It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tried to stall GIS' Iraq withdrawal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I found this news article very interesting.

I suppose the reader can make his/her own decision as to what this means.

My take is Obama is trying to manipulate the troops for political gain.

www.nypost.com...

WHILE campaigning in public for a speedy withdrawal of US troops from Iraq, Sen. Barack Obama has tried in private to persuade Iraqi leaders to delay an agreement on a draw-down of the American military presence.

According to Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari, Obama made his demand for delay a key theme of his discussions with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad in July.

Roper

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Well, if all that is true it seems since Obama is running on the platform that he has been against the Iraq war and wants to pull the troops out if he becomes president, he probably wants to be able to use it in the election and if Bush begins pulling the troops first it takes alot of wind out of Obama's sail I'd imagine. I don't care who brings the troops home, playing politics with the lives of our soldiers is not cool and makes me wonder if Obama cares as much about them as he says.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Edit: double post

[edit on 19-9-2008 by 27jd]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Source

Obama's national security spokeswoman Wendy Morigi said Taheri's article bore "as much resemblance to the truth as a McCain campaign commercial."

In fact, Obama had told the Iraqis that they should not rush through a "Strategic Framework Agreement" governing the future of US forces until after President George W. Bush leaves office, she said.

In the face of resistance from Bush, the Democrat has long said that any such agreement must be reviewed by the US Congress as it would tie a future administration's hands on Iraq.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Well, that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well I guess the Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari is a lair or the news paper is. I thought that news papers were to verify their stories?

Roper

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Personally, I think he just wants to wait until he is President so he can be the one leading the "victorious" troops out of Iraq.

Losing the war was a big issue for him. He can't let anyone else bring them out winners.

top topics

join