It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional Leaders Stunned by Warnings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I want names numbers and street addresses. We all know ceo's and their golden parachutes. We know enron led to some mighty frisky business.

The people in quarter, that have brought this upon us need to be stopped and atone for their actions.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I don't know why no one is talking about this in the correct manner. What we are seeing happen is a consolidation of wealth. Of course this stuff is all manipulated. Regardless of whats going on with the companies themselves the problem is the stock price is being intentiaonally driven down so that the companies may be bought out at firesale prices. Oh and a bonus we can suck another trillion dollars out of the taxppayers.

So now we have the federal Government and/or the FED buying private corporations at rock bottom prices at the expense of the taxpayer. Whats the differance between AIG last month and this month nothing except the stock price and a rumor.

THe wealth is being transferred into the hands of fwere individuals and we are preparing to see a meltdown of our entire system and way of life.

Do your research this was all forcast in the book of revalations, it is but a stepping stone to the one world government and the antichrist who will come on scene to save us all when the crap finally hits the fan.

The signs are everywhere How can you believe in the NWO, Global currency, martial law, knights templars and other Conspiracy theories without a belief in Jesus Christ. Everything ties together

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by photobug

I tend to find my faith from within myself and from the comfort of those around me, so pardon if I don't go along with the whole "rapture" scenario people bring up.

I'm truly an optimistic person. The states would never allow something like what TPTB want to happen. There's just too much for too many to lose, and not enough for just a fraction of people. With any luck, the states will decide to abolish and resolve the Constitution and Federal Government. That's where we come in.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
First off, there are MANY reasons why this "Financial Crisis" came to be. Let me start by telling everyone on here that it is NOT an "Economic Crisis", it is a "Financial Crisis". There is a major difference and a blatant distinction between the two. This "crisis" is only affecting Wall Street, not our Main Street Economic Abilities. DO NOT panic, DO NOT start pulling your money out of investments or holdings, THAT is what leads to a collapse. This is simply a dip.

Second, I, and others whom I have known for a long time, have been saying for years that this was going to happen. Why you ask? Here are some reasons:

-Our Economy and Financial Institutions began an upswing in the late 1980's/ early 1990's. It peaked just recently, and so we have essentially been living in an EXTREMELY prosperous Economic period for nearly Two Decades. As anyone knows, you can only achieve a certain height before you have to come back down. This applies to many things in life, but in this case we are referring to the United States Economy. A very close acquaintance of mine mentioned as far back as 10-15 years ago that we were going to have to come back down sooner rather than later. In a sense, a Bubble has to Burst at some point in time. Just look at the History of this Nation, and you will see a Roller Coaster Effect of everything, ranging from Wars, to Economic Status, and Waves of Immigration. NOTHING stays where it is forever, this is a reality of life.

-The greed which has infected CEO's, Boards, and Many Business Owners has been building rapidly over the past Decade. There are more and more young, naive, and downright ignorant individuals being placed into positions of power within Corporations. Some of these individuals even go as far as actually openly bragging about how they rip employees and customers off, and how they exploit the system. They want the big money, and they want it fast. Yet, at the same time, they have no business knowledge, nor experience, and thus they cut the core projects and divisions which bring in the steady long-term finances. In other words, they could care less wether or not they are setting their business up for a total and complete collapse, as long as they come out of it with a big fact check, and possibly a buy-out, they remain happy. I myself have seen this happen, and are currently seeing this still happen, with certain Corporations that I am intimately familiar with. It is beyond frustrating, as MANY veteran employees know they are being doomed, yet they have no authority to affect any true change within the Management Levels.

-The Current Congress (110th) has done absolutely NOTHING for this Nation. Squat. The only issue this current Congress has consumed itself with is the destruction of the Current United States Presidential Administration. They are focusing on vengeance, and nothing more. They stall EVERY last idea that comes from the Executive Branch, even if it is a good one, simply to suit their egos and Partisan Ideologies. The Legislative Branch in all due respects has far more power than the United States President. They can deny budgets, veto proposals, and pull every last financial string existing in the United States of America. They are FAR more responsible for not managing American Budgetary issues, than any U.S. President ever has been, is, or could be.

We keep discussing the need for a "Shake-up" in Washington, D.C., but no one seems to focus that statement towards the Legislators. If you really want to Shake Things Up in Washington, Focus on who you are voting for this November in the United States Senate, and the United States House of Representatives. We have all of these egomaniacs who chair committees, and they never face a Power Loss because most constituents always vote for Incumbents, all due to Name Recognition. We are studying our Presidential and Vice-Presidential Candidates, but you also need to study your Representatives as well. Do not let the Executive Election distract from or overshadow the Legislative one as well.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

the "help one another bit" is probably one of the smartest things Ive ever read online. Thumbs up to you

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

"abolish and resolve the Constitution and Federal Government. That's where we come in. "

Abolish the Constitution!?!?! Are you mad? Thats a horrible thought.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
A complete meltdown probably WAS just days away at the rate things were going. Probably the most useful short term measure was to stop "short selling". That particular practice should (in my opinion) be permanently banned, as should quite a few other common practices on Wall Street.

Instability is an underlying factor, but the primary cause of this week's problems has been panic and uncertainty, and the herd instinct. The US economy is weak, but the behavior of the markets this week and the undermining effects upon basically sound institutions is inexcusable

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RR98
A complete meltdown probably WAS just days away at the rate things were going. Probably the most useful short term measure was to stop "short selling". That particular practice should (in my opinion) be permanently banned, as should quite a few other common practices on Wall Street.

Instability is an underlying factor, but the primary cause of this week's problems has been panic and uncertainty, and the herd instinct. The US economy is weak, but the behavior of the markets this week and the undermining effects upon basically sound institutions is inexcusable

The reason they stopped the shorts was that the average guy, the little guy, was making money, but the big guys weren't ready to move yet. In other words (probably for the first time in history), the little guy was more aware of the market than the big guys.

(That's just my opinion, btw).

They are trying to stave off something that has been planned for 100 years. Unless they (i.e., government) start using extreme prejudice (shall we say) against the Fed (which isn't federal at all, but private), and against the larger financial institutes, I don't think this situation can be salvaged.

But again, that's just my opinion, and I could be wrong. I might bet breakfast on it, but not much more.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by photobug

I agree completly with you up to the point you mention the book of revelations. PUKE !!!! KOTZ !!!! PUKE SOME MORE !!!

A typical example how to misinterprete parts of the bible.
"Of course you'll get love & peace, ONCE YOU'RE IN HEAVEN. And a 100 virgins waiting for ya" Oh no, these belong to the other nutters.

This what happens when you read the "DaVinci Code" even the local priest told you not to read. Now go off my son a pray a 100 Ave Marias. And don't forget to pay your taxes. God is broke. The Vatican needs you.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

This may not be an economic crisis but remember that credit to the economy is like motor oil to an engine.

If the financial crisis, well not really if anymore, prevents banks and other lenders from granting loans to business in general, the poop will hit the fan for the economy. There are many industries that rely on obtaining loans on a regular basis in order to operate. It only takes a few businesses to fall for the chain reaction or downward spiral to start.

It will be an economic crisis very soon at this rate.

Besides if you look at a direct affect, all those people that worked in the financial industry and are now at great risk of being laid off are gonna stop buying stuff. This will have another downward spiral effect on the economy in general. Or what about the industries that provide services to the big finance houses? What about the guys that sell office supplies, computers, servers, janitorial equipment, and other things that help a business operate?

This financial crisis is tremendously dangerous on all levels. With the current bailouts, there will be a huge strain on the dollar and cracks in the faith of the current government credit ratings.

Yes these guys were greedy but they had a job that affects everything else. Personally I think that many of these people who churned the economy should meet Mr Guillotine.

Lastly I do have to agree with your opinion on Congress. To add to it, many of the people in Congress were on the take. It is no wonder that Harry Reid doesn't know what to do.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

And even if you did want to get all your money out of the bank they wouldn't let you because they all have limited amounts that you can draw out at one time... I think Bank of America's is like 300 or 500 bucks in one day that you are ALLOWED to draw out in cash.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I would panic too if I had billions of dollars held by Lehman Brothers.

Besides we aren't out of the hole yet. Washington Mutual is in trouble. This is the bad news THAT WE KNOW of. Wait until the weekend news starts, I hope I am wrong but weekend news usually contains some economic bad stuff.

By the way short selling isn't so bad, you can bring up some nasty suspicions (9-11) from short activities.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by wutone]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueHusslin
And even if you did want to get all your money out of the bank they wouldn't let you because they all have limited amounts that you can draw out at one time... I think Bank of America's is like 300 or 500 bucks in one day that you are ALLOWED to draw out in cash.

ATM withdrawls have low limits. Cash withdrawals from the teller have a much higher limit.
You can withdraw even very high amounts via cashier's check.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
OK TrueHusslin, so you are prepared to do so? Then do it. It will amuse me to see you getting arrested for a ridiculous response to a crisis that has nothing to do with firearms. how old are you?

[edit on 20/9/2008 by RR98]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Everything Mr. Paul said is correct, it is a terrible shame he is not taken more seriously.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Yeah, ya know I wish I could run a business into the ground and get rewarded for it. Is there any common sense anymore?

Some people are buying gold, some EUROS. Me, I'm thinking about buying seeds. You can't eat gold!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Why should policians care? They have a pension and free healthcare the rest of their lives. Then they get to vote themselves payraises indexed to their own idea of inflation while the US soldiers are barely getting by with what little they get paid while their 'freindly' next door neighbors (Blackwater) are earning 4 types as much annually in half the time. I could do the math but that would make it worse.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
reply to post by Tgautier13

"abolish and resolve the Constitution and Federal Government. That's where we come in. "

Abolish the Constitution!?!?! Are you mad? Thats a horrible thought.

And resolve. Its a figure of speech concerning the State's rights of seceeding from the current Union, and with 34 other State votes, dissolve the current Federal Government, and start anew. They would figuratively abolish the Constitution, then resolve it back to its original piece. Amendments would probably be grandfathered in on such an occasion.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
(*pUSHED pANIC BUTTON AND screams AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

sELLL sELL sELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL ;M,;AKJC thisd IS madness.

oh SNAPS........ crazy !!!!!... aMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL THAT HOE SHE PLAYED US WASN'T THAT CUTE IT MUST OF BEEN THE MAKEUP......

cRAP CRAP SNIP SNIP #......................................... yOU RKNOW WHY THEY CALL IT THED aMRICAN DREAM BECUASE YOU HAVE TO BE SLEEPING TO BELIEVE IT...gEORGE cARLIN.................

wE ARE A PAPER TIGER ALL ALONG, THEY WERE RIGHT....AAAAAAAAAHHH

\RUn Holy SNIP RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join