It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world is NOT going down at 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Benarius

So, the great Sarcasmo wants to play? Careful, I'm a Scorpio with a third degree black belt in sarcasm! I was just stating fact. It is a continuous solar cycle, not a Earth shattering event! If you want unusual solar activity, then check out this thread:

Nasa to discuss conditions on and around the Sun

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I was going to say more but somehow all that i'd written was deleted and i got pissed off to say the least..

So i'll just ask that you PLEASE watch these videos which i found conveniently discussed in a thread already on this site:
Video: Lost Books of Nostradamus
I have seen the History Channel vids previously and, IMO, they were inexplicably eye-opening.
Listen to what these experts have to say about one of the most accurate seers in history.
I'm not one for watching videos, particularly long ones, on here but i definitely recommend these if you want some more insight into this 2012 deal and the events leading up to it.

EDIT TO ADD: I agree that the human culture isn't going to meet some inevitable fate come 2012, that our entire planet will just explode or whatever it is the sensationalists are saying these days..
Although, i am in no position to say this for absolute certain because the time in question hasn't come to pass. And i'm certainly not going to preach or impose my opinion on others and try to make them believe that i'm telling it like it is.
The point is we can only speculate and best prepare for the future events that are inevitably created from those actions taken in the present. You would have to be blind to not notice the turmoil our surrounding environment is enduring - and what i mean by that, primarily, is the increasing ferocity and frequency of natural disasters. Whether this IS apart of a very ancient cycle that the Earth participates in every hundred thousand years or so, or if these changes are the first of their kind (that we as a species will actually witness en mass, at least) you should take concious note that these things are happening and i have to say that it is likely that these events will probably get worse before they begin to grow better.

And so i doubt that the OP posesses the knowledge to accurately determine the where the truth lies on this subject because, in all honesty, his/her original post seems more closed minded to the accuality of the history of this particular date.
I understand how all the "doomsday" prophecy would practically drive anyone to the funnyfarm, but you should be aware that changes are taking place - whether directly regarding our species' evolution and very perception of reality or indirectly in the atmosphere and planetary orbit and so forth - but changes they are nevertheless.
Be aware that they're are greater forces at work here, far eclipsing any power or wisdom we believe we have.

[edit on 20/9/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder
Now, forgive me if I am some pessimistic, old, grumpy agent - but after seeing yet another Oh-Noes-The-World-Is-Going-Down-In-2012 !!! website, I have just had about quite enough, thank you very much.

2012 has become pop culture. It's only the matter of time before some major Hollywood producer will announce another crappy blockbuster 2012 movie.

It's not long before Dan Brown will come up with a 2012 bestseller.

It's not long before Paris Hilton herself will start mentioning her views on 2012 to the media.

Wake up, people. Please.

The world is not going down on december 12th, 2012.

The world will go on, as it always does.

Can't you realize that it's just another hype, much like Y2K, etc, etc.

We humans always need to believe in something, some End Of Days scenario, so it will bring at least some amusement to our miserable lives. So someone will come and save us from ourselves.

Well, I am speaking of reason. No one, no higher power no divine intervention is going to save us. We are going to save ourselves. Us.

Do you really believe that you are so powerless that you need someone or some higher power to save you?

Do you really believe that you need some event like the End Of The World to give meaning to your life?

Well, I am talking reason again.

You have all the power and all the knowledge to start living your lives right now and to create your own future.

You don't have to depend on any Doomsday Prophecies, Saviors or Messiahs.

You can make your own future, starting right here and right now.

This is no religion, no Illuminati or any secret societies talking to you.

This is common sense.

I beg you to wake up. Start living your lives and stop wasting your time with some prophecies that will never come true.

You exist and you strive and you love and you cry and you laugh and you run around and you sleep and you build things and you have sex and then you die, not to sound too depressing, the world is wiped clean of your biological presence. Which, from my perspective, makes your brief biological time here all more precious due to it's relative brevity.

But then again, I'm just an old, grumpy agent.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Spooky Fox Mulder]

I agree. You're old.

T.Y. for the morbidly correct thread, btw, we need that every now and then.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Now go off and read them !!!

just kidding

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

The world is not going down on december 12th, 2012.

just to correct you fox the date is supposedly 21/12/2012

and your quite right nothing will happen 2012 as this is just another scaremongering book selling tactic, people who spread utter crap like that should be locked up naked in a small cell with a gruop of randy lions and wilderbeast. Joking aside I believe nothing will happen 2012 BUT I feel mabe in the next 20 years ,something will happen that will change the planet and mankind forever.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Ya know, "nothing is going to happen in 2012" threads are about the same level of boring unoriginality as "something is going to happen in 2012" threads.

This is what is true: We NEED a f@#%ing change. The entire world is walking on egg shells. We've always been fighting but now our sticks and stones have evolved into technologies that could destroy our entire world. We've lost morality, our government's corrupt. This will not continue how it is. It is just not possible. Either something good will happen, or something bad will happen which will then start something good. Whatever these are, they are significant. Not because some "see'ers" saw the future, but because that is what happens when things are not in balance. That is what caused the American Revolution, that balance is what causes some deer to starve to death in winter so that there isn't an overpopulation.

It may or may not happen in 2012, but its coming up, most of us can feel it in one way or another. Some hold on to the date, some hold on to the hate.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Hey, don't be sad. We're coming to be.
Yes it happened many times on Earth remember? Remember when we came into the world, the Homo sapiens? We are a great bunch aren't we, do you know how we are even possible?

We are a species of vast potential, managing to reach the moon within 500000 years of our evolution (despite being destroyed many times). Being social creatures, we have established a bond of immense proportions compared to other living beings on Earth, creating magnificent wonders representing our ingenuity and establishing unique forms of communication. It's the evolution of society.

We have evolved from a physical sustenance mentality to vital (forming tribes, war), to mental (where we are now, Internet and economy) and finally spiritual (even our minds have limits we have to break). Of course it is the prime directive of evolution which demands the amount of change needed to evolve must increase in pace, exponentially.

Have a nice shift!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored

You are quite welcome, mmariebored.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored

You are quite welcome, mmariebored.

(I was just kidding about the "old")

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

you are oh-so-wrong on just about everything you say,
No.1. western society is 1500 years old at best! our beloved european ancesters wiped out most of the natural inhabitants of most land they conqoured! these people they conqoured lived there for thousands of year's without having a need to change there way's! The hopi indians have lived for thousaands of years without the need for science or rational explanations for extraordinary events or occourings.
www.welcomehome.org...
after i read this still not wanting to buy it i found this
us.figu.org...
download contact 251st
also you have the mayan calender which in the fifth night the monetery system will fall apart culminating on november 24 2008,
this was written 2000 years ago
www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...
why would norway be spending soooooo much money if this were not been taken seriusly!
belive me i wanted this to be false but the more i seem to dig the more i keep conflicting with logic! so you have to ask yourself then! who programmed you to look at the world with such logic and reasoning! And why do most major religions not endorse the idea of reincarnation! even though Immanual (jesus,christ,the saviour,our lord) taught! I am not christian nor am i atheist, nor do i believe in any earth religous ideal's as to keep my spirit pure to observe the constant and not the pulsed sporadic ideals of power hungry savages! the hopi,the australian aboriginy's, the eskimos and the south american tribes are the constant! they have remained longer than any empire! rome came and fell while the hopi and other tribes live on! do you fail to ask yourself why? maybe your logical conclusions will dismiss me but a small part will recognise truth in these word's and ask does science that we believe to be essential to our civilisation i.e . medicine,t.v.internet and our concrete buildings wired up hotter than the sun are safe and necessery to our survival! that is your logic and science in a nut

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
Prophecy has and is coming to pass.

I used an example with a friend earlier this evening to explain what destiny as opposed to fate is.

Take a flowering plant. Assuming for the moment if it were conscious and able to think, most likely it has no idea it will become a flower. It doesn't know when, or what it will be like. But it does anyway, right according to schedule.

That is fate. Prophesy is like a schedule for fate. People OTOH have freedom of choice, and this allows them to choose their destiny. The fate part comes in when we become empowered to make all the right choices. The process of becoming empowered to do this is on a schedule.

This is my understanding of the difference.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Well, in my opinion, "doomsday,""end times" whatever you want to term it isn't going to happen the way everyone thinks to begin with. So, just breathe. Really, 2012 is not about the "end of the world." It is about change,an end of an era or age, not the world.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

OK, I'm confused?
Wasn't Scully the skeptic and Mulder the believer?

You seem to be taking the Scully point of view here.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

This is no religion, no Illuminati or any secret societies talking to you.

This is common sense.

More like denial. Maybe you think wars are random, that the US president actually runs the country, that the governments are actually enemies to eachother, that elections means something, that the media is there to inform you of what really happened and so on. That fine. But using the term "common sense" to disregard everything contradicting it is just denial of how the world really works.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thetruthwillkillyou

I believe the OP meant that the prophesy is correct, but the way people are interpreting it is out of the proper context.

As in "end of the world".

We know that the end of anything is the beginning of something else. It is a change of existence, not absolute and utter nothingness.

I saw a headline in the newspaper yesterday. It read, "DOOM AND GLOOM". It is merely the media's interpretation of a change in the financial structure of our world.

I choose not to believe that interpretation as a correct one.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

OK, I just reread the OP, and you, um... didn't get it. He is saying the prophecy is crap. Nothing is going to happen. Or maybe I didn't read between the lines...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pretty_vacant

I have seen the History Channel vids previously and, IMO, they were inexplicably eye-opening.
Listen to what these experts have to say about one of the most accurate seers in history.

In one breath, the History Channel is showing a movie about why the earth will be around, and in good living condition, for another million years, and in the next, it's telling us why we're all doomed soon. Everything they say is "eye opening", that doesn't mean there's any truth to it.

I agree that the human culture isn't going to meet some inevitable fate come 2012, that our entire planet will just explode or whatever it is the sensationalists are saying these days..

...we can only speculate and best prepare for the future events that are inevitably created from those actions taken in the present. You would have to be blind to not notice the turmoil our surrounding environment is enduring - and what i mean by that, primarily, is the increasing ferocity and frequency of natural disasters. Whether this IS apart of a very ancient cycle that the Earth participates in every hundred thousand years or so, or if these changes are the first of their kind (that we as a species will actually witness en mass, at least) you should take conscious note that these things are happening and i have to say that it is likely that these events will probably get worse before they begin to grow better.

I agree that we should do our best to clean up the damages we've already done to the planet and try to make it as functionally perfect as we're able to, all while increasing our knowledge in important matters like science and technology so we can find a way off of this planet and onto a new one. (Instead of wasting our brains and lifetimes studying irrelevant things like the many religions available to slow us down...but that's another topic.)

And so i doubt that the OP posesses the knowledge to accurately determine the where the truth lies on this subject because, in all honesty, his/her original post seems more closed minded to the accuality of the history of this particular date.

I disagree, I think he/she is just trying to stop the fearmongers around here from spreading their fear-inducing garbage so we can actually be useful and productive on this planet and work on fixing it, not cowering in fear of it.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

OK, I'm confused?
Wasn't Scully the skeptic and Mulder the believer?

You seem to be taking the Scully point of view here.

Well, we sometimes take shifts. Scully tends to grow into a believer nowadays, and I might believe that I have taken her place for a while.

I bet that Skinman would be confused

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Spooky Fox Mulder]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

O-k, I can see why they call you "spooky". Too fluid for me, yeah, true it is.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

I couldn't agree more. I actually starred your post.

Your sentiment is similar to mine. I really don't view the year of 2012 with fear and trepidation. If anything, I look forward to it.

I honestly think that anything would be better than the system we have now. Despite all of the technological progress and longer life spans, I don't think that we can honestly say that we are any happier than people were, say, two hundred years ago.

We live in a world with an ever diverse population and its not creating harmony. In my opinion, there are groups of people, as sad as it is to say, who shouldn't be here. If a catastrophe occurs between now and 2012 that wipes out huge segments of the human populace, so be it.

I mean, I hate to sound heartless, but that is just the grim realization that I have come to. The earth, and perhaps, the universe is out of balance. I say that whatever the ruling force of this universe deems necessary to rebalance everything that is what should happen. It's not going to do you or me any good to worry about it. It's coming.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join