It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if 2012 is not the end of the world ... but a revolution?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I've been thinking about it as of late ... the coincidence of the next presidential election and the supposed "end of the world" occurring. I was thinking that it is quite possible that the next president (whoever it may be) will have to do a whole lot of stuff to pull us out of this mess we call home. I quite frankly do not see them being able to do it. I was quite disappointed when Ron Paul dropped out considering he seemed to be the only one who had the 'guts' to bring up important issues that every other candidate didn't address. But, enough of that, I can see the U.S. continuing to steadily decline and more and more people will begin to lose faith in the government. I can see them looking for someone who actually wants to do the stuff he tells the people he's going to do ... Ron Paul. I know this is a stretch, but I believe that if he run's again he will have many more people (and funds) backing him up.

So basically what I'm saying is what if 2012 really isn't the end of the world, but a new beginning for everyone, a revolution, where people can begin to trust their government again. Basically a 21st Century New Deal, that will allow the world to operate better, and when free really means free.

I know it's a stretch but it's just a thought...

[edit on 18-9-2008 by baseball101]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
it could be him

i know i was supposed to lead people through 2012 on the rebellion side, but unfortunately for the world i switched sides

so now im going to lead the NWO against humanity

so since i picked the "bad" side someone will have to take my place on the "good" side

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkerside

haha why did you decide to switch sides? do you like things the way they are?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I talk with a friend of mine constintly about these things.
from what he says 2012 with bring one of many possible things. he think that most liekly its either a great awakening of the humans (like being able to acces more of our brain power), the planet x posibly altering our gravitational poles and send the earth into turmoil for a while, or nothing (beside what our government is doing [north american union and monitoring])

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
thinks are more interesting on the darkside

besides the way i see it, to be on the good side i would have to create a rebellion and manage it and thats a lot of time wasted

with the evil side they have everything ready for me, i just have to take it

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by darkmdbeener

ya those are all great possibilities ... I was just throwing this out there because I found it quite plausible ... I guess we'll just find out when the time comes haha but I really can see Ron Paul rerunning and starting a revolution that will change people's thoughts on their government

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkerside

very true, but I don't know if I would personally be able to fight for the ways of the world today for the people of the future ... I would want the next generations (hopefully if there is any) to have a better place to live in then we do where they can trust their government and not have to worry about terrorism ... ya I know it doesn't seem possible but I believe if this revolution really does occur it will open everyone's eyes and give us hope.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
LOL!

Are you kidding me? Do you actually believe Ron Paul had a chance. Your Presidents are not selected by the public...that was stopped a long time ago.

I'm not trying to be rude, but seriously, the higher ups won't be "looking for someone to fix the problem", because everything's working out the way it is supposed to for them. And it is they who choose who governs the country.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

ya i know it's a stretch ... and i wasn't talking about this year's election i was talking about 2012's, and ya i see where you're coming from about the higher ups, i don't know i guess it's just wishful thinking, but you never know somehow someway it could happen

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Revolution or evolution... either way times, they are a changing and there is no doubt about that. It is my opinion that 2012 will usher an epoch (awakening or whatever you want to call it) where a major scientific event will reveal something of a profound nature about humanity and our universe.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by mapsurfer_]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

I completely agree with you ... i find it more plausible of there being a revolution or 'awakening' in 2012 bringing down the "big guys" haha

new topics

top topics

join