It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin disinvited from Iran rally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Palin disinvited from Iran rally

www.jta.org

Sarah Palin was disinvited from the Jewish-sponsored anti-Iran rally.

The move follows two days of controversy for organizers of next Monday’s rally to protest Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at the United Nations.

The controversy erupted after JTA reported that Palin, the Republican vice-presidential nominee, had accepted an invitation from the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations to speak at the event. Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.), who had accepted a similar invitation several weeks earlier, announced she was withdrawing from the event.

A Clinton spokesperson said the senator was concerned the rally had become “a partisan political event.”

Republicans responded by slamming Clinton for putting partisanship above the effort to stop Iran by pulling out of the rally. Palin “believes that the danger of a nuclear Iran is greater than party or politics,” Palin spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
In my opinion, uninviting her is outrageous.

www.jta.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
From my understanding Hillary Clinton will not attend the event either, and this group has every right to do what they want, they are a private group...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

That was the reason they univited her, because Hillary first accepted, and then when she found out Palin would be there, reversed her decision. Palin, on the other hand, knew Hillary had accepted, and she still accepted. Tell me that is not uneven-handed.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by yellowcard

That was the reason they univited her, because Hillary first accepted, and then when she found out Palin would be there, reversed her decision. Palin, on the other hand, knew Hillary had accepted, and she still accepted. Tell me that is not uneven-handed.

Agreed. If if the story is accurate, then it appears Palin was amenable to attending even though she knew a political opponent would be attending. Clinton basically threw a tantrum and withdrew.

And the Democrats on this board and outside made a huge deal because John McCain didn't LOOK at Obama during the debate, showing his immaturity! I'll bet they find some way to spin this.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
as a jewish man i can say im glad they uninvited her, she is a shiska that does not have israels best interests in mind

[edit on 2-10-2008 by RealitySetsIn]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

as a jewish man i can say im glad they uninvited her, she is a shiska that does not have israels best interests in mind

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but perhaps before you blast me, you should be aware that I have spent the last 4 hours trying to get an antisemitic post removed from ATS:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Remarks such as you just made about Palin being a shiksa are not helping your cause.

Israel is the "good guy" in the Middle East, Sarah Palin said, repeating her assertion that the United States should not second-guess its Iran strategies.

Alaska Gov. Palin, the Republican vice-presidential nominee, was speaking on CBS Thursday in her second foreign policy interview since Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) selected her as his running mate a month ago.

Interviewer Katie Couric pressed Palin on her earlier insistence that the United States should not second-guess Israel even if it were to strike Iran to prevent it from getting a nuclear weapon.

"We shouldn’t second-guess Israel's security efforts because we cannot ever afford to send a message that we would allow a second Holocaust," Palin said. "They are our closest ally in the Middle East and they need us we need them and we shouldn't second-guess them."

source: www.jta.org...

For a Jewish person, I'm surprised that you don't have the facts straight.
Assuming you REALLY are Jewish, why don't you read the JTA:
JTA, the Global News Service of the Jewish People, is an international wire service covering issues of relevance to the Jewish community.
Palin is a strong supporter of Israel and Jewish people in general.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

For a Jewish person, I'm surprised that you don't have the facts straight.
Assuming you REALLY are Jewish, why don't you read the JTA:
JTA, the Global News Service of the Jewish People, is an international wire service covering issues of relevance to the Jewish community.
Palin is a strong supporter of Israel and Jewish people in general.

It's all a show on her part.

She knows the only way to become president of the USA is if she is approved by Israel and AIPAC, so she will suck up to us.

But we see through her disguise, once she is elected she will flip-flop and become anti-israel.

We will not allow her to become vice president, much less president. Sorry, but Obama is going to be the next president, this I can assure you with 100% certainty.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by RealitySetsIn]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

But we see through her disguise, once she is elected she will flip-flop and become anti-israel.

Who is the "we". Are you saying that you speak for all Jewish American Citizens? I will not get into a debate with you on this. You are entitled to believe what you wish. However, I have several relatives by marriage that are more concerned that Obama, who was raised as a Muslim, is more of a concern, than Sarah Palin. Believe what you wish, but don't pretend to speak for all Jewish People, because you do not.
Furthermore, it seems rather strange that the JTA, which DOES speak for many Jewish people, doesn't seem to "KNOW" as much as you do.

new topics

top topics

join