It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 the new end of the world ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Why do people want the world to end so bad that they come up with dates and times. Does it make your life more comfortable to know that in time the world will end. How does having a doomsday outlook make life more enjoyable. There is nothing to support this new theory...it si just a new time and will pass as it did on 2000.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The reasons people come up with dates and times:

1. To sell books
  2. To gain access to nubile followers
  3. To gain access to any followers at all
  4. All of the above
  5. None of the above

The reasons people want to believe them? I really have no idea. But they must have a strong desire to do so since they seem to be willing to accept any explanation of what's going to happen and why it's going to happen, no matter how disjointed and/or absurd.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

If you knew you were going to die tomorrow then everything you do today would be much more pleasurable. The world may not end 2012 but people are
suffering badly around the world and put forth a date to look forward to. I, personally, think 2012 is just another day but I won't stop anyone else from believing in it.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
nah man, Dec. 21, 2012 came to be as the next end of the world because of the Mayan Long Count calendar ending on that exact date and called the "end of days" on the calendar

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Where are the Myans now? Surley it seems their end days have come and gone?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Yes but the day dec 22 2012 is the day all planets in our solor system will align and my cause havioc and unexplained things, even an ice age. but thats just what i heard no real sources there

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
What do you mean by "end?" If you mean the total extinction of all life on earth, forget it. It's not going to happen, neither prophecy nor the bible insinuate that it ever will.

top topics

join