It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions almost never come true

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Don't you love when people predict certain events. Especially the end of the world, WW III or finally the death of their mother in laws.

But mosy predictions occur by observation of certain events over a long period of time. Also the more people predict things the more chances are that one will be right.

The above mentioned scenarios are men-made and only wished upon by a few mad-man that are sure to survive them.

I've read over the years many books that predict all the worst that can happen to us and this planet and realized that we come very close to all of them, but just before the climax, something happens all the time preventing the worst. Which I find is great.

So what I am trying to say is this. Conspiracies and their theories are also read by those high above in power which not always agree with their peers in their own ranks and KNOW when to stop them before they risk being dragged down by these certain mad-man.

For example, I was sure and closely followed the prediction that war will brake loose when oil hits $150. I think it stoped at $147 or so and since then it dropped down o the current level of $98 again. Phew, lucky us.

I beleive that there are people in power that also read conspiracy books and are there to make sure that the worst doesn't happen.

What do you think ? As crazy and absurd some of these theories and predictions are, as long we put them out there, someone is making sure they don't happen. Well, a fail safe system for us ? Hope it does work like that.

Good luck to you all.

P.S. this is my first thread and contribution since joining yesterda. English is not my mother language.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
btw. my mother in law just loves her aftnoon tea I make her daily since about a week. Just don't know when the desired effects finaly kick in.

(not do be taken seriously)

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Benarius

Here are just a few of the end of the world predictions that never came to fruition.

www.bible.ca...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Absolutely fantastic link. Will indulge in it for a while.

But what you think about me hinting at that there are forces that prevent the worst from happening. Maybe it's universal conciousness after all that prevents our fears to become true ?

Thanks for replying.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I would say that rather than there being fores that prevent these predictions happening, that in fact, the predictions were never going to happen.

I don't really think anyone has successfully predicted anything that definitely came true, like at random.

I mean i could say now that were are heading for darker days and alot of people will lost their homes and jobs... but that's kind of on the cards anyway.

I don't think anyone has been spot on with a prediction.

Maybe Bill cooper/alex jones with the 911 thing, but those in "the know" were predicting this kind of attack for a while..... not really predictions but more observations.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I very mildly disagree in the most friendliest way (lol) that you say those predictions never going to happen. As I mentioned in the inital post I beleive that through observation over a long period of time things can be predicted. And isn't it funny that these predictions are all bad. So basically we're drawing a "worst-case-scenario". And because we are aware of this we are actually able to prevent it as we ourself warn ourselfs. Know what I mean?

Thanks for you reply.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

"I don't really think anyone has successfully predicted anything that definitely came true, like at random.

I mean i could say now that were are heading for darker days and alot of people will lost their homes and jobs... but that's kind of on the cards anyway."

that's what i was saying.
Those are assumptions or educated guesses or whatever...perhaps predictions but not the kind which annoy the hell out of you.

I'm not saying nobody can predict anything...not at all, but it is the more unusual or BS ones that annoy me.

The world will end on --------

Massive UFO landings on --------- day

Nuclear war will destroy the earth on -------- day

You see?

So we didn't even mildy disagree

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Of course predictions rarely ever come true!

Why? Because we are individual co-creators of our reality. Every choice, every action, every thought has the power to transform tomorrow into something you've never even considered..

The seers and predict-ors often forget about the 'Wild Card' of personal choice and free will -- causing their predictions to crash abruptly into the null and void.

- Mea

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
So you think we're playing right into the fear-mongering hands ?

I am waiting for the day somebody predicts "World peace and enough food for everybody will happen on the 36th of Febcember 2034"

new topics

top topics

join