It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTP Brings Federal Lawsuit to Stop Bailout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
WTP (We The People) Foundation (link) is a Constitutional issues as well as federal-income-tax-protester group. They filed a lawsuit not long ago regarding the right to petition for redress of grievances and five or six other issues such as the income tax and the Federal Reserve.

Now they have filed a lawsuit attempting to force a show-cause hearing and grant injunctions against bailouts. The lawsuit alleges that the actions of the government are ultra vires of its Constitutional limitations. Defendants include Ben Bernanke and Henry Paulson.

I for one agree that the bailouts are far above and beyond the Constitutional powers of the federal government, however the government has created a world in which such extraordinary powers are at times necessary and this was definitely one of those times. Without the bailout we would be in far worse shape, and the interest rate on those $85 billion is 11%, so it should generate some much needed revenue.

I know a lot of members here are opposed to the bailouts and a few are in favor. Regardless I'd like to hear what you think about the legality of the whole mess.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by EtSolveMundi]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
What blows my mind is that the banking industry has raped consumers with their fees and interest for years and amassed obscene profits as a result. Then, because of their unbridled greed, they blow it all and now we, the consumers, are going to be left holding the bill for their bailout. And when the smoke clears they'll just go back to raping the very people who bailed them out. What a great system. They can't lose and we can't win.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

We the people should be forcefully showing the World what happens when crooks, thieves, economic rapist and outright bastards commit treason against the people...

But the notion that to get change is to sit in front of a computer and think man, these guys deserve hard prison terms damnit .. and not to actually do something is well .. it shows we lost our spirit and deserve what we get.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Holy Moly!

Iused to know this WTP guy in the mid 90's when he was just starting out with constitutional lawsuits against the State of New York. It was just a NY group then, a different name....I can't remember it.

I can tell you this, the man is brilliant, and if he allegdes anything it is true, and if the judges he goes before are upholding our constitutional rights he wins. When he loses a case, it is because someone on a bench thumbed their noses at our constitution and us. His cases are always sound and his arguments only debatable with lies.

Thank you for re-introducing me to Robert Schulz. I had lost track of him myself, as I had left NY the year this group formed and knew nothing of it.

Anyone who cares about our Country should look at what he is doing, read some of his work, verify his claims (it's easy) and judge for yourself.

The Bailouts are aggregeous! They are a stick save and it will still come crashing down. AND WE WILL PAY FOR THIS!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

top topics

join