It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do the symbols mean?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Turns out there's only so many symbols to go around in this world, so they are used by more than one group to mean more than one thing.

Back in the days of the Cold War, I always thought it amusing to consider the irony of two superpowers squaring off for Armageddon, one side painting white pentagrams on their engines of war and the other painting red pentagrams on theirs. Throw in a little devil symbolism and you had quite a party.

Symbols do have meaning, and symbolism has always been extremely important to humans. Our minds are geared around symbols.

But context and intent are very important. A white pentagram painted on the side of an Abrams tank does not mean the same thing as a white pentagram painted on a frat house floor.

Reading more into symbols than is really there will drive you nuts.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
it's true the number 13 is represented throughout the dollar bill, but it has nothing to do with satan. the number 13 represents the original 13 american colonies. the eye above the pyramid is the eye of horus (also called the eye of ra, it is associated with the egyptian falcon god horus and the sun god ra). it's commonly used in ancient egyptian architecture and also happens to be a symbol of freemasonry. it is true satanists have also chosen a similar icon to represent satanism (their version is called the eye of satan), however this wasn't done until the mid 1970's. it is also used by some sects of christianity to represent the 'eye of god'. the latin transcription, "anuit copetis," above the pyramid translates to: "it (the eye of providence) is favorable to our undertakings," but the US state department translates it to "he (god) has favored our undertakings". the words themselves, annuit and coeptis, do not form the sentance. the eye underneath the words is the subject of the sentance that forms this translation. the word annuit is a third person verb meaning to favor, and coeptis means undertakings or endeavors. these words alone wouldnt make sense. therefore the eye itself is the subject of the sentance. ironically, this phrase is also commonly associated with freemasonry. the phrase "novus ordo seclorum' appears below the pyramid. this was originally the motto of freemasonry. it tranlates to "new order of ages", however freemasons commonly refer to it as the "new world order". this phrase is still used by present day masons. in fact most american presidents have been involved with freemasonry, including george bush sr. and jr., clinton, and ronald regan. they have all, suspicously, used the phrase "new world order" in their speeches.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
OK, check this out:

The all seeing eye is part and parcel of the following Corporations:

AOL, HBO, CBS, Time Warner Cable and Alcan. Also, the dollar bill, as stated, has the all seeing eye. Alcan: They are probably the largest aluminum manufacturer in the world. They operate in 56 countries and have about 73,000 employees. They are the guys making packages for Kit Kat candie bars, cigarettes, and, you guessed it, pharmaceuticals!

Now here is something odd. Today I was reading a business and marketing book and I was studying fiscal stuff for Pizza Hut. Guess who owns Pizza Hut, KFC and Taco Bell, among others? A company called, "Tricon Global Restaraunts." Well, I don't need to say much more about that company name, right?

Here is their profile:

www.business.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by freudling
OK, check this out:

The all seeing eye is part and parcel of the following Corporations:

AOL, HBO, CBS, Time Warner Cable and Alcan. Also, the dollar bill, as stated, has the all seeing eye. Alcan: They are probably the largest aluminum manufacturer in the world. They operate in 56 countries and have about 73,000 employees. They are the guys making packages for Kit Kat candie bars, cigarettes, and, you guessed it, pharmaceuticals!

Now here is something odd. Today I was reading a business and marketing book and I was studying fiscal stuff for Pizza Hut. Guess who owns Pizza Hut, KFC and Taco Bell, among others? A company called, "Tricon Global Restaraunts." Well, I don't need to say much more about that company name, right?

Here is their profile:

www.business.com...

maybe I'm dense, what is so nefarious about the name Tricon ?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Tricon appears to be derived from "Trilateral", which is a Freemason term and also, there is a group formally known as the Trilateral Commission, with some pretty heavy hitter members, said to be the illuminati.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
for what its worth, as of may 16, 2002, tricon global retaurants changed their name to Yum foods. I kid you not !

anyway, back to the original post, there are many symbols on the $1 dollar bill, have you checked out the owl ?

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by redalert
ordo novus seclorum = (order of the new world)

its exact latin translation is "a new order of the ages"

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by freudling
Tricon appears to be derived from "Trilateral", which is a Freemason term

According to Webster, the word "trilateral" first appeared in the 16th century to mean "three sides" or "three parties." To my memory, the word does not appear anywhere in Freemasonry, and is not a Masonic term.

and also, there is a group formally known as the Trilateral Commission, with some pretty heavy hitter members, said to be the illuminati.

The Trilateral Commission's website is located here:

www.trilateral.org...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join