It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008-09-19 IIG Press Release Concerning Michael Horn and Billy Meier

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hello.

First, I apologize for creating another Billy Meier thread. Unfortunately, this information doesn't really seem to fit within any of the currently active Meier threads. As some of you may know I am the Lead Investigator into the Billy Meier Case for the Independent Investigations Group.

Today (2008-09-19) the IIG has distributed a press release concerning Billy Meier's publicist, Michael Horn, publicly admitting to posting false and misleading documents on his website in order to support the various claims made by Billy Meier. We have also reformatted the Billy Meier section of the IIG website and updated it with what will be about 50-60% of the final report on the case. You can go to www.iigwest.org... to read our findings.

Thank you.

Here is the text of the press release:

Longtime UFO Proponent Admits To Publishing Misleading Articles In Order To Support His Claims
The Various Claims Of Billy Meier Are Now Made Even More Unlikely

Los Angeles, CA - September 19, 2008: The Independent Investigations Group (IIG) is the West Coast’s leading Paranormal Investigations group. One of the more prominent cases that the IIG has looked into is regarding the alleged UFO Contactee, Eduard Albert "Billy" Meier. An individual by the name of Michael Horn is the North American Publicist for Mr. Meier.

On August 27, 2008 in a public email Michael Horn sent to the IIG he revealed that he had posted false and misleading articles on his website. When confronted with this revelation Mr. Horn admitted to posting these false and misleading articles on his website in order to try and support the claims of Billy Meier.

Michael Horn also promotes several other claims made by Billy Meier. These claims include tales that Meier has traveled into the past on a flying saucer and took photographs of dinosaurs. However, his photographs turned out to be photographs of illustrations of dinosaurs taken from a book. Meier also published photographs of who he claimed was his extra-terrestrial contact, but it turned out that these were photographs of a singer performing on The Dean Martin Variety Show. Michael Horn also promotes the "prophecies" of Billy Meier. In January 2007 he claimed that one of these prophecies, which concerned the coming of World War III, had actually come true when four Heads of State died within seven days of each other. The problem with this “prophecy” is that the four Heads of State mentioned in the article did not die within seven days of each other like the “prophecy” claimed that they would.

You can read all about Michael Horn’s admitting to posting false and misleading articles and other claims made by Billy Meier here: www.iigwest.org...

The Center for Inquiry-Los Angeles is the West Coast home to the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry (CSI), publisher of Skeptical Inquirer magazine. Visit our website at www.cfiwest.org... or call (323) 666-9797

The Independent Investigations Group (IIG) is the West Coast’s leading Paranormal Investigations group and offers a $50,000 Challenge to anyone who can demonstrate paranormal abilities under scientifically controlled conditions. Visit our website at www.iigwest.org... or email us at [email protected]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by derekcbart

i think the "not at all " reply from Mr. Horn could be taken different way's and it looks to me like you twisted it to work for your agenda.

nice try but i aint buying it , sorry

edit to add that the only reason you made this thread in my opinion is because you saw that people were discussing the Meier photo's and you couldn't stand it...lmao

[edit on 19-9-2008 by easynow]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Hi there easynow.

Please remember that the "not at all" is simply the final confirmation of his guilt. It is his earlier statement about intentionally leaving false material on his site as some sort of "trap" for me that is the primary issue.

-Derek

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Nicely done Derek!
You completely have my support in this.
Billy Meiers religion should be stopped, yes that is what it has turned to be imho.

Perhaps Once in his life he had an experience, but also the loss of his arm has probably twisted his perception on reality.
As many fake claims have been done by this man people should get their eyes up to see what it is all about.

I usually dont come out and say what is fake or a hoax, but with Mr Meier it's completely another thing.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
IMO the crusade being waged on both sides here is adolescent, immature, and offensive to those of us who want to look at the info. without bias. Please just Do us all a favor and leave ATS.

The site Mods and owners have repeatedly asked you to stop this nonsense but you and Horn continue again and again with these threads and your minutia about the Meier case, which in the end, doesn't amount to proof of anything.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Furthermore, if your going to call someone a liar, at least show what they said in quotes so everyone can analyze it. This is so basic. But then again, it doesn't surprise me. The eight people who visit IIG.com, and theyfly.com can flame me, I don't care.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision
The site Mods and owners have repeatedly asked you to stop this nonsense.

Hello NightVision.

Neither the Mods nor the owners have ever asked me to not post my research here. In fact, I've had U2Us from the Mods today appreciating this very thread.

-Derek

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Oh, I'm sure you do.
Springer knows all about this nonsense and all the legalities you guys are trying to set up. I would be happy to have him join on on the discussion.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Derek,

Don't give validation by responding to armchair researchers, (see -devout believers) who cannot seem to extradite their collective backsides to do what you have done to expose this scumbag and his ilk.

You have done the research.

You have posted well founded findings and detailed them to the hilt...so essentially anyone can understand them (which is good with some of this crowd).

To level a demand that someone leave ATS due to exposing a fake is not only far too telling of that individual's belief system, but really very pathetic.

It leaves little wonder why this area of interest never gets past conjecture. It's filled with the blind and dumb.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
i'm tired of hearing about billy m. its time we put his silly story to rest for good.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
Derek,

To level a demand that someone leave ATS due to exposing a fake is not only far too telling of that individual's belief system, but really very pathetic.

Pathetic is enduring thread after thread of these minute arguments, Horn, and all the other crazies.

It leaves little wonder why this area of interest never gets past conjecture. It's filled with the blind and dumb.

Interesting how the insults just fly with you with little/no help.

You talk about proper research without any sense of irony that both Horn and your team of Meier de-bunkers are wasting your time and effort. I hope it was worth it. I'm sorry to dissapoint you guys, but even having proved this case bunk or not, there's no reward, award, or pot of gold waiting at the end of the rainbow.

Its the equivalent of posting threads today crusading about how O.J's. is still guilty and should be jailed. It just doesn't matter anymore. Its time to just let it go. ALL OF YOU, Horn included.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Interesting information - I think even if Meier is a hoax, it is still an amazing phenomenon that a one armed swiss man could bring so much media attention over the past 30+ years to himself and groups related to his case. Even as a hoax, his photos, videos, writings, etc. inspire thought in those who come across it, and I think, were it a hoax, this was Meier's intention - to provide a tangible idea to those who may never consider such an outlandish idea... I'm not sure if Billy Meier has had encounters like the ones he has described, but some of those photos seem awfully hard to reproduce

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ha, as south park puts it "Uncle, *****" What a way to make money. I think i should hoax some thing like this and sell books and have hoards of people follow me. And i agree with the above comment that billy's loss of his arm has indeed changed his ability to perceive reality. People go in to deep shocks and mental destabilization when some thing physically affects them. Such as scars of face lost of limbs etc. They go in to this depression mode and hope to gain attention from their fully intact peers. Sorry for being too cruel on this may God help Billy.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by derekcbart

The Center for Inquiry-Los Angeles is the West Coast home to the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry (CSI), publisher of Skeptical Inquirer magazine. Visit our website at www.cfiwest.org... or call (323) 666-9797

So you are a professional skeptic Mr. Derek ? If I may ask what are you doing here
wasting your time with the nonsense of UFOS and ET's ? I only see in your message
a promotion ala spam to visit your websites, nothing relevant so why would I also
waste my time visiting those skeptic websites ?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Nice one Derek. I see you say on the website that you won't be publishing Horn's emails anymore. Probably a good thing because he does get a bit tedious.

I've had the displeasure of an email debate with him in the past and the guy just won't stop.

Ignore the knockers, I think people like you and Jeff do a great job exposing these fakers.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
So you are a professional skeptic Mr. Derek ? If I may ask what are you doing here
wasting your time with the nonsense of UFOS and ET's ? I only see in your message
a promotion ala spam to visit your websites, nothing relevant so why would I also
waste my time visiting those skeptic websites ?

Hello Free Spirit.

Professional Skeptic? Not really. The IIG is an all-volunteer organization devoted to examining fringe science, paranormal, and extraordinary claims. Please do not confuse "skeptic" with "cynic". A skeptic comes to a conclusion based on an examination of the evidence. A cynic comes to a conclusion without any attempt of an examination.

The IIG is affiliated with the Center For Inquiry and the Executive Director of CFI is the Chair of the IIG Steering Committee.

If this was the only topic I ever posted on ATS then you might be justified in thinking that this was spam, but if you examine the various UFO threads (specifically the Billy Meier threads) you will see that I have been an active member of ATS since 2004. It is also due to the assistance of many ATS members that I have been able to locate the truth of many of the various Meier claims.

Thank you.

-Derek

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Not clear enough Mr. Derek. Therefore I would like to ask you again sir if I may.

Do you belive Mr. Derek that UFOS are fact ? Is the UFO Phenomena a reality ?

I would like a straight answer if you please. I'm a professional UFO researcher or
ufologist if you liike since the 70's and I declare here my position: UFOS are Real.
More than 60 years of this phenomena confirm this fact.

So now please be so kind to tell me Mr. Derek, do you belive UFOS are Real?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

dont mean to bud in.. I have been a researcher also.. for allmost 40 years.. there is no doubt that ufos are real.. but what they are.. and where they come from.. who is controlling them.. nobody knows..

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
Not clear enough Mr. Derek. Therefore I would like to ask you again sir if I may.

Do you belive Mr. Derek that UFOS are fact ? Is the UFO Phenomena a reality ?

I would like a straight answer if you please. I'm a professional UFO researcher or
ufologist if you liike since the 70's and I declare here my position: UFOS are Real.
More than 60 years of this phenomena confirm this fact.

So now please be so kind to tell me Mr. Derek, do you belive UFOS are Real?

If by UFO you mean Unidentified Flying Objects, then yes. There are objects flying in the sky which are unidentified. If by UFO you mean extra-terrestrial or crypto-terrestrial flying craft, then no. There is no evidence to date (that I am aware of) that can conclusively answer that hypothesis.

I think it is important to not use the word "belief" when discussing this subject. Belief is not relevant. Evidence is what is important and it is examining the evidence which will ultimately determine the cause and nature of what is happening.

Personally, I hope that there is life on other worlds. The universe would be very lonely if we were all that there was. However, to date, I have not been made aware of any evidence that supports the hypothesis that life on other worlds has ever visited this world. I want there to be contact with other civilizations, but my wants cannot influence how the evidence is examined.

I hope this answers your question.

-Derek

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join