It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Discuss Conditions on and Surrounding the Sun

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Maybe the sun is getting ready to go supernova and solve everyones problem. No one really knows for sure how old the sun or Earth is. They give the best guess they can and that is it. They could have guessed really bad. Any way you look at it something really big is going to happen soon and I have a feeling it will change everything forever.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Perhaps they will admit to the electric universe theory... and explain how sunspots exist because the son isnt burning from the inside out but from the the outside in.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Article on a potential little iceage at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution.

www.whoi.edu...

Apparently the Ice Age thing may be controversial but it is definately not considered crackpot.

This sun thing is predictable, and cycles are normal, according to the source of the theory. So a supernova is not a requirement. It is not some sudden apocalyptic instability, just a cycle based upon the motion of the solar system.

I don't know anything about the electric sun theory, but I guarantee we know very little about reality. When the scientists are in agreement for 1000 years, with no significant changes in outlook, we will be half way to understanding the universe.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Reread this.

one interesting affect of the solar wind is that it strengthens the earths magnetosphere-the shield we have against dangerous radiation

Except sunlight hitting the earth would increase more then other forms of solar radiation if the earths magnetosphere decreases as the larger amount of light photons would pass through the magnetosphere because of there very low electrical charge

A recent experiment has shown, that the upper bound for the photon charge is somewhere around 10^[-46] times the charge of an electron.

This means that sunlight would pass through the weakened magnetosphere easier then higher charged form of radiation.

Increased photon radiation = increased light = increased heat = global warning.

NASA JUST PROVED THAT GLOBAL WARMING IS NOT CAUSED BY MAN.
IT IS CAUSED BY INCREASED PHOTON RADIATION HITTING THE EARTH FROM THE SUN DUE TO A WEAKENED MAGNETOSPERE.

The scientists have been relying on there solar SOHO satellite to measure solar output.
www.windows.ucar.edu...=/space_missions/soho.html&edu=high
This is why the solar research satellite does not show a increased solar output.
Because it is outside the earth's magnetosphere the solar light level reading are not affected.
Because the weakening of the magnetosphere letting more photons through is the cause. Increased solar input.

Anyone out there too dumb to understand that should not be claiming global warming is caused by man.
Because you don't understand the laws of science is not a excuse to let others use the laws to manipulate you.

You have to look outside the Box

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

That is an extremely interesting bit of research you have provided.

According to the Woods Hole article you can have an ice age and global warming.

They are not exclusive, the iceage is related to the northern hemisphere and has no relationship to the average temperature of the planet. Meaning the southern hemisphere can warm and offset the northern drop in temperature.

During the last iceage the edge of the glaciers was somewhere through New Jersey and Pennsylvania. The glaciers were several miles high.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The Maunder minimum may have been the previous era of low activity on the Sun that may be comparable to what is happening, this was between 1645 and 1715, around the same time as the little ice age.

Only 12 months or so we were hearing of a coming super solar storm for 2011 -2012 perhaps comparable to the 1859 event, I wonder if this is still under consideration, perhaps it is the calm before the storm or perhaps they don't really know what they're talking about.

Also for a couple of days in may 99 the solar wind practically came to a halt, what occurred was an effect termed a polar rain with electrons flowing freely along the birkeland currents and "raining" in at the poles, aurora was observed over the north pole and the Earths plasma sheath (magnetosphere) grew to five or six times in size!

Imagine what a prolonged stall might do, We are connected electrically in a sense to the ionosphere, the resonance correlates with that of human brain wave rhythms and has been shown to drive certain biological processes.
If the pattern changes so does all of life.

New Discoveries are Confirming Electric Sun Theory

[edit on 21-9-2008 by squiz]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Ice Age, or Global Warming?? NASA better get in gear to find a new crib. Will the sun cool down, or turn into a Red Giant? They'd better get this one right.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I have a question for anyone who can answer it. We are told that the sun is one big furnace, or ball of fire, right? To be able to have fire, how does the sun create the oxygen to do this? I have never been able to understand that part of it.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

No not fire, plasma.
Sorry for the short answer, see the link in my post above for how the Sun really works, or a model that is true enough.
A sustained contained nuclear furnace my #$$.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by squiz

Yes, that is why I asked that question. I didn`t believe it one bit when I first read about it in school. I just wanted to see the many made up stories about this.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Well the Sun is acknowledged as plasma in standard solar theory, so I'm not sure what book you were reading. However there are many made up stories in the standard theory as an attempt to account for the many anomalies the theory simply cannot explain.
In the beginning when man sat around the camp fire with the tribe the sun was considered as a fire in the sky or the divine. In the age of Newton it was considered a ball of gas being held by gravity, with the nuclear age, well guess what? it's considered to be nuclear powered. See the common thread here.
We truly are in the dark ages of cosmology. Common sense and a return to real science is shining on the horizon though, but since the current paradigm has built it's walls around itself with archaic theories, truth can only come from outside those walls.
keep that questioning mind.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Are you referring to the birth of a new planet?
This is a wild theory circling the web quite some time.
Cant believe that, even if it where true!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Ok, maybe I am missing the boat on this, I am not an expert by any means. Even if it IS plasma, to create any fire or heat, isn`t oxygen needed in the process? And if so, where would the oxygen come from?

Ok, I just did some reading on this. So then by what it says, the heat we are able to record given off by the sun, is not the plasma itself, but the energy given off BY the plasma. Kind of like the heat given off by a light bulb, beings there is no oxygen in the bulb to create the heat. It is the heat of pure energy, or light.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
27 September, will be celebrated as Central Sun Day...

the 'Central Sun' is not our solar sun...
Central Sun is the Galactic center central sun...as celebrated by some members of the global community.

FYI

oh, the instruments which have been giving us data on Sol itself
will give us valuable info concerning the cult idea that the central sun cycle of blasting parts of the MilkyWay with a gamma-ray burst is about to happen again. it would be nice for the spacecraft to survive and continue sending space measurements

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Jep I knew about the solar system aligning with the center of the galaxy.
And I totally agree with you on your reply!

For those who don't know.
The solar system is moving up and down trough the disc's center of our galaxy. Now we are close to the middle where energy levels are higher.
And its believed we reach the middle around 2012. Jep there it is again the year 2012 not kidding. I think it will be a good thing no Armageddon but a new beginning of some sort!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Jep I knew about the solar system aligning with the center of the galaxy.
And I totally agree with you on your reply!

For those who don't know.
The solar system is moving up and down trough the disc's center of our galaxy. Now we are close to the middle where energy levels are higher.
And its believed we reach the middle around 2012. Jep there it is again the year 2012 not kidding. I think it will be a good thing no Armageddon but a new beginning of some sort!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

Has anyone stopped to think PlanetX (Nibiru) has something to do with this, as well as "global warming" ? These politicians are fulla #e and they know damn well what is coming...now, its time for us to do our homework - briley4242@yahoo.com

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson
here is some interesting facts...

December 13, 2004 ‘Ultrasound’ May Explain Solar Weather Mystery

Astronomers have identified ultrasoundlike waves in our sun’s atmosphere that could explain some strange aspects of solar weather. An analysis of data from NASA’s TRACE spacecraft published in the current issue of Astrophysical Journal Letters suggests that the waves could be responsible for the star’s unexplained extra heat.The surface of the sun reaches a blistering 6,000 degrees Celsius. The chromosphere, or middle solar atmosphere, is even more scorching at 100,000 degrees Celsius, whereas the solar corona is the hottest part of all, with temperatures nearing a million degrees Celsius. Just what causes these wide discrepancies in temperature has intrigued researchers for decades. Craig DeForest of the Southwest Research Institute and his colleagues analyzed data from the TRACE ultraviolet telescope and found evidence of waves with a frequency of 100 millihertz, which corresponds to a sound 300 times deeper than the lowest noise audible to the human ear. “These ripples seem to be carrying about one kilowatt of power per square meter on the surface of the sun,” says DeForest. “That is similar to the sonic energy you might find coming out of the speakers at a rock concert. “The researchers did not get a very detailed look at the waves, because they are close to TRACE’s detection limit. They expect that future instruments will allow them to investigate the waves more fully. “By examining these waves more closely, we should be able to discern the source of energy release in the solar atmosphere, just like you can tell by listening whether the car is running in a dark garage,” says DeForest. “In both cases, something is releasing energy into the environment, and that release has a recognizable sonic signature.” — Sarah Graham

Now, in a letter published on December 10th in Astrophysical Journal Letters, researchers report that the Sun's atmosphere is filled with ultrasound-like waves at a frequency of about 100 millihertz - every ten seconds. "At 10-second period, these waves qualify as ultrasound because individual atoms on the Sun experience only a few collisions during the brief passage of each wave, just as with ultrasound here on Earth," says Dr. Craig DeForest, a senior research scientist in the SwRI Space Science and Engineering Division. DeForest found the signature in data collected in January 2003 in the TRACE program.

www.space.com...

so it is possible to manipulate the parameters of the sun with ultrasound that is hard to detect with current technology.

thus it also possible by those who have the capability to ,to control the output of the sun(hotter or colder) with ultrasound we find hard to detect without creating technology designed just for that purpose.

and we have ultrasound waves permeating the sun in regular intervals of ten seconds.....kinda regular isnt it?.

ive heard reports that the solar system as a whole has been heating up in a way that cannot be explained,not just earth,could this be artificial induced by ultra sound solar manipulation?

A star for this find!

This discovery is certainly good news and deserves further attention from science.

If science and technology develops enough while we are still interested in space exploration as species and we have already researched feasible theories for long distance space travel by bending space and time and we find ourselves with the only obstacle being harnessing tremendous amounts of energy in space to achieve this, then the Sun might posses a valuable secret and the mechanisms in the form of something we can understand and manipulate (sound waves) for extracting or duplicating from this source large amounts of energy to research and develop our own mechanisms of faster than light travel.
Even Instead of the LHC we could have the SPC (Sun Particles Collider) for pioneering research about the fabric of space and time.

This idea would not take longer than 100 years to be feasible if enough focus is directed at it. It could be the kickstart we need for us for later developing autonomous technologies for creating and harnessing large concentrations of energy without the need for external physical sources, though only with an external power and natural source like the Sun is, we could be able to research such methods and theories.

We should study how the Sun is doing it!

[edit on 21-9-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
... not to veer off topic but my first thought is, they don't even use the right theory to explain the sun how exactly does that make any amount of math done using quite possibly invalid or WRONG theories regarding the safety of certain experiments valid?

Honestly this is why we need a massive space initiative... Some experiments we shouldn't be doing on the only planet we live on. Not to mention a massive gamma burst could cause all kinds of fun for those of us who live and die by nonhardened electronics.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
We always have the Armageddon team to back us up…

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join