It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you tube censoring

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

you tube censoring

you tube seem to be suspending peoples accounts that are spreading the truth
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
best ufo footage on you tube

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
my names johnny i live in the uk my you tube account channel is johnny24865622 there was a link on a post regarding the best ufo sites on you tube on ats but for some reason when u log on it says my accounts been suspended well i just want people to know u can still check out my site it just says its suspended because you tube keep suspending peoples sites that are spreading the truth on the ufo subject many top channel have been suspended or cut off totally

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Anybody know what the hell's happening with Disclose TV? I've been trying to connect for hours and there's nothing doing! What's going on - anyone know?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I watched a holocau$t denial video on you tube before, It was quite in depth with it's analysis and scientific experiments and that was removed, don't know why they would take a UFO video off the site

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
holocaust denial video on my site?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2486

No not on your site

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
i have some new footage of a ufo on 9-11-2001 just recently come to light how do i post the video so ats members can see it plz help

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

What format is it, where is it. Youtube/Google are accomodated here at ATS by clicking the links when you're composing the thread. If its not on either of those then you'll have to upload it to some webspace and link from there.

Though this is'nt really the section to ask about this

[edit on 19-9-2008 by StarTraveller]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Youtube apparently in their infinite wisdom is censoring alot of questionable content. They certainly have the right to censor what they want since they own the servers.. however because of this censorship... you will see their demise come swiftly in favor of service which impose no censorship. It goes against the grain of society, and I believe youtube will learn the lesson the hard way.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Microsoft IM Blocking Youtube Content

Seems they are getting help in blocking content.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_
Youtube apparently in their infinite wisdom is censoring alot of questionable content. They certainly have the right to censor what they want since they own the servers.. however because of this censorship... you will see their demise come swiftly in favor of service which impose no censorship. It goes against the grain of society, and I believe youtube will learn the lesson the hard way.

I personally think you are really wrong with your assesment.

Censorship might become the only basis upon which the internet is allowed to exist in the near future. In the old days, when goverments turned Fascist, they burnt books which did not meet their way of thinking.

But nowadays, many people don't read books anymore.. the Internet has taken over that function for a lot of society. And when you are part of a goverment based on deception and lies, having the thruth exposed on so popular a medium is a major no-no..

See how they are attacking the Internet even now, they even 'suspect' (incriminate without evidence) WoW to be a terrorist meeting ground ffs.

I truly hope I am over-reaching and coming to the wrong conclusions, because I love the Internet just because it is the only place where people still have free speech besides their bathroom..

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
i dont know how to link the thread i hAVE THE FOOTAGE ON MY YOU TUBE SITE JOHNNY24865622 IF ANY1 WANTS TO SEE NOW BEFORE IVE WORKED OUT HOW TO UPLOAD ON HERE SORRY PEOPLE

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phatcat

Well when the www became mainstream it was fair game for whatever anyone had to post, like the wild west. Which from my point of view is okay even though it has a downside. I will glad deal with the downside, my stripping people of free-speech, and freedom of expression is the digital equivalent to human right violation. (and maybe I'm over-reacting a bit) but that is sort of how I feel about it. It is happening at other sites as well as the clamps get tighter on the free-flow of information and idea. So how long do you expect ATS to be running? It's only a matter of time.

I wonder how this coming about??? Is it self-imposed moral standards driving the censorship? or has there been some legislation banning certain types of content?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Lets analyze the headline.

youtube seem to be suspending peoples accounts that are spreading the truth

youtube = one of many video publishing sites
seem = looks like
suspending = deleting
truth = popular opinion

I'd say, use your own homepage or another video publishing site or repost under new log in name.

Problem solved.

Good luck to you

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think it might be neither.. I think it might be their way of protecting themselves from legislature which would make censorship even more pervasive.

I doubt it will work out that way though.. it's basically the same addage:

If you give up freedom to gain security you deserve neither and will lose both

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
yeah i noticed that a few had gone, shame really as thats a lot of videos gone. still no disrespect to the ones gone but as long as my two favorites are there
nuffrespect and realvworld thats me alright up:
Is it a conspiracy in its self or just down to copyright i dont know. Though the hysteria on youtube didnt help much to earn us credibility.
God help us when nuffrespect goes
:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by swamp123
yeah i noticed that a few had gone, shame really as thats a lot of videos gone. still no disrespect to the ones gone but as long as my two favorites are there
nuffrespect and realvworld thats me alright up:
Is it a conspiracy in its self or just down to copyright i dont know. Though the hysteria on youtube didnt help much to earn us credibility.
God help us when nuffrespect goes
:

There's a new thread now with a plea for help from nuffrespect on ATS now

The title is thruth videos being targetted' or something along those lines.

If you care about nuffrespect's movies, you must check it out!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Here's a couple of videos I've found about the mass censorship currently happening on youtube...

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Do most people understand that its really easy to dual boot with linux. If they have at least 40 gig hard drive, they just need to download a couple free distros and a good free iso burner (google an open source one for windows), and then set your bio to boot from cd/dvd first and insert the live cd. Once you see everything works install. But ony after a defrag in windows. You can partition right in their installers. Mepis and Pclinuxos are my two favorites. They rock beyond. If you can't see the video, you just go to their forums or online and type the distro and the help you need and lots will be available. For example if Pclinux doesn't recognize your monitor or video, at the point it says it can't load the desktop, you type video, and then follow instructions. Mepis is easy, you move the arrow bars down to chose the lesser video option and make changes. Best to google this stuff first though. Otherwise simple install. I'd download both because my one new computer win cheap winchip lan bits, wouldn't go online with pclinux, but did with mepis.
Use windows only for some things. Linux for all normal things, plus all the free open source software alternatives. Go to their forums first and read things.

No need to let windows monitor or censor you.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by mystiq]

[edit on 20-9-2008 by mystiq]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join