It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA to review genetically engineered animals

page: 1/

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

FDA to review genetically engineered animals

www.msnbc.msn.com

WASHINGTON - Super Chicken strutted a step closer to the dinner table Thursday.

The government said it will start considering proposals to sell genetically engineered animals as food, a move that could lead to faster-growing fish, cattle that can resist mad cow disease or perhaps heart-healthier eggs laid by a new breed of chickens.

The rules will also apply to drugs and other medical materials from genetically engineered animals, a field with explosive potential.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
"Let Them Eat Cake!"
Codex Alimentarius (Mandate That Will Starve 3 Billion People to be In Place by 12/31/09)
Organic food industry could face downturn

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This is scary stuff if you really stop to understand what this means. Try to see through all the "this is good for you" propoganda, and do some research on the subject if you have not already. The frogs are boiling now people. And they're GM!

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Not a peep huh? The FDA is about to take the final step in approving food for your table that isn't even really food at all, and there isn't a peep. This is sad.

EDIT to add: But then again, what can really be said at this point anyway, I suppose? Resistance is futile it seems.

[edit on 9/20/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Maybe everyone is blind and deaf on this topic because of the fluoride they are demanding be put back into the water!

Then again, I suppose this story has been beaten to death over the past few years. I just figured this article was a signifigant mile-marker.

[edit on 9/22/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Personally, I think you're on to something. I read a long time ago that Fluoride is an ingredient in most general anesthetics and in many psychotropic drugs. As a heavy water drinker (90% of what I drink) it made me seriously question my own apathy. Even on this web site I rarely respond to topics because I just don't care enough too - and it feels SO wrong that I can't bring myself to care about a lot of these things.

GMAnimals - What on earth are people thinking? Are people so disconnected from the food chain that they think we need to further modify the "food" to make it suitable for human consumption? Mother Nature was good enough for thousands of years, but I guess isn't anymore.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

Well, thanks for jumping in.

I drink a LOT of water, always have. I used to have steady access to well-drawn water. But for the past few years I have only been able to drink municipal water that you can actually smell the chlorine in. I keep getting sicker and sicker. I have some weird rash now, they thought I had Lyme again but now they're not sure, and I had a stroke a few weeks ago.

And the food? Oh, don't get me started. You can read all about it, especially in the "let them eat cake" thread I linked above. The food is already poison enough. But the GM meats will take the taco, you can bet on that.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

This is nuts, man. Like I said in another thread, you can pretty much gauge what the true intentions are of any government agency by what they are saying. They say "this is good for you! They just grow a little faster." That means "This probably has adverse effects, but we see incredible profit from it, and it will probably poison you in the long run because all of the drugs we're pumping into the meat, but hell... Eat up!" And let alone, the FDA is saying this. No way in hell I would touch anything they recommend.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

It's dreadfully simple really. You are what you eat. Eat food that was modified to grow faster then nature allows, that means you will too. Hence all the fat Americans. Being fattened up for the slaughter.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
There are addictive chemicals, hormones, pesticides, etc in the food now - this is what we know of. What other kinds of crap are they going to add in under the guise of "Genetically Modified" and "good for you"? How long will it take for people to wake up? Will they ever?

I'll tell you - those raw-vegans are almost starting to make sense now

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

But even eating raw veggies isn't the answer anymore. Monsanto is killing off non-GM seed batches. Codex Alimentarius is working to outlaw essential nutrients as "dangerous toxins."

Did you know that the nutritional level of the humble potato has fallen by 70% in the past few decades? Even the Irish aren't safe I guess.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Did you hear about the plans to start irradiating all spinach and lettuce to "preserve it's safety" ? Yes. Blasting food with enough radiation to make apples stay good-as-new for 28 days (no word on how long spinach would stay) is a MUCH better alternative to clean, safe, whole foods.

It's getting to be a scary scary world out there. Not meaning to state the obvious, but without food, we are nowhere. By attacking the food supply in this matter, Corporate America/ World is declaring war on us

edit: I hadn't heard the part about potatoes. That's frightening. What happens when the nutrition levels in our food hits ZERO?

[edit on 9/24/2008 by CeltAngel]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Did you hear about the plans to start irradiating all spinach and lettuce to "preserve it's safety"

If you go into the backroom at your local supermarket, you are likely to find that the boxes in which all fresh produce comes in bear the international food irradiation symbol. Most meats as well. Not only is there danger in that we are being subjected to long term low-level radiation exposure, but that the irradiation can actually keep bad food from appearing spoiled and the irradiation severly degrades nutritional value.

What happens when the nutrition levels in our food hits ZERO?

It doesn't have to. You'll die of heart disease and general malnutrution before then.

Think about this. If you survived on a steady diet of potatos, like the Irish once did, you would have to eat seventy percent more of them today to gain the same nutritional benefit. No wonder Americans are getting so fat. Our bodies are screaming for nutrients, but all we have to satiate our hunger is high-fat/high-calorie "foods" that are modified to maximize profits at the expense of, nay, to the detriment of our health.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Holy Hannah. I just asked a friend who is a grocery store manager and he confirmed what you say about the irradiated food. Not that I didn't believe you - it was just too much - I had to hear it from someone I know. Yep, he confirmed it. I honestly don't know what to think now, other than time to learn how to grow food while there's time.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Yes, while there is time, and while heirloom seeds are still available without contamination, and before it is illegal.

new topics

top topics

join