It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MORE Palin email insanity??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Ya know, I tried to let this go and not get sucked into a crap fest, but I really can't help but point out that copying a non-government email address on official internal business is very likely I-L-L-E-G-A-L. You know what that word is, since I believe you have stated that you were previously in law enforcement. Let's try what you said, but make a couple changes....

"I for one could give two poops about somebody smoking a joint in the privacy of their own home....and anyone who does makes no sence. What a life...Hi I am a human being that happened to be born into a “free society” and now that I am I will have no choice as to what kind of poisons I put into my body, only government approved poisons....yeah OK...yet more people making laws based on racism and greed!!!"

I guess in your eyes there are varying forms of "illegal", depending on the perps social status and whether or not you approve of their actions personally.

Why is it people who bitch, piss and moan about something so trivial ALWAYS have to make comparisons that ARE NOT even close to the topic at hand. This is her HUSBAND. Not just some lover, date, or guy she knows. You are smart enough to know even if the "email" thing is stopped she then goes home and just talks to him about the situation anyway...so I don't get why your being so anal over an email to her HUSBAND!!!

Also to correct you I am CURRENT law enforcement....and working in public service and dealing with the scum polititians and politcs DAILY...I would, as I said before, much rather see an elected official talking to their spouse about things going on then some elected scumbag who wants to make others fail, gain from the desicion, or is just plain stupid. Atleast a spouse, I HOPE, wouldn't stear their spouse in a bad way.....

Bottom line is...this is all about an email being shared with a husband...and just because your an obumble fan you will jump on the BLOW EVERYTHING OUT OF PROPORTION bandwagon and try to make something out of nothing. Oh and before you freak out...I don't support either candidate or their VP choices...obviously you do..and we know who!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
Why is it people who bitch, piss and moan about something so trivial ALWAYS have to make comparisons that ARE NOT even close to the topic at hand.

The comparison had to do with both actions being generally harmless, but illegal.

This is her HUSBAND. Not just some lover, date, or guy she knows. You are smart enough to know even if the "email" thing is stopped she then goes home and just talks to him about the situation anyway...so I don't get why your being so anal over an email to her HUSBAND!!!

Dude, go back and read the story a bit further, you obviously haven't.

CNN has seen thousands of e-mails released this year from the governor's office that show that Todd Palin was copied on hundreds of them. The topics of the e-mails ranged from public criticism of Sarah Palin to her meetings with corporate leaders.

Not "an email" by quite a long shot. Todd Palin, the oil-worker/snowmobile racer was NOT elected by the people of Alaska. He has no business being copied on HUNDREDS of official government emails. Again, that is most likely illegal. You know, meaning their are laws against it. Laws are something you are sworn to uphold, regardless who somebody breaks the law with. Why is the fact that he is her husband make the law not apply to them??

And what about Todd Palin REFUSING to comply with a court subpoena?? Isn't that also illegal, and can be grounds for an arrest warrant?

Edit: Aside from the fact that Palin is in some possible trouble for her conduct when trying to get her ex-brother in law fired, I can see why they disliked the guy. Tazing his stepson becasue "he asked him to", what an idiot. But again, the law is supposed to be upheld fairly and evenly, regardless if you agree with it personally, right?

Atleast a spouse, I HOPE, wouldn't stear their spouse in a bad way.....

It doesn't matter though, there are PLENTY of laws that don't make sense. But you have to do your job and let the judge decide, why should this be different?

and just because your an obumble fan

You are saying, definitively, that I'm a fan of Obama based on what exactly? Pure assumption. There are MANY things I don't like about Obama's platform. I am against his gun control stance, I love my AK-47, which he singled out in his acceptance speech, that REALLY pissed me off. I realize it was mostly a play on words and meant fully auto, but still I am very right leaning when it comes to guns. Same with the death penalty, which I believe should be expedited in clear cut cases of murder, violent rape, and sexual abuse of children. Hardly a "liberal" view. But on issues like reproductive freedoms, the rights of gay people to marry (or at least an equivalent of marriage so they can have the same rights), the environment, and a few other things, I am left leaning. I know you don't care to hear all that, but I will not allow you to try and categorize me without any idea who I am.

Oh and before you freak out...I don't support either candidate or their VP choices...obviously you do..and we know who!

Well, I don't "support" either candidate or their VP's either. However, since that is usually the case, I do tend to vote for the side that I feel looks out for ME and MY family's interests (or at least pretends to) the most, and since I'm not rich, the dems are the lesser of the two evils in my eyes. I'm one of the few people on this board that have actually voted FOR McCain. I liked the man he used to be. The ONLY person I personally can't stand is Palin. I detest the kind of vindictive, hypocritical, judgemental, holier than thou head of the PTA that was suddenly thrust into a real position of power as a political stunt that I feel she is.

This year, once I again, I won't be voting FOR somebody, I'll be voting AGAINST somebody.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by 27jd]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Who cares if she sent them to her husband... WHY WAS SHE USING A YAHOO ACCOUNT TO GET PAST TRANSPARANCY LAWS!?!?!

THAT is the big question here. Once she has control of the country, what else is she going to try to hide?!?!

Please someone answer me that question!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I knew that was going to be the end of this thread

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Oh, I thought that was a rhetorical question, lol. I care if she sent them to her husband, because that's just wrong, not to mention not legal. She was copying her husband on hundreds of real time government emails, not just forwarding emails asking for advice between them. I think alot of folks here just can't comprehend that. Those who work in office settings know what I mean though, anyway, my threads die rather quickly, lol. Prolly because I set them up to be as non-partisan as possible, and that just doesn't get much attention around election time. People love the drama, not the information.

<< 1   >>

join