It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plum Island Bio weapons facility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The last thing I heard about Plum Island was they were trying to upgrade to a level 4 bio containment facility, I know DHS has since taken control of the facility but there have been many rumors of dead birds littered along the beach and poor ventilation systems, weather it be due to bio weapons testing or pure coincidence. If Plum Island was to go to a level 4 facility then if Im not mistaken it would house such viruses as ebola,Small Pox, various strands of hemmoragic fever and a weaponized version of Anthrax. Nipah and Hendra which are zoonatic diseases and spread from their natural reservoir to human beings. This place is hard core and its security is"supposedly lax" and its an old facility. DHS has looked into five other locations to build another -BSL-4..They are: Fla, Miss, Ga,Ks, and Tx and Butner NC is also being considered. Our world is made up alien technology testing and bio weapons...Cant we all just get along..lol..

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
If you like to read and want more info about Plum Island, then I recommend the book "Lab 257"...
This is a must read for anybody who in the unlikely event gets to meet their new neighbor....
Another proposed site was Somerset kentucky. Thats 15-20 minutes from me.

Believe me I was so upset. Especially after reading the book. It was very disturbing..
There was so much protest with the people of Pulaski county. People all over somerset was holding meetings and trying to get petitions signed to keep this thing out of the area. They said the economic impact would be astonomical to the county. But who in the heck wants this in their back door. It only takes one small negligent mishap to create one large scale catastrophy...
I say, pick another Island and keep it away from the population.

join