zone of Fuerte Olimpo, near the Bolivian Border. A spark of the interest in this property may have been Jenna Bush's private visit to Paraguay with Unicef, which started Saturday, October 7, 2006. Supposedly Jenna will travel to the ranch to ''observe'' several indigenous villages are located on the property.
upsidedownworld.org...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
where are all the free-market capitalists now? if anyone from now on hears how bad regulations are for the market, they are simply lying to you and shouldn't be trusted. what happened to all the talk about personal responseability. people need to be put in prison and have all their assets confisicated... doesn't this happen if your caught growing marijuana in your own house? isn't this a thousand times more injurous then that? let me ask you something...how would the wealthy invest billions of dollars and not know what they are investing in? are the american people that stupid to believe that the wealthy were that ignorant and naive? this doesn't pass the smell test.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
i know that there is a thread already that contained this "video" which is just a snippet of a radio show, but i couldn't find that thread. it aired july 7th, and talked about the secret congressional meeting from back in march. i've embedded in case some of you haven't heard it yet, or didn't know about it.

pay careful attention to the video at the 3:20 till about the 5 minute mark. it talks about this situation exactly. yes i know we aren't in an economic collapse, yet, but there's still a couple of months to go.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
where are all the free-market capitalists now? if anyone from now on hears how bad regulations are for the market, they are simply lying to you and shouldn't be trusted. what happened to all the talk about personal responseability. people need to be put in prison and have all their assets confisicated... doesn't this happen if your caught growing marijuana in your own house? isn't this a thousand times more injurous then that? let me ask you something...how would the wealthy invest billions of dollars and not know what they are investing in? are the american people that stupid to believe that the wealthy were that ignorant and naive? this doesn't pass the smell test.

oh, but it's their ira's, their stock portfolios, their money that is getting creamed now...so well, maybe this is an exception to the rule.......THIS TIME!!!

a chain is only as strong as it's weakest links. it does no good to throw in a few links made of titanium if they are connected to links made of cheap tin!! this is what I think trickle down economics has been doing all these years....changing some of the links to titanium at the cost of other links, changing them to tin....
the people at the bottom don't make enough money to pay $600, $700, heck, they have a hard time paying the $400 rent....but, well, they really want to be getting the $600, $700, $900, heck $1,000 for the rental units....what's the solution, easy, provide them with more money, through easy credit, through government programs, however...
they don't have the money to spend oodles of money buying all this crap that is keeping the economy churning...the answer.....give them more money!!
they don't have them money to pay the fees that the healthcare industry wants to be paid, so give them more money!!
they don't make enough money to buy that $100,000 house for $400,000, so well....give them more money!!!!
the people aren't borrowing anymore to pay for all this stuff we are trying to peddle to them...oh no!! what shall we do??? we will borrow the money for them and call it a tax rebate!

the chain is breaking, how could it not???
seems to me, it would have been less costly in the long run to just pay them more money, and ask for less for the rent, the healthcare, the homes, ect, just accept that you aren't gonna make the "record profits" for awhile...
but that just isn't how trickle down economics works, is it???

[edit on 20-9-2008 by dawnstar]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
After reading 5 pages of I don't know what. Is everyone really this clueless or is it just an act? You really know why this is happening, right? They who deny ignorace don't know why?

The parasites that had been running your country lost control on 5 November 2005. The ones who brought murderers, thieves and every type of brigand to this place; The ones who led our young men to die in a desert; The ones that have been spending everything they can get their hands on to maintain control; Money and talk have proven themselves inadequate to fight off what they brought upon their heads. They have no more money and hope has long departed, but America will be just fine. This is a focused demolition.

Days away? No, you've got 23 days left.

Why do Kings have all the power, why do they not share power or consider the thoughts of men? Because when all is said and done, when all the works of men have crumbled and turned to dust. The King remains. He is the only reality!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Can we ALL AGREE to write in Dr. Ron Paul this November........I think he is the ONLY person that gots the right idea. THIS IS HISTORY PEOPLE, WE CAN TAKE THIS COUNTRY BACK ALONG WITH OUR CONSTITUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im so pissed off right now i hope the world market crashes....thats the only way americans will snap out of this zombie mode of doing what the Media tells them.

WAKE UP REVOLT!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I call this the cathartic release of a cynical attitude regarding our entrusted leadership, who have abandoned us in shifts.

Once empowered to the point of being capable of changing the world, they can't resist the temptation to keep doing it. Even if it didn't work the first time.

I fear this is the economic equivalent of watching the World Trade Centers fall in slow motion.

The analogy could be considered most synchronous.

While the administration continues its schizoid rearrangement of the deck chairs in the burning house that has become our impending future, playing 'diplomat' and 'politician showman', we are economically dropping into the birth canal of 'the next thing.'

We may suspect we know who the father of this 'new' bastard child is. But most importantly, most here are aware, it is not the offspring born of consent; I'm in a dark enough mood over this to call it rape.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I call this the cathartic release of a cynical attitude regarding our entrusted leadership, who have abandoned us in shifts.

Once empowered to the point of being capable of changing the world, they can't resist the temptation to keep doing it. Even if it didn't work the first time.

I fear this is the economic equivalent of watching the World Trade Centers fall in slow motion.

The analogy could be considered most synchronous.

While the administration continues its schizoid rearrangement of the deck chairs in the burning house that has become our impending future, playing 'diplomat' and 'politician showman', we are economically dropping into the birth canal of 'the next thing.'

We may suspect we know who the father of this 'new' bastard child is. But most importantly, most here are aware, it is not the offspring born of consent; I'm in a dark enough mood over this to call it rape.

That was beautiful analogy, but it wasn't rape and the child is no bastard; momma gave it up willingly, the father was present during the delivery and put his name on the birth certificate. Meet your new Daddy!!

[edit on 20-9-2008 by bruxfain]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Its scary how much power the Federal Reserve has over America, I'll be interested to see what happens next week in the Markets, I wonder if the FTSE and other indexes will continue to climb?

That comment about the short sellers being like Vultures is totally correct, they are a necessary part of the system, yet the Governments use them as a scapegoat.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think it's ominous the politicians are gonna buy out the debts..

A bancrupt country normally doesn't hàve a trillion dollars to do this.
Where do they get the money, and what is their purpose in doing so ?

With the cost of two wars putting the USA in debt for.. oh.. maybe a century or so, with more adding each minute, how can they even begin to think of spending a trillion (estimated anyway) to bankroll the bankers even more ?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phatcat
I think it's ominous the politicians are gonna buy out the debts..

A bancrupt country normally doesn't hàve a trillion dollars to do this.
Where do they get the money, and what is their purpose in doing so ?

With the cost of two wars putting the USA in debt for.. oh.. maybe a century or so, with more adding each minute, how can they even begin to think of spending a trillion (estimated anyway) to bankroll the bankers even more ?

real estate is like gold, it will always have at least some value...unlike their paper, who's value is most probably gonna go down if they don't knock off their insane policies! heck, by the time all is said and done, I bet they own a nice portion of our real estate, and they do have a war to fight ya know...if the american people don't have the money to buy this real estate, well, china and the arabs have plenty!!
in short, I bet china and the rest of the world told bush that they weren't taking his empty promises written on paper much longer and he better find a better commodity to trade with them...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Iraq, 6000.00 USD per second!!!

In a perfect world I'd send the entire federal reserve, rogue ceo's and traders to desolate island. And let them rip the meat off each others bones ala 'The Lord of the Flies.'

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I could not agree more. I saw this the other day and thought. He was hitting the nail right on the head. Great post!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I hate to say this but.....there does not seem much point in trying to stop what can not be stopped at this point. All they are doing with each and every buy out is just putting another piece of tape over a leak in a boat that wont stop leaking. They are just trying to stem off the inevitable before Bush leaves office. The only way to solve this is to let the Dollar fail and start over from scratch.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chilled Zen
Its scary how much power the Federal Reserve has over America, I'll be interested to see what happens next week in the Markets, I wonder if the FTSE and other indexes will continue to climb?

That comment about the short sellers being like Vultures is totally correct, they are a necessary part of the system, yet the Governments use them as a scapegoat.

it is obvious who runs this country...the wealthy through the fed. our leaders in the congress and the white house are mere spokesmen for this group that have profit as their god, and to hell with the citizens. we are merely the unwashed consumer slaves, to be kept on the leash of ignorance. for the general public to recieve a circumcision of their meager savings into the rabbit hole of free-market capitalism is likened to a viscid, pustulant, oozing sore lying in the sweaty, fleshy, folds of a fat and gelatinous ass.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by cebadec

You know I was thinking the other day if I had read even one prediction on ATS that even came close to being right,this guy seems to be purty close,I remember listening to this when it first came to ATS and thinking what I always think,"ya right"so he got real close to what is happening.
I guess we wait and see what comes of this rape of our tax base,I have a hard time beliveing there is even Trillion bollers left to bail anyone out.
Also I have said this before,if you want to know why this happens when these people are supposed to be working for us(the people)read this thread,NO ONE AGREES ON ANYTHING so how are we going to agree to unite and stop the employees from destorying our feedom.Thats really what it is about FREEDOM as we know it,GONE!!!!!
Find a way to unite the people and you can change or stop anything as long as it is a common cause,do you think Freedom is common enough????

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Heck, a great many people predicted this long ago, on numerous forums across the web. I myself predicted this when the stupid GOP congress in its contract on America re-wrote the laws regulating banks, and created the internet bubble followed by the real estate bubble.

Here is the solution, cancel the fed reserve act, re-enact the U.S. treasury and start issuing U.S. treasury notes, backed by U.S. tax receipts. Let the fed reserve and all the financial instututions attached to it meet their fate through the free market system they claim to be so great. Ron Paul and all the others like him are the fools who created this problem in the first place. If Ron Paul had his way, he would have sold everything of value in this country, and gave it to the same people who have created this mess. People who back Ron Paul are proof that hindsight is not 20/20.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join