It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird star, might be a UFO on the night sky of california.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I posted about a UFO sighting a while back and a while after that i've noticed the weird light frequently on the night sky of california. It is the brightest and gives out a flicking light. It also changes colors and seems to be right there close to the atmosphere. Here are the closest posible co-ordinates i can give about this weird light. it is best viewed within this co-ordinates in between 3am and 6 am. also i'm from southern california in the central valley, so if you are from anywhere else, i don't know how i can help you with the co-ordinates. The star would be to the south east of the sky, from where i am it is quite isolated in the sky. If anyone wanting to look happens to catch it. Please give out any opinions about what you see. I'll try to take a picture or film it in the next couple of nights.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Judging from your saying that the star is in the south eastern part of the sky I think what you are seeing is the star Sirius and in the early morning, maybe the atmosphere might be playing with the light diffracting it into various colours, the humidity of the atmosphere at that time would help a lot.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Thank you for the answer
I will try to take pictures of it as soon as i get a camera. Yes i need to get one... This star you tell me about though. Does it change colors, or is it orange/red/blue looking. It just looks so close and bright and what bugs me about it the most. Is that it flicks very irratically almost as if it was swirling arround by millimeters in the sky. It probably doesn't make any sense unless you see it yourself though. So for now i'll stick with sirius

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Nevermind, you were probably right. I just saw a video of sirius online and it resembles the light i see very nicely. thank you for finally clearing that up for me. cheers to you

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ruishang

Sirius is one of the brightest star in the sky and it is the brightest early morning star in the east sky for this time of the year, and what I was saying was that atmospheric interference of the star light may cause the colour to change it is more like how the sun appears red at sunset and large when it is near the horizon during sunrise and sunset,

[edit on 19-9-2008 by peacejet]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
it is now 09/20/2008 and at 2350 hrs, and we just came in from outside where we saw a strange orange light similar to a fireball color slowly going across the sky in grover beach ca. it stopped and then turned back and stopped again going around in small circles.... then it went back again to where it had originally stopped and went around in small circles. then all of a sudden it dissapeared. What is it? I ruled out plane and a meteor or comet ..... could it be a satellite? I was thinking more along the lines of some type of UFO or military aircraft. Someone please let me know what you think. My friend who I am visiting also saw this strange light a couple days ago around sundown at the same location. Odd!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I had almost the exact same experience four years ago in covington, virginia. It was about 4 AM. I was actually able to take a picture but it only showed up as a red dot, which my friends proceeded to laugh at.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
in may this year I looked out towards Disney land between 3-5 am and I saw these "fireballs"
whats weird is that same night around the time I saw the fireballs like two or three there was a newspaper article about a man on the 5 high way who was going 80mph in the wrong direction. He wrecked into a car of teens killing the driver. what was he running from? oh the 5 freeway runs right next to Disney land.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ruishang

Central Valley, California. My friends and I (about 4) saw a ORANGE ball of light in the night sky. 10:44 pm, 10/14/08 looking North. The ball of light moved in odd patterns. Left and right, as well as up and down. It dimmed and grew brighter over about a 5 min. time period of watching. It then dimmed out and was gone.

new topics

top topics

join