It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush...Not As Stupid As You May Have Thought...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
although i love your avatar, fathom, i think you might be a wee too sensitive to people calling bush... uhmm...dumb. i agree with jon stewert that i want a president that makes me feel like i'm a blithering idiot. and with all do respect (NOT!) to president reagan, even hollywood thought ole ronnie's elevator didn't go all the way up to the top floor. i know i'm talking about the republicans messiah incarnate, but assigning such godlike adulation to ole ronnie and now W., dismisses the belief that even logic, let alone intelligence, resides in the top echalons of the republican party

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I think my intent is misrepresented. I don't even like Bus, he betrayed us real conservatives and I can't wait until he is out of the picture. But I don't agree with the way he is disrespected and made to look like a fool when his IQ proves that he is not.

And also, he may be a bad president but he is OUR president and the office of President should be respected no matter who the person is holding that office. By blittling it, we belittle America and by us mocking the ofice of president we give permission for other countries to do so also.

And I for one don't want foreigners talking trash about OUR President.

I felt the same way when people were trash talking Clinton.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom

Originally posted by sparksgordon
i saw the name of this topic and my jaw dropped. after reeading the thread i have decided not to reply as its in the best interest of everyone here.
and you probably don't have anything to back up your would-be statement other than your biased opinion.

Is it just me, or is this one of the funniest replies to a comment. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

ok, false argument there fathom...how does talking about the intelligence of one president defame the "office of the president" and frankly speaking, bush does not care how other countries view him. his actions toward other countries and the responses from those countries dealing with his actions have been apparent and well published.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

also fathom, let me ask you a question...which political party truly represents your personal needs? in my opinion, since i'm not a millionaire or even close to it, my personal needs are not met by the republican party and my own self interest decides on who i vote for...that's probably the ONLY connection or agreement i have with the republican party.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
reply to post by Fathom

ok, false argument there fathom...how does talking about the intelligence of one president defame the "office of the president"

ok, this one should be so obvious I will not spend the time explaining it. it diminishes this conversation.

also fathom, let me ask you a question...which political party truly represents your personal needs? in my opinion, since i'm not a millionaire or even close to it, my personal needs are not met by the republican party and my own self interest decides on who i vote for...that's probably the ONLY connection or agreement i have with the republican party.

at this time neither party represents me as a conservative.
The Republican party left the conservatives behind in 2004.
Besides, what does being a millionaire have to do with what political party you are? Do you think that the Democratic presidential hopefuls have ever been NOT millionairs? I am a millionaire and do not like the current Republican president or presidential candidate.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
Is it just me, or is this one of the funniest replies to a comment. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

wrong. his is based on his opinion and mine is based on fact.
www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.

If I make a statement and you disagree with me then you are denying my ignorance. Correct? In otherwords, it's your opinion against mine! It's all about opinions. . .

My opinion was based on factual test results. your opinion is based on your emotional reaction to disliking President Bush.
Put your emotions on the shelf for a bit and you will see that I am correct.

Your opinion is based on your politics and your willingness to believe in his IQ test results when all the evidence points towards him being a dullard. As for disliking George W Bush! I look on Bush as I would any other power mad, war mongering psychopath! He's a threat to world peace. Pure and simple. He's done more damage to the USAs relationship with other countries than you care to accept, so much so that he has found himself the subject of many impeachment rumours.
Thats right Fathom, you're right and the rest of the world is wrong!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

AND!!! and in actual fact..............

[edit on 20-9-2008 by wellsybelieves]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

not the rest of the world...just you

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

well at least your honest about your own feelings. i too do not like being thought of as a mere cretin or another social security numbered worker in the machinations of created mega-wealth. and the democrats in positions of power, have grown equally fat and gelatinous as have their republican collegues. however, there are good people in each party that have the best intentions for our country and it's unique societal living conditions, and it's sad that they are not the ones that are given the opportunity to run our country.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
George W Bush is approaching the end of his second term as President of the United States of America. He was democratically elected to that position - twice. Isn't it a little late to debate whether or not he is 'intelligent' enough for the job?

[edit on 20/9/08 by Myrdyn]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrdyn

You're absolutely right, it's like a dog chasing it's tail.

I wonder if people have learned anything at all or are we going to have to keep repeating the same mistakes over and over and over again.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

not the rest of the world...just you

Have you ever heard the saying, "When you find you've dug yourself into a deep hole at least have the common sense to know when to stop digging!"

Looking back over the recent posts all I see is you trying to defend your beliefs and opinions. You're wrong and you know you are, but you're just too stubborn to admit. Coincidentally, just like Bush's descision to invade Afghanistan!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Myrdyn

I wonder if people have learned anything at all or are we going to have to keep repeating the same mistakes over and over and over again.

I don't know will you make out the next Republican president to be a baffon because you don't agree with his policies or will you respect the office of our American President regardless of who it is?

it all starts with you hunny...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Have you ever heard the saying, "When you find you've dug yourself into a deep hole at least have the common sense to know when to stop digging!"

Looking back over the recent posts all I see is you trying to defend your beliefs and opinions. You're wrong and you know you are, but you're just too stubborn to admit. Coincidentally, just like Bush's descision to invade Afghanistan!

I posted a link to where I got my FACTS.
Have you? oh you can't because yours are OPINIONS and you can only post links to other's OPINIONS.

give it up MWH you are wrong and you know it so you react emotionally.
don't you know that when you lose your temper you lose control.

see right now I have control of this conversation because I haven't lost my temper
(and I'm right)

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Myrdyn

actually no...there are millions of people that buy into this, by failing to spend a little time on research to find out who really represents their own interests. they are easily swayed by simple phases and words...flag, patriotism, gays, abortion, fear, terriosts, liberals, elites, left-coast, taxes....etc. take a look at our schools and tell me how much in-depth study, of the inner workings of government is being taught. as machavelli once said... and i paraphrase...give the people bread and circuses

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

i'm sorry...but your FOX NEWS CHANNEL BABE avatar keeps me from taking you too seriously. i...uhmm...am curiously drawn to that particular type of attire however.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Fathom

i'm sorry...but your FOX NEWS CHANNEL BABE avatar keeps me from taking you too seriously. i...uhmm...am curiously drawn to that particular type of attire however.

How is Fathom a Fox News Channel Babe?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Fathom

How is Fathom a Fox News Channel Babe?

well...tight tops, short skirts, large flashes of leg...of course, i haven't noticed that much
however 99% percent of the "BABES" are blond. and the innuendo to ...ahh....a sexual nature can't be missed.......jesus, i have to get out more.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join