It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush...Not As Stupid As You May Have Thought...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

bush knows all about NLP, persuasion, mind games etc. He is pretty brilliant and has everyone believing that he is stupid. Its a great cover. Most people want to believe that he is stupid, but those people don't know how to play chess.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by iiinvision

Well, there's no denying that is there? What could have happened to him to make him into the stuttering fool he's now become? I've always said that those really in charge manipulate are leaders from the safety of the shadows. Perhaps they're drugging him to make him look stupid? What would they gain by doing that?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
115 is okay but not Yale material. I have a girlfriend that went to Yale and GWB isn't even in the same ball park as Marsha (not close). I still say I don't believe 115 until he actually takes the test in front of me and I get to grade it.

Anytime GWB has gotten anywhere it's been because his father, Bush Sr. has "helped him".

GWB's Business History below was taken from this site: www.deepcool.com...

1978 Founded Arbusto Energy with $17,500 from his education trust fund and $3 million in funds from family friends and backers of Bush Sr's political aspirations. They made no money but got tax writeoffs so they were quite happy.

1979 James Bath, a close family friend, pays $50,000 for 5% of Arbusto. Bath was U.S. representative for Salem bin Laden, Osama's wealthy Saudi father.

1982 George W renames bankrupt company Bush Exploration, sells 10% to Philip Uzielli for $1,000,000, and takes company public to raise $1,400,00.

1984 Bush Exploration (broke again) merges with Spectrum 7 Energy Corporation, owned by William DeWitt and Mercer Reynolds. Bush becomes CEO, gets 16.3%, and a salary of $75K. Reynolds is now ambassador to Switzerland.

1986 Spectrum 7, nearly bankrupt, is acquired by Harken Energy Corp. Bush receives 227,000 shares of Harken stock and is made director and consultant to the company at up tp $120K salary, $600k in stock options and a couple of hundred thousand in free or forgiven loans.

1987 Union Bank of Switzerland (UBS) provides $25 million cash infusion. Saudi Sheik Abdullah Bakhsh joins the board with 17.6% ownership.

1989 Harken hides losses by selling Aloha Petroleum, a susidiary to insiders for 12 million, $12 million of which a loan held by Harken. The $8 million (supposed) profit on the sale is counted as Harken income by Arthur Andersen, the accountant.

1989 DeWitt and Reynolds help Bush buy the Texas Rangers for $86 million. Bush invests $500K (borrowed on his Harken stock), gets 10% and becomes the public half of a general management duo with Rusty Rose. A new $135M stadium is built with taxpayer money for the team which it eventually owns.

1989 At a December meeting of the Board of Directors of Harken, George W signs off on use of a recently created Cayman Island subsidiary to pursue company's $25 million contract to drill for oil off the coast of Bahrain.

1990 In January, Bahrain signs a exclusive oil drilling with Harken to the surprise of analysts. Harken stock shoot up in value.

1990 An March 14 Harken Board of Director's meeting, Bush is appointed as the chairman of a board committee to investigate the restructuring of $12 million in secured notes held by the group of Harken insiders who, in 1989, purchased the Aloha Petroleum subsidiary from Harken. Board also approves sale of Aloha.

1990 June 22: W. sells his Harken stock for $848,560 - two weeks before $23 million in losses revealed. He pays the Rangers loan out of the proceeds. (Martha Stewart went to jail for doing this, it's called inside trading, why not Bush Jr? Also, I believe the people who worked there lost their pensions.

1990 In July, Aloha Petroleum sold to Advance Petroleum Marketing which relieves the associated debt. Advance Petroleum was owned by David Halbert who had invited GWB to invest $10k or so in Allied Home Pharmacy several years earlier which yielded GWB up to a million in 96.

1990 Iraq invades Kuwait

1991 April: SEC investigates GWB for failing to report Insider Trading of Harken Energy stock. The investigation was led by James Doty, a friend and businees lawyer for Bush in the past.

1993 October: GWB asks for letter from the SEC regarding the investigation. The letter, signed by SEC Associate Director Bruce A. Hiler, specifically refuses to exonerate him or to preclude further SEC actions.

1994 GWB Elected Governor of Texas

1998 GWB sells his Advance stock and his Rangers stock for 16 million.

2000 In an unprecedented extra-constitutional action, GWB was appointed President of the United Staes of America by justices appointed during his father's executive tenure despite the fact that his opponent had clearly won the election.

This is a man that the female equivilant would be Paris Hilton. Another dumb, rich brat. No brains, no class and no ethics.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
He is way to young to be getting senile isnt he ?

For sure something has changed him .
I didnt pay attention to politicians when he was Governor of our state.
The only thing I do remember was that tape of when he mocked Karla Tucker when she begged for his mercy .It was cruel and evil and it almost made me cry .Not that I think he should have done anything about her ..but the tone and the way he mocked her pleas ...was just horrible and evil in my opinion.

I dont know .It is hard to determine whats up with him.
He would make a good comedian though .Those videos with him making so many mistakes and blunders and dropping his dog ...were hilarious ..I could not stop laughing at them .The one thing I like about him is he does at least laugh at himself (I do that with myself I am a total accident waiting to happen everywhere I go ..all I can do is laugh at myself as everyone else laughs at me ..I dont want them to feel bad lol )

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Very good point.

TextThey say you're dumb, I think you're absolutely cunning.
Cunning is only one form of "intellegence".

Emotionally, ethically, empathically and academically GWB is "challenged".

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I have a challenge for you. Come back in ten years and read what you have written.

The following was taken from this site: irregulartimes.com...

Let's start with the fact that Bush's advisors won't allow him to make un-scripted appearances. Unlike presidents before him, George W. refuses to hold regularly-scheduled press conferences in which he has to answer unanticipated questions from reporters. Even Bush's appearance at a pre-scheduled "press conference" to inform the nation of his plans to launch an unprovoked invasion of Iraq was exposed as a pre-scripted event by reporters in attendance. The fact that Bush's advisors won't let the President speak for himself in public indicates that they don't think that he's smart enough.

More evidence for his lack of intelligence is his inability to adhere to the basic rules of English grammar, like keeping the same verb tense in a single sentence. George W. Bush commonly mixes the present tense with the past tense. He also mixes up singular and plural, unable to conjugate the most simple verbs in English. The most famous example is Bush's embarrasing campaign question, "Is our children learning?" The correct sentence would have been "Are our children learning?" This skill is taught in elementary school, so why can't George W. get it right?

His ignorance of the basics of history is a pretty clear example of the ways in which his little mind is just not up to the job of President. In February, for example, Bush lectured the Japanese parliament about how the United States and Japan had been allies "for a century and a half", when in fact, the US and Japan have only been allied since after World War II, which ended just over 50 years ago. You'll also remember how when he was campaigning to be President, Bush had no idea who the President of Pakistan was, even though the military coup in Pakistan had recently been front-page news. Campaigning for President and not bothering to read the newspaper sounds pretty stupid to me.

Well, he got below average grades in college and spent half of his adult life as a drunk, and some say a coc aine addict. That's a dumb thing to do, and alcohol kills brain cells, so we know he could have ended up a lot smarter than he is today. Driving drunk, which he admits to doing and has been convicted for, is definitely a stupid thing to do. Of course, his advisors tried to keep that conviction off the public record, which is also what they do with his public comments and speeches - they censor and edit them after the fact, changing the official transcripts to erase his mistakes! His advisors must think he's stupid if they have to fix what he says (it's all documented in the Washington Post - look it up if you can manage it).

He doesn't even understand how the beliefs of his own church are different from the beliefs of other churches, even though he goes to church every week! In 1994, George W said, "The Episcopal Church is very ritualistic and it has a kind of repetition to the service. It's the same service, basically, over and over again. Different sermon, of course. The Methodist Church is lower key. We don't have the kneeling. And I'm sure there is some kind of heavy doctrinal difference as well, which I'm not sophisticated enough to explain to you." He admits he's not smart to understand how Methodist theology is different from Episcopal theology, so how can he understand the nuances of U.S. foreign policy?
He apparently is pretty fuzzy-headed about the economy and basic mathematics. Last year, he was insisting that his tax cuts combined with increased spending would ensure the continuation of a budget surplus. To professional economists, that idea seemed to be kind of stupid. They said so, but George W. Bush dismissed their criticism. Now, it turns out that Bush has admitted that he was wrong, and that the United States will have budget deficits for the next decade because of his fuzzy math. In a show of unbelievably bull-headed inanity, George W. Bush is calling for making these damaging tax cuts permanent. Heck, during the debates, Bush admitted that he had difficulty with math that required a calculator. Is that smart?

He has no understanding of basic scientific concepts, and even worse, he makes up science in order to support his own policies. He has stated that he believes that creationism has equal scientific validity as the theories of biological evolution through natural selection. He doesn't understand the basic science of global warming, genetic engineering, stem cell research, cloning, abstinence education, contraception and missile shield research. Time and time again, he's gotten the science wrong on these issues, even though the correct information was readily available. We're in the 21st century now, and we need a President who is well-educated and able to critically evaluate the science behind public policy. When it comes to scientific literacy, George W. Bush gets a failing grade.

In just a few paragraphs, we've been able to cite many examples of George W. Bush's stupidity, ignorance and intellectual laziness. We could go on for much longer. As his inept muddling with U.S. policy in the Middle East has proven, George W. Bush just doesn't have the brains to be a good President. Since he's become President, the economy has faltered, U.S foreign policy has disintegrated into a confused tangle, constitutional freedoms have been undermined, and environmental protections have been destroyed so that Bush's big oil executive friends can make bigger profits for themselves. Heck, Bush couldn't even maintain control over the Senate in a non-election year! His presidency has been a chaotic mess.

The above was written by Donald Riese

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.

If I make a statement and you disagree with me then you are denying my ignorance. Correct? In otherwords, it's your opinion against mine! It's all about opinions. . .

My opinion was based on factual test results. your opinion is based on your emotional reaction to disliking President Bush.
Put your emotions on the shelf for a bit and you will see that I am correct.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
115 is okay but not Yale material.

babe, his IQ is 130.
its ok, i know it is easy to get confused sometimes with all this material. thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

You know, when he got his undergraduate degree from Yale (1968) and an MBA from Harvard? Is Yale really pumping out that many cretins? Can just any imbecile off the street get an MBA from Harvard?

The answer is YES, if your father is the wealthy George Herbert Walker Bush. Ivy League schools give children of alumni first dibs.

Also, a high IQ is a measure of mostly logical thinking and mathematical skills. Bush has no sense of curiosity - he doesn't read much, doesn't know that Africa is a continent, not a country. Can't prounounce nuclear.

He may be smart, but all that potential was wasted.

Sorry, when the world looks at your leader they don't say, "What's his IQ", they say "Can he make an eloquent argument".

Bush can't ergo - he's stupid

[edit on 20-9-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
reply to post by iiinvision

Well, there's no denying that is there? What could have happened to him to make him into the stuttering fool he's now become? I've always said that those really in charge manipulate are leaders from the safety of the shadows. Perhaps they're drugging him to make him look stupid? What would they gain by doing that?

My speculation, based on my own personal opinion, is that he is acting stupid on purpose. This guy has objectives that are being systematically accomplished for either himself or the next in line. Whether its voluntary acting/manipulation or covert/mind control is unknown to me, but what is known is that he is not senile.
When an ex KGB (for all we know) agent refers to George w. Bush as ''my kind of guy'', that implies a lot for have an understanding of the KGB.

Those who have no understanding of the history of the KGB/CIA etc and tactics put into play using psychological operations and other various silent weapons, will not get anything because they simply do not understand it. Fear makes a lot of people disbelieve, and so they are justified in their quest to allow ignorance. They are scared.

This video, IMO, speaks for itself, about the type of people that we are truly dealing with, and it is their level in which many of us need to rise to, and outsmart.

It really doesn't matter what someone's IQ is. What matters is the actions they take in every day life, and we can clearly see(when you look at the forest instead of the trees) that George Bush is NOT as stupid as is portrayed on your television screen.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

Dubya had three businesses: one was Harken Oil, in which his family's wealthy friends invested as a tax shelter, and which he ran into the ground before being bought out by the same family friend who helped him get financing for his piece of the Texas Rangers. And we won't mention how the Ballpark at Arlington was bought, will we? And we won't mention that, when he sold his piece of the team (to the same man who had helped him buy his share) he was paid about twice what that piece was worth...but of course, dubya's always had a thing for money and business. Do you know how he bought Harken Oil? With money left over from his educational trust fund. MONEY LEFT OVER, after four years at Yale and two years at Harvard.

Now, let's look at his political career:
he was bought into the race by the same family friends who had helped him throughout his entire adult life, and he went for Governor of Texas.

Now, everybody who'es familiar with an election in which a political neophyte was elected as Governor of a state, please tell me. Wanna know why dubya was? Because in Texas, most of the power resides in the office of the Lieutenant Governor. The Governor is more of a figured (and talking) head.

And finally, he wasn't elected president; he was appointed. And before you tee off, allow me to ask one question: Did Dubya take office on the basis of an election alone, without the intercession of a third party, other than the Electoral College? If not, then the decision made by that third party, NOT the election, is what placed him in office.

Is Yale really pumping out that many cretins? Can just any imbecile off the street get an MBA from Harvard?

Was Dubya a double legacy at Yale, and did he come from a wealthy, politically influential family when he was at Harvard? Look at the magic he was able to accomplish with his service records; college transcripts shouldn't be any harder.

Apparently, there are a lot of people who believe this to be the case.

So if George Bush is smarter than 19 out of 20 people, that means he's probably brainier than 95% of the people who claim that he's "dumb". Can you ever remember a time when there were so many people who smugly and yet incorrectly presumed themselves to have a higher IQ than a man who was their intellectual superior?

Once again, I know a great number of intellectually gifted people. They have a commonality that makes their speech and thought processes distinctive. Dubya does not share this commonality.

Oh, and some more info on Dubya:

Some information about GWBs entry into Yale:

An SAT of 1330 is not, in fact, a brilliant SAT score. It's above average, but not by a huge margin (the average in 2003 was 1026. I can't find any data for the average back in 1963/4). Remember, though, that the fact he took the SAT at all places him in a relatively select group.

Not that Bush got 1330. His Verbal SAT score was 566, and his Maths SAT score was 640 - a total of only 1206.

And he didn't beat Gore, either. Gore scored a total SAT of 1355:

[b]Bush/Gore Grades and SAT Scores
CNN - How affirmative action helped George W.

The second of those two references also points out that Bush's SAT score was by no means sufficient to get him into Yale, especially given his previous high school record. The inference presented (with some support) is that his family connections got him there. His academic record while at Yale suggests a similar conclusion.

GWB is likely intelligent - at least more-so than an "average" person with an IQ of 100. He is, however, no genius, and the rest of his resume pretty much speaks for itself - what he has, he seems to have wasted.

Bush's SAT score of 1206 is commendable, but for the 1960s it isn't really that great.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Most likely the score is faked. It would be a big embarrassment for the White House to have a president that is on public retard level.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

ofhumandescent, honey, as much as you want to prove your point you offer nothing but your opinion, you compare President Bush's test score to Al Gore's, I am not comparing their IQ levels, I could care less what Gore's is. I simply posted President Bush's IQ level and thereby put an end to this misconception that he is not intelligent.

I enjoy reading your posts though baby so keep them coming.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Most likely the score is faked. It would be a big embarrassment for the White House to have a president that is on public retard level.
what is embarrassing is that Obamas IQ has been proven to be 116...ouch

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
Not a single argument is backed up by proof.

Thanks, ofhumandescent, for providing the proof that I thought about, but didn't think it was worth researching. GW Bush may have a relatively high number IQ, but clearly, that number only reveals one aspect of intelligence, and doesn't speak for a person's abilities, wisdom, talents, aptitude for decision-making, ethics and basic common sense, let alone their capacity to achieve or be successful. There are many aspects of of overall "intelligence" that an IQ test just doesn't measure.

The measures you have put forth clearly show that the man is severely lacking in these other vital areas of intelligence.

So, Fathom. Yes, the number is higher than originally thought (if your source is to be trusted). Congratulations. But it does not prove that GW Bush is any "better" or smarter of a man or that his complete failure as a president is any more excusable or acceptable than anyone thought before. If anything, it's even more intolerable that a supposedly "smart" man completely ruined this country and our reputation around the world in 8 short years. Look around.

So his IQ is really nothing to brag about.

Sorry.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
what is embarrassing is that Obamas IQ has been proven to be 116...ouch

Care to provide that "proof"?

The former Guidance Counselor of Obama's private Hawaiian school has supplied The Washington Post with a certified copy of Obama's Stanford-Banai IQ Certification, one of which was taken in 1966 when he was a kindergardener in Hawaii before moving to Indonesia, and one which was taken as entrance protocol as a freshman in his private (extremely exclusive) Honolulu private highschool.

His IQ was clocked at 172 and 166 respectively (IQ's normally have a fluctuation of 6 or 7 points from test to test so that discrepency is normal).

That puts Obama in the certifiable clinical genius category.

Source

Edited to add:

Obama attended an elite private school in Honolulu as a scholarship student. He had previously been in school in Indonesia, so his scholarship was almost certainly not based on marks, but on extremely high entrance exam scores, likely well above 145.

Source

Barack Obama's Estimated IQ Score Range is 130 to 148 and quite possibly higher.

Source

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Can anyone trust a man that has shown to be a liar and cheat?

I would wager my next paycheck that Bush's IQ Score was "adjusted". pure and simple. A person that lies and cheats is a liar and a cheat.

I am far less concerned with the man's intelligence however than I am with his, thus far demonstrated, inability to govern. But, to paraphrase Thomas Jefferson, we get the government we deserve.

He is a moron. He says lots of words, but conveys not one iota of intelligence. He spews drivel, but not one iota is original.

I am embarrassed that he is the leader of MY country and amazed that some people just never ever learn.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Care to provide that "proof"?

The former Guidance Counselor of Obama's private Hawaiian school has supplied The Washington Post with a certified copy of Obama's Stanford-Banai IQ Certification, one of which was taken in 1966 when he was a kindergardener in Hawaii before moving to Indonesia, and one which was taken as entrance protocol as a freshman in his private (extremely exclusive) Honolulu private highschool.

His IQ was clocked at 172 and 166 respectively (IQ's normally have a fluctuation of 6 or 7 points from test to test so that discrepency is normal).

That puts Obama in the certifiable clinical genius category.

Source

this person has figured out Obama's real IQ by taking into account affirmative action:
(it is a blog so I apologize for posting it but the MSM or other sites that I would be allowed to post here would never do this coparison using affirmative action, it is not PC.)

What the IQ guy failed to account for is the fact that Harvard University practices affirmative action. PBS Frontline reports: "The gap in SAT scores persists even at the highest levels of achievement. A study of the 1989 applicants to five highly-selective universities found that white candidates' average combined SAT score was 186 points higher than the corresponding SAT average for African American applicants."

Furthermore, the New York Times reports that "At the best schools, by contrast, efforts to diversify the student body translate into a 400-point bonus for minority students on the SAT tests."

That 98.8 ranking based on the average Harvard LSAT translates to about a 135 IQ and a combined SAT score of 1290. That's pretty good, if not spectacular. However, due to affirmative action, one must reduce that score by at least 186 points. (Also, I suspect the NYT article is talking about the new SAT, which isn't valid for the purposes of this comparison.) Thus, giving Obama the benefit of the doubt drops his score to 1104, which is approximately equivalent to an IQ of 116.

Before one points to the fact that Obama ranked highly in his class, it's important to keep in mind that Bill Bradley was a Princeton Rhodes Scholar despite his 485 Verbal SAT and mediocre 103 IQ. Academic success, like every other kind of success, is just as much about hard work and determination as it is about intellectual firepower, but Barack Obama's supporters obviously shouldn't be attempting to make their case for him on the basis of what is, based on the available information, probably an IQ of 116, only one standard deviation above the norm. Of course, this estimate is based on averages which don't necessarily apply to a single individual; Obama could lay the matter to rest by simply permitting his scores to be released to the public.

voxday.blogspot.com...]Obama

Again, if Obama would release his scores this would be a moot point. One would think if they were stellar results he would be touting them from the highest pulpit.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by Evasius
As with going potty, I'm sure daddy helped him with the SAT's as well.

This is exactly the kind of argument that the left is limited to when attacking the President.

Again, it is indicative of those who disparage the President.

[edit on 2008/9/18 by GradyPhilpott]

humm...wonder what hitler's IQ was, bet it was pretty high also....
intelligence can be a very dangerous thing when it's used against the people.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

One picture is worth a thousand words. Yeah right this is a intellegent person.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join