It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Discuss Conditions on and Surrounding the Sun

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The last time this happened there was a two hundred year period known as "The Little Ice Age".

The Little Ice Age Now!

The little Ice Age

Solar Modulation of the Little Ice Age

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

people please, get off the black-hole wagon while you can...everytime I read a scientific post in here, that has the term "black hole" as part of their reasoning, I immediately stop and move to the next one. Don't take everything you've been told to be absolute. Expand your horizons. Read www.thunderbolts.info. Please people

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

And you got your Doctorate in Astrophysics where?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
How does someone mentioning a black hole merit derailing a thread about solar winds causing an ice age?

How about we get back on the subject here. This thread may be about the most significant event in your life. The governments may tax people for not polluting enough in the near future. Dirty burning coal may be a prized fuel source, and people jailed for filtering the smoke!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

From the idea that the super massive black hole at the center of the galaxy might be a cause. Have you read this thread?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

"May be the cause" is irrelevant to the reality.

Unless we are going to be sucked into the black hole at any moment, it is inconsequential to the events and their impact.

Maybe the sun is reacting to SETI transmissions, or prayer.
Maybe black holes should have their own thread, maybe they do.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hi There,

SideWynder:

...y'all should know by now that the SUN has absolutely no influence on the Earth whatsoever at all!!!

What an incredibly daft statement! I had to read this poster's post twice to discern if it contained any credibility at all behind its incomparable ignorance. Earth's climate is directly linked to the suns's output. The earth's positional orbit and distance from the sun is equally a criterion of immense importance, especially for all life forms.
Think of it this way. The closer one gets to a blazing coal fire, the warmer one is, the further away, the colder one is. The hotter the coal fire burns the warmer the climate in the room, and should the fire become small or even go out, the room goes cold. It's that simple.

With the sun, the interconnecting variables that affect each other are somewhat more complicated than a coal fire. Radiation from the sun which the earth receives drives many of the earths climate mechanisms. Indications are that the earth may experience a temporary lessening in solar output, and it is the length of 'temporary' that bears an important value to earth's climate.
Adjustments may be small, but the scale on which they will happen will make the effects seem amplified. A degree or two less in solar output, could on a planet's scale, mechanize a mini ice-age. Equally, atmospheric effects may cause detrimental effects for life on earth.

Earth's ability to host life in all its diversity is based on a consistent stability within a narrow band of interconnected variables. If one or more of those variables should weaken or disappear, that 'hole' has to be filled by some other mechanism; such an adjustment may not be beneficial to many life forms, including ourselves. However, we are quite an adaptable organism, so as long as we are able to maintain minimal environmental requirements for life to continue, we should survive.

The earth's climate has (and is) changing, and it isn't simply down to man's output of waste products. In fact, I would say rather than man causing climate change to occur...he hasn't, but he has contributed to it on a effective scale over many years since the beginning of the industrial revolution some 300 years ago. His contribution has been small, but significant enough to accumulate incrementally over the years to eventually help tip the scales of stability with other natural processes by which climate mechanisms operate. Any lessening in solar output upon the earth holds a far greater significance and impact. When we speak of climate change (which is a daily reality) we have to factor in many of the variables that contribute to the change...those that weaken or disappear, and those that take their place.

The most significant aspect of climate change, however, is the scale and the speed at which it occurs. Changes occurring over a few weeks are far more damaging than those that take years to do so, because it does not allow us time to prepare or adapt quickly enough. These are the immediate concerns we should be looking at regarding climate change...the longer term issues can be tackled accordingly (that is to say, if we are able to tackle the concern at the scale at which it is occurring?).

[edit on 20/9/08 by elysiumfire]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

I came to the conclusion that it was sarcastic!

I would like the author to clarify, before we nail his hide to the barn door.
But I guess it's a little late for that.

Clearly it has been predicted for years that an ice age was coming due to the reduction of the solar winds. See the links to articles I provided earlier on this subject.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

He did confirm he was being sarcastic. I guess its just not a good idea through text.

Originally posted by SydeWinder
KingIchigo, That whole post of mine was steeped in "Sarcasm", I was just trying to get a few chuckles, if you go back and reread it with this in mind you may understand the point I was trying to make..But thank you for at least reading it....

I am looking forward to see what NASA has to say in thier briefing.OP. please keep up with this, and post more info when it comes out..Thank you..

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I was answering your question, not trying to validate the statement. But since you insist... It is completely ignorant, astrophysically speaking, to state that "unless we're getting sucked into it" that the super-massive (astronomers an astrophysists words for it, not mine) black hole in the center of our universe, which keeps stars in orbit around it from a distance of 100,000 light years, can not have any effect on our solar system, which is only 26,000 light years from the core. It seems ludicrous to think that news about the lack of solar winds would not include possible explanations as to why! But apparently, you have all the answers to everything, so we just might as well shut this site down, as well as the rest of the internet, and just have a blog that you write, oh wise one! If you're wonder where this came from, it's your attitude to open discussion, which is more than apparent from your posts!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
all blackholes, at least super massive ones, used to be stars.

kinda weird huh, our sun might someday become a black hole.

and we will finally have our Oneness .. literally, with all the matter of our solar system, planet, and all the people who have ever lived, all smushed together into a singularity in the center of that black hole which used to be the sun, lol.

then maybe it reaches critical levels of matter, and explodes outward, causing the creation of a new galaxy!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
How does someone mentioning a black hole merit derailing a thread about solar winds causing an ice age?

And for the record, the thread is about NASA's announcement that it is going to have a news conference about conditions on and surrounding the Sun, and nothing about an Ice Age!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I live in Arozona...

Mini ace age sounds rather nice

for me

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Cyberbian

I came to the conclusion that it was sarcastic!

Oh yes...how silly of me, it was rather humorous, he he!
Just what we need to lighten the place up dont'cha think? My mistake...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson
one interesting affect of the solar wind is that it strengthens the earths magnetosphere-the shield we have against dangerous radiation.
the solar wind does this by creating additional charge when the plamsa collides with the magnetosphere thus strengthning it.

thus this may be a factor in why the magnetosphere is so weak at the moment.

This is what I said in a thread several months back and I was riddickculed for it. I said the current chemtrail program is nothing but a scientific study to see if we can artificially shield the earth from the radiation that will increase exponentially from the sun. What? You thought they were drugging us or doing shady things, (I made a punny)...No it is an effort to try to keep our asses safe from the increasing radiation getting through.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by TH3ON3]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
We have been monitoring this for how many years now?

How old is the sun?

Big difference. Humans are a single frame in a 3 dvd set

If ya get what I mean...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
So NASA's satellite is telling us that the sun's energy is at a 50 year low.
What satellite went there 50 years ago to set the benchmark? I think
this world has deteriorated into press conferences and press releases
that come so frequently, 90% don't say much at all that's newsworthy.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

I first published this forecast by Dr. Landscheidt in 2003. However, with the
recent reported cooling of the Atlantic Ocean, and with the first reversed
sunspot of what may be the beginning of the next solar cycle, and with Russian
scientists predicting a new Little Ice Age, I thought it would be an appropriate
to give more credit to Dr. Landscheidt. He had been predicting this
scenario for years.

Here's what Dr. Landscheidt had to say:

New Little Ice Age by 2030!

The link to the article is in the chain above, You must have missed it!

This link is really a must read if you want to comment on the subject.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Which means we really don't know squat about it. Therefore it merits discussion.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
So NASA's satellite is telling us that the sun's energy is at a 50 year low.
What satellite went there 50 years ago to set the benchmark? I think
this world has deteriorated into press conferences and press releases
that come so frequently, 90% don't say much at all that's newsworthy.

Agreed, how did they come to that conclusion? That statement must be considered highly suspect.

It will be interesting to hear what NASA has to say on the subject.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join