It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glitch shuts down LHC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Glitch shuts down LHC

news.aol.com

The world's largest particle collider malfunctioned within hours of its launch to great fanfare, but its operator didn't report the problem for a week.
In a statement Thursday, the European Organization for Nuclear Research reported for the first time that a 30-ton transformer that cools part of the collider broke, forcing physicists to stop using the atom smasher just a day after starting it up last week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
gizmodo.com
www.hackinthebox.org

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I figured this would happen. I don't wanna sound crazy, but I think this is a sign from God that we shouldn't be screwing around with black holes. It's against common sense.

news.aol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Or you could look at it the other way...That GOD wants them to double check everything to make sure it works perfectly for the main event.

Not that i think God has anything to do with it.
If there is a God im sure it could find a more permanent way of shutting it down.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Anything that contains the complexity of the LHC and is based on the tremendous amount of engineering is going to have failures here and again. This will not be the last time that a part will break. It is just the nature of a machine as complex as this.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I believe this being the only LHC of it's kinda I would assume that they didnt have a chance to beta test on a prototype as I guess this would be the prototype so parts are going to be stressed and broken in hopes of working out hardware kinks.

I doubt god had anything to do with it.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
OMG what was that thread during the time of LHC being turned on with the channeler that said in her video it would not be the right time and that something with the cooling system would go wrong? Really I want to see that video again...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
OMG what was that thread during the time of LHC being turned on with the channeler that said in her video it would not be the right time and that something with the cooling system would go wrong? Really I want to see that video again...

We HAVE to find that video. Who has it, or has the link to the thread?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I do not remember but she has been here a while, but just recently started posting again, her avatar is of an indiain maiden, really nice soft Native colors.

Skyfloating, do you know who we are talking about? Seems like a thread you may have viewed???

Cant get this one out of my mind, even though I am not big on channeling, it needs to be relooked at...

Edit to say I may have the wrong Op... Just do not remember.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by antar]

top topics

join