It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save the Country :: Eat a Republican (c)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Do we need more proof? The current administration has steered this country right into the ditch. We're witnessing a nearly unprecedented melt-down of the economy. I say NEARLY unprecedented because there was, of course, the stock market crash of 1929 followed by the Great Depression. Coincidentally (or not), the Republicans were minding the store during that calamity as well.

Only a couple months ago the President was saying that the economy was 'sound'. Today he's saying we must 'act now' to save the economy. How about acting BEFORE the damage was done, huh? Just the other day on GMA John McCain said that CEOs that deceived the country as to the condition of their companies should be 'investigated and jailed'. Well, for what's left of my money I say what's good for the goose...

Now, the usual suspects will come out in defense of the Republicans. Of course if a Republican was molesting their child these same people would likely volunteer to hold his coat. The fact of the matter is the Administration was asleep at the wheel. Oh yea, there will be fingering pointing at Congress and Democrats and Liberals and 'The Left' and anybody else that they can find in order to deflect responsibility. But it is what it is. Or in the words of Robert DiNiro, 'This is this. This isn't something else. This is this.'

Ultimately we're to blame. Ostensibly, we were the ones who put these buffoons in office. Twice! And rest assured, as usual, WE will be the ones who pick-up the tab.

So people, in the interest of saving the country, if not the world, do your part and 'eat a Republican'. The less of them around the less likely we'll be subjected to anymore of these colossal cluster-flukes.

I am NOT a Democrat and I am NOT an Obama supporter and I approve the hell out of this message...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Congratulations!

You've provided no information to back up your claims. You have given no proof that Republicans, or specifically Bush have anything to do with the current situation.

All you have done is come here and run your mouth and sound like an ignorant, hate filled buffoon.

Your broad, sweeping generalizations about Republicans offend me. Especially the remark about "holding the coat".

So again. Congratulations. On nothing.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yup, Democrats are totally blameless and in fact are more likely the victims in this entire thing. After all they only control Congress and are absolutely powerless to do anything since George Bush runs the entire country all by himself, right?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Yeah trust me on this.. The current administration was not responsible for the dealings on Wall Street. The bailout decision however is questionable. I personally think the candidate need to step up to the plate and tell the country the truth... And that is we are going to have tough times ahead, we need to tighten the belt and get lean.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Hell no. But Democrats have only controlled Congress for a bit less than two years. And I didn't say 'Eat GWB', did I? No substance there. The buck stops with the POTUS. The advisors, cabinet and appointees are emplaced by the party in-power. By his own words the economy was 'sound' just a couple months ago. Yet today... So are we to believe the problem just jumped out from behind a tree in the last 60 days? Where was the oversight? Where was the leadership? Where was the stewardship?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Pass the ketchup. The dems are not blameless either. I'd like to see the whole lot of them shipped to Siberia en masse for hard labor.
Except Kucinich. I like that little fellow.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I like how the finger pointing starts. But I have to agree with the OP, pass the ketchup.

But I think we all have to realize something, everyone in the US is participating in a evil system. Your thoughts are pre-determined by the society that made you. There is no side, just fear and hatred.

LOOK AT YOU GUYS. Pathetic childish squabbling .

[edit on 19-9-2008 by '___'eed]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

1st let me say that my post was meant as sarcasm, 2nd, I don't believe Congress or the White house are blameless. This mess has been coming for a long time yet a lot of people both democrat and republican chose to mostly ignore it in the hopes that it would go away or fix itself.

Almost everyone here in the U.S. is going to feel the effects from this for a long time but I would much rather have people trying to work the problem instead of finger pointing. Unfortunately with this being an election year we are going to get rhetoric instead of solutions until next year IMO.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Actually, technically speaking (since I hate all the bail out BS) .. this administration has adverted the country from economic collapse.....

Tis the price we pay to keep our way of life..

I still hate it though.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Congress controls the budget, not the President.

When Congress tells the treasury to do something, they do it.. when the Fed gives out money, it's Congress that should be stopping it..

At least..

That's what the Constitution states..

Really is just a damn piece of paper you know..

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
yes, please...eat me

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I love that little w ditty the best Rocky. 'Just a damn piece of paper'. Defiance, arrogance, and elitism at its finest.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
ugh could you imagine what john mccain would taste like.... i dont know maybe grill up a leg some jack daniels sauce..... mmmm.... ; ]

yeah that was a pretty biased onesided hate filled post if i do say so myself

Peace and good eatin

Justice

new topics

top topics

join