It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m done with most poor people, and with Wal-Mart FOREVER!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sexysadie

Just freakin' wow.:shk:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I think you're confusing poor in character with monetarily poor. People who are poor in character are usually poor financially, but not everybody who is poor financially is poor in character. There are tons of very good, bright people who simply haven't chosen the pursuit of money as their goal in life. I might decide to join the police force. Starting salary for them where I live is between 45k and 63k a year. I've always considered that very good for starting pay. I'm only 21 years old, but if making less than 100k a year is considered poor these days, well that's just one more thing I have to be worried about for the future! I was recently researching a business school I might attend, and saw that the mean starting salary for graduates was $91,000 a year, and I thought "Holy crap! There's no way this is true...it has to be misstated." By your definition, though, these people are poor! You're pretty funny and I think you have some good points about certain types of people, but you're painting them with the wrong brush. Their income isn't the reason for the way they are, but the other way around.

If all apples were red, would that mean that all red things were apples?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the part when you said “You’re pretty funny and I think you have some good points about certain types of people”

I did say ‘Most poor people’ in my thread title. Which is a lot like what you said: “People who are poor in character are usually poor financially.” Still, you’re right, I broad brush, but sometimes I just like sounding like a jerk, it’s in me.

I do realize there are nice poor people, like; bag-ladies who feed pigeons and sleep on the steps of towering cathedrals, and really old people who need you to keep their oxygen machines going, various spiritual people, underprivileged kids all over the world, or certain educated (or not), people who live their lives a certain way to make the planet a better place. Oh yes, we have a list with names and addresses, all good deeds will be rewarded.

Mostly though, the poor people I’ve met are like giant weeds who choke out all of these genuinely nice people (the innocent budding flowers). These weeds don’t care what’s going on in the world, they only care about budging past you in the buffet line. They don’t care about truth in politics, or about the brave men and women who’ve paved the way to let them vote, and live the way they do. They hate who they’re told to hate, and will screw-over anyone for the smallest of profit. Think about all the dedicated souls who post on ATS trying to change the world, do you know who’s standing in their way? The weeds! The weeds will never become flowers.

It’s like I says to my pal Tom when his youngest, I think they call her Suri, was playing with my two year old at the COS meeting, I says “when the mothership comes all of this evil is going to burn like withered straw in a furnace.” He just smiled and turned away.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by sexysadie]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I only read the OP and I COMPLETELY relate to it. We got a brand new walmart about 4 years ago. It was great - clean, cheap, easy to get to. Then "they" started showing up. They are of no specific ethicity, class, etc..

We started to notice that They would take up the entire width of an aisle, seemingly oblivious to the traffic wanting to get through from both sides. They just keep walking and assume the person they're about to run into (me) will move out of the way (and I always do, because I'm not a jerk.) They leave garbage all around the store - especially hamburger wrappers and drink cups from the in-store McD's. The people at the checkouts are mostly rude and you can tell they hate their job - probably from having to put up with a daily freakshow. It got to a point where I stopped stepping out of the way for people that were coming at me. I stopped having patience for rude/depressed cashiers. I stopped shopping there. I could go on all day on the subject but since this isn't a WalMart rant...

Salvation came when a new Super Target opened up near us in the opposite direction. The prices are comparable, maybe a few cents higher, but it was WELL worth it for the indescribeably better experience. The people there are just like me - polite, mannered, bathed. The employees are always stopping what they're doing to say "hi" to our toddler. We're not treated like criminals upon leaving the store - no one checks the receipt to make sure you haven't stolen something.

It's all about class. It doesn't matter how much money you have, what color you are, or what country you're from. If someone wants to be selfish and oblivious to the concerns of other people then that's what they should get in return.

BTW, I grew up poor. I was still raised to act like a person.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by an0maly33]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join