It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How 6,700 Tons of Radioactive Sand from Kuwait Ended Up in Idaho

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

On April 26, 2008, the BBC Alabama arrived in Longview, Wash., carrying 6,700 tons of Kuwaiti sand. The sand had become contaminated with depleted uranium when U.S. military vehicles and munitions caught fire at Doha Army base in Kuwait during the 1991 Gulf War. The depleted uranium was being repatriated. The sand was a gift of the Kuwaiti government. So was the cost of repatriation. Neither government will discuss just how much the tab was.
www.alternet.org...

At the last minute, the Army notified port authorities that tests had revealed that the sand was also contaminated with lead -- in fact, four times more lead than the EPA's limit for hazardous materials. Transshipment was delayed for a few days awaiting a green light from the EPA. Wilcox told the Daily News that he hoped the delivery would be a one-time thing. Over the next month, longshoremen loaded 160 containers onto railcars bound for an Idaho-based waste disposal site owned by a company called American Ecology. When the sand arrived at the Idaho site, the company did its own tests and, as Chad Hyslop, project director for American Ecology, told the Daily News, "found no hazardous levels of lead."
www.alternet.org...

so they got the green light from the EPA (another one of our governments worthless agencies) just like the FDA that let's contaminated food into this country.

all we have to do is sit and wait for our government to kill us one way or the other.

when all is said and done.....................we are dead!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think this was a good catch on your part. American Ecology, huh?

It never ceases to amaze me, the arrogant hubris of the military industrial complex and their store bought government.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

and it never ceases to amaze me that the citizens of the united states of america believe what they are told by our government thru the media. our military gets away with murder and our citizens, sheppal that they are, afraid.................afraid of what.........our government? our government should be afraid of its people. remember, remember the 5th of november. the rise of the fourth reich happening all over again...................but first they must kill off a few million this is just another way and still people with eyes cannot see and ears that cannot hear.

thanks for the star.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What happened is the uranium was used to make dirty bombs that were dropped on Kanata by planes that launched from Inner Idaho territory old . The planes were in old sesh land and they were stolen and the terrorist then built dirty bombs , the uranium guy stole uranium from Afrika too thanks for reminding me to look into the Iraq issue with amerika .

We were hit so was our wildlife in Kanata , the airfileds I hear are having problems to date so are the sattelites from Amerika that are desil run and the engines are pattents bought off old german planes . The sattelites warp our landscape and hurt canadians and visiting Indian nation peoples .

The guy who took the uranium from africa and built weaponry is now dead he was worth 2 billion and his palz just lost 4 billion at the alter I hear . This is all over for the KKK of amerika .

[edit on 20-9-2008 by jokerdazey2]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jokerdazey2

Wow, that sure is one heck of an operation you are trying to unravel there. You really need to concentrate and develop each aspect and then tie it all together in the end. I think that your concept is too disjointed at the moment to sway many towards your argument position.

I am interested in the part about plans being stolen from German planes. Can you elaborate a little on that and tell us more about it?

Star and a flag for musselwhite.

[edit on 9-20-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
7000 Tonnes of sand really isn't that much material.

You could transport it using little more than 300 road going trucks and a couple of diggers.

Or thirty of them on a merry go round contract.

Less than that if you employ industrial dumper trucks.

And it could all be done in less than a day.

You would have to remove more material from any medium sized construction project.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonrat

You would have to remove more material from any medium sized construction project.

Yes, but is it contaminated with depleted Uranium? I think that is the main point. That Kuwait made us take the contaminated sand back to America. Good on them for doing it. Bad on us for making it necessary for them to do it.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by moonrat

Yes, but is it contaminated with depleted Uranium? I think that is the main point. That Kuwait made us take the contaminated sand back to America. Good on them for doing it. Bad on us for making it necessary for them to do it.

I have worked on many big construction projects in the UK since 1991 as an engineer.

On more than one occasion, it has been necessary to remove 'contaminated' material from construction sites to a regulated dump.

We have had to deal with many toxins, mostly lead contamination from old industrial complexes, and have encountered things as diverse as anthrax (old bone yards and slaughter houses) to cyanide from redundant ICI paint manufacturing plants.

The thing is, most people are not aware of what really does go on.

If you work in a 'normal' job, you can't gain access to places like these. Chemical plants, military dockyards (with old, rusting nuke boats et al), civilian dockyards, railway marshalling yards, new motorways, tunnels and canals etc.

There is an awfull lot of poison in our environment that your average 'Joe' is totally oblivious to.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

the west should have just left kuwait as an annexed province of iraq - how would they have liked that ?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
really the ungreatful pricks that caused us to be in this whole mess from the get go...

sorry but we never would have went back in IF, we hadn't been there before

they should build bombs from the stuff and use it to defend themselves

top topics

join