It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stressed plants 'produce aspirin'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Hi Everyone,

Plants facing stressful conditions like drought produce their own aspirin-like chemical, US researchers say.

Link: news.bbc.co.uk...

Thought you guys might find this interesting, it seems that plants are actually alot smarter than we give them credit for!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
We are still unlocking the secrets of plants.

All I know is that, when I am on shrooms, hey had emotions like us.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eed
We are still unlocking the secrets of plants.

All I know is that, when I am on shrooms, hey had emotions like us.

Well don't quote me the source but I have heard theories regarding plants having the ability to feel and experience emotions.

I have also heard about plants acting differently with regards to the emotions of the humans in their presence.

Also heard about certain plants and their related drug experiences being a reflection on what the "plant" knows.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
A case of major guilt as I runs outside to water the plants I was letting dry out as its nearly October and my brother forgot to water them much when I was gone. I am never ever going to let a plant die again, the weather has to do it!

They must feel pain!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Natural Aspirin is a product of the white willow tree. The inner bark is collected in the spring. It is in the form of salicin which turns into salicilic acid or aspirin in the bloodstream. This bypasses the damage done by synthetic aspirin which irritates the stomach.

Salicin is far more effective than aspirin. Chewing on the dry bark makes you feel like a shield descends from the head down to the feet between you and the pain in a matter of minutes.

The bark is nasty bitter. But nothing compares!

top topics

join