It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Discuss Conditions on and Surrounding the Sun

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SideWynder

Awww heck, y'all should know by now that the SUN has absolutely no influence on the Earth whatsoever at all!!!

....the sun has no influence on the earth? i could have sworn to god that the sun keeps this planet alive...also if there is no sun umm....how would we live?
I dont think crops would grow without the sun and we'd have no weather so the air would get stagnant with all the pollution of cars...assuming someone lives in below zero cold

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Global warming always preceeds an ice age. The rearth will always heat up and then after a few hundres years it will shut down and the ice age follows. I think what is different this time is that mankind has affected the cycle and has made it come about more quickly and more unatural than has been before.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
this meeting wad 2 days ago.

what exactly did they say?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

no it was not held yet

WASHINGTON, Sept. 18 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- NASA will hold a media
teleconference Tuesday, Sept. 23, at 12:30 p.m. EDT

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So whats the worst that can happen from this?

Gamma radiation from the loss of the magnetosphere?

How would we all cope with a dramatic change?

Would people die across the planet from a lack of solar winds?

If we look at all the bad angles of this, maybe when NASA lies to us in the press conference, we will know the possible outcomes of what they are trying to tell us....

We have to expect them to lie...... Its a given...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

Gamma rays are very high energy. They penetrate the magnetosphere all the time. Our exposure to them would not change because of changes in the magnetosphere.

Other forms of radiation would get through more than usual though, but not enough to have serious effects on our population.

It would be a similar situation to a pole-shift (they are related anyhow), and I think apart from a few big headaches for satellite operators, the only noticeable affects will be some fantastic displays of the Aura Borealis/Australis.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by KingIchigo

KingIchigo, That whole post of mine was steeped in "Sarcasm", I was just trying to get a few chuckles, if you go back and reread it with this in mind you may understand the point I was trying to make..But thank you for at least reading it....

I am looking forward to see what NASA has to say in thier briefing.OP. please keep up with this, and post more info when it comes out..Thank you..

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hi

I believe that all that is happening is a natural event, it's only when the thought of doomsday coming with 2012 that is making some people begin to think conspiracy.

Allow me to explain how this natural event could work.

Now - 2012 our Solar System begins to align itself with the center of our Galaxy, as this happens, forces from within our Galaxy, start to push back, after all Solar winds are not exclusive to our Solar system now are they?

As the forces grow stronger and stronger, our Star begins to feel the effects and is overpowered by the winds coming from a stronger force, almost like a tug of war but in reverse, meaning the stronger team who can push hardest will win.

So we have all the forces being pushed from the Galactic center, against our Star, and as the alignment becomes more and more centered, the stronger the push on our own solar winds, and the effect on the Sun.

I think this can also be leading up to the polar shift, just like any Electric motor, change the wiring around, the motor will run the opposite way.

I am not telling anyone that this is truth, however as CreeWolf in their Wisdom has already said,

I see this as nothing but a progression to a different part of a natural cycle. Nobody has proof otherwise. Say, this is a 500 year pattern. Did we have the instruments and knowledge we have now--500 years ago? No. Science is never as smart as it thinks it is....

Some people just like to scare the living daylights out of others, and feed of their fear, when all along it is them who fear the most, they fear being alone and no longer in control of other peoples fears and nightmares.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SideWynder

Yes SideWynder, as soon as the conference closes I will be posting any and all relevant links to this thread. There is supposed to be a site with streaming audio and another site with visuals.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
You guys fail to see that our solar system is moving into the Galatic plane.

Just like our full moon there will be a extremely low tide (our sun currently) on the same day, and there will be a extremely high tide at night (possibly 1212).

The direction our sun is getting pull from the center plane could be away from the earth at this point that is the reason for the inactivity, but when the day come when the pull points directly at earth we would be in for a real treat. Reason being is because we are so close to the galactic plane that we are expericing exteme opposite conditions.

It's common sense.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by amfirst]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I've always thought that these NASA telecasts always promoted boring news, you guys get all hyped up with "the world is ending" scenarios and then NASA states something boring like "Star Masa 4 gives galactic fart". I couldn't really give a toss about NASA news but I actually think this one might be a little worrying... well for our kids anyways

Although periods of inactivity are normal for the sun, this current period has gone on much longer than usual and scientists are starting to worry—at least a little bit.

More worrying sun news

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
We are already entering an ice age. I have a feeling it's going to be a very cold winter.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I love seeing people that feel they are informed telling us that the only effect of this is better northern lights shows...

Personally though I'll stick with the farmers on this one... The sun is a MAJOR driver of solar system wide planetary surface temperatures...

But see if you're a corrupt and elite centered power structure the old create a problem, direct the reaction thing comes into play and what better way to get people to accept reduced living standards etc than to say there's a crisis and we all need to sacrifice knowing full well that events coming will make your ineffectual but expensive measures seem to have worked?

Helpful hint when it comes to the earth and what it's doing and why... trust the multi generational family farmers they have knowledge pools that span centuries sometimes and their continued financial health depends on them getting things right. These people never believed in global warming from c02 emissions because they know that c02 releases take 800 years to cycle into noticeable climactic changes.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Could someone explain the difference between the effects of solar sunspots vx. solar flares? I have been informed that the solar flares are like going crazy. It worried NASA, so they sent a ship to the sun. They had reported some time ago, that an object 10x the size of saturn was incoming, then someone shut that person up. It is ostensibly a low level star, our twin. We do live in an electrical universe, and there is now a good book out on it, I don't recall the name. Just like atoms, stars are rarely single, according to an astronomer I heard. Most stars have a twin, including ours, now dubbed 'Nemesis'. This so called tenth planet, or Planet X, is supposedly one of the planets orbiting this renegade star. It is on a 3,600 year orbit, and the ancients knew and wrote about it. And, that Planet X is supposed to be inhabited with 'intelligent' life; the Anachim, or demons. I don't pretend to know if any of this is true, but this is what I found by looking on the web. And like a jigsaw puzzle, some pieces fit, and create a gestalt.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
... there are alot of people out there that really hate the electric universe theory.. Personally it's got my vote for least stupid theory so far but hey I'm not a phd in the rarified atmosphere of academia nuts.

as to Nemesis nibiru and etc... who knows since the Powers that Be seem to be playing a game of spend it before you can't right now I'm tending to wonder myself if something is coming that makes it all moot.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

as you know man for many years have been destroying Ozone layer and now man is destroying the Sun with thier pollution, if people stop going outside we could stop the destuction of the Sun, further more, I also believe that The Bush administration have been pulliting the Sun by looking at the sun, and by wasting millions of dollars, I believe President Bush is responsible of the destruction of the sun.

You heard it from the horse mouth.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yeah, we are going through changes and something big is brewin. Just look at all these hurricanes and earthquakes ect.., I know this stuff happens but it is happening so much more frequently and more and more devastating.

Just like we rotate around our sun, creating seasons, our solar system rotates around the center of the milky way, I think it would be follish to assume that this would not also create "seasons" or cycles. We are cycling and its affects are showing. I am curious now how our solar systems path around the milky way looks, are we getting closer or further from the center? What was the position like in the past Ice Ages and so forth?

S&F

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jwstarry

no it was not held yet

WASHINGTON, Sept. 18 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- NASA will hold a media
teleconference Tuesday, Sept. 23, at 12:30 p.m. EDT

oh ok my bad i am on the short bus today.

thanks for the info

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper
Yeah, we are going through changes and something big is brewin. Just look at all these hurricanes and earthquakes ect.., I know this stuff happens but it is happening so much more frequently and more and more devastating.

Just like we rotate around our sun, creating seasons, our solar system rotates around the center of the milky way, I think it would be follish to assume that this would not also create "seasons" or cycles. We are cycling and its affects are showing. I am curious now how our solar systems path around the milky way looks, are we getting closer or further from the center? What was the position like in the past Ice Ages and so forth?

S&F

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Sheeper]

not changing the subject.
but wasn't a black hole found int he center of the milky way a short time ago.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Not just a black hole, a super-massive black hole.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join