It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Role reversal Commentary: By curbing all shorts, the U.S. is manipulating the market

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Role reversal Commentary: By curbing all shorts, the U.S. is manipulating the market

www.marketwatch.com

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- When Russia shut down its stock markets to avoid the global collapse sweeping the markets earlier this week, most of Wall Street shook its head.

The move smacked of totalitarianism and artificial manipulation, such a brazen intervention wouldn't happen in a free market.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You do see the irony in this don't you? For those of you that are preaching that this is the right move you must understand how these huge organizations manipulated the market through short sales to crush other companies. Yet, when the big boys find themselves knee deep in the crap that they created they get a free pass from the government.

Double standards are pathetic and I am seeing more and more of them within certain factions of this government and with big corporate America.

We can't let the rich dogs starve now can we.

www.marketwatch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Yes you are right when the fat rats are in trouble they will never dare to think what life will be without holding their power, so we the working class come handy to bail them out.

They own the economy and they own our for the people elected puppet government.

They create the laws and loopholes to screw those under them.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Exactly. And this action should help to solidify the fact that it isn't about what is fair, that it is more about what the rich, self proclaimed elites want and need. However, the problem I see with that is that they already have all of the money in the world. They don't need more of that. What I believe they are aiming at is for the procurement of the assets of this country. Because once they own that, much like the farmland in Great Britain, it's simply a matter of control. More control than they have now.

This move is illegal and goes completely against what a 'free market' is supposed to mean. They are creating a temporary band aid fix for a much larger problem that THEY created. It's pathetic and yet we are the ones that will have to foot the bill for this whole mess.

My family is already giving up $10,000 for the bailout earlier this week. I guess another $10k won't hurt too much.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Actually right now per person holding debt due to the outrageous deficit is now at almost half a million dollars.

After the bail outs and the new fed bastard child I can only imagine that the new numbers will be in the millions per American family.

Can you imagine that?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Actually right now per person holding debt due to the outrageous deficit is now at almost half a million dollars.

After the bail outs and the new fed bastard child I can only imagine that the new numbers will be in the millions per American family.

Can you imagine that?

I know. I was just talking about yesterday. Within a matter of minutes $10k was added to our liability from my household. It's nice how our government is so willing to break the law with our money.

Also, they go to war and spend billions per month on something that a good majority of Americans don't even support. Talk about mismanagement of funds. It's pathetic and there will be a breaking point reached. I just hope it is a peaceful breaking point but I don't hold out much hope for that.

See my second sig point because that is what I fear is coming.

new topics

top topics

join