Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Bush...Not As Stupid As You May Have Thought...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I agree with the OP that George "dubya" Bush is very intelligent. As far as I'm concerned, he's played his role as the bumbling idiot to a T. When anything goes wrong with out country, it is so easy to blame the "idiot" for taking us in that direction. Because if he is an "idiot" his actions are justified due to the lack of intelligence. But, this whole time that he's been playing our verbal punching bag, he has successfully:

1. Driven an entire nation into two wars under a false premise.

As we are outraged, the judgement ends there because "he was just stupid." But, if you consider the fact that he'd probably known all along that Iraq had no WMD's and being an easy target to blame and point fingers out because "Bush is dumb" gives him amnesty for holding him accountable for his actions. It always steers blame from congress, senate, and the law makers from doing their duty, as the simpletons will blame Bush.

2. Taken away Habeas Corpus and installed the "Patriot Act."

"He's an idiot." Instead of "He's the man we elected to defend our constitution and our individual rights! Why is he passing this?" Once again, the bumbling idiot gets off lightly because he "doesn't get it" and our congress and senate get a free ride too because it's all "Bush's fault."

3. Destroyed the education system.

"No Child Left Behind Act." Doing just the opposite and creating an all out war within the already inefficient education system. "Bush's stupid bill.." We are going to call him out on being stupid, but we would never consider making a man accountable for his actions because he's "Such a moron."

4. Successfully revived the cold war.

Who's fault is it that we're in this new war with Russia? "BUSH! Right?" Wrong. Although he has executive capabilities, as a people of our nation, we can't let things ride out because of our president. He has little if nothing to do with American politics. He is a figurehead so that the simple minded can have someone to point the finger at. America is incredible at that. Instead of being solution focused, we want to blame! He's made it incredibly easy for those working against the people' interest to ignore those responsible and point the finger at the "idiot."

You may think he's dumb, idiotic, moronic, but I commend him for fooling all the true idiots out there still blaming Bush for everything.

They say you're dumb, I think you're absolutely cunning.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

wow...you actually get it!

and, no child left behind is a stupid bill.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Yes Deadflagblues that was right on the money .
Very well put .But I believe that he really may be somewhat slow ..and that is the only reason why they put him in (They being TPTB ).

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Wow, I just got a 2-word U2U from Fathom encouraging me to do something harmful to myself.

Does that not violate at least one rule here on ATS?

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

More here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm not sure how anything I said either on this page or on Fathom's profile page could have made this type of violation acceptable.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Ok let me get this straight.
Bush has spent almost 8 years as President of the U.S., arguably the most powerful position on the planet, playing the role of a bumbling idiot?
Now if you believe it to be true that he is hiding his above average intelligence under this moronic front that's one thing. I disagree strongly but you're entitled to your opinion.
However, judging by the general undertone of the OP and the post mentioning the role of a bumbling idiot I sense a support for such a two faced display* and such support angers me greatly. Why would anyone support such grave deception by one of our 'elected' officials.

*Why honesty shouldn't be demanded as opposed to this deceptive role playing, especially of our head of government, is beyond me.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Jedimind]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This is the funniest damned thread I have read on this site.

As far as Bush's apparent intelligence is concerned, I think he is very skilled at playing to his base.

And that Sarah Palin is a babe, but she says "I-raq." Really, Sarah, I-raq? Talk nuc-u-ler to me, Baby.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Ok my oldest son who is 30 has an IQ of 180 ..but he flunked his driving test 3 TIMES before he could pass it .He also has NO COMMON SENSE ..and no street smarts whatsover.
My youngest son has an IQ of 160 ...he could not pass highschool without being in special ed .He also cannot think sensibly (he is irrational all the time) he does have street smarts but can barely read or write lol .And can barely hold a job .

I have a IQ of 70 ...

I have news for you. They are not that smart and you are not that dumb.

Or maybe they changed the curve on IQ tests, too. Got to give those kids self esteem, you know.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
George W. Bush is a genius.

Why was he so intelligent when running for Governor of Texas, yet so stupid as President of the United States?

Because nobody expects intelligent answers from an idiot. So when Bush fails to answer difficult questions, people accept it as normal. And if the masses accept you can't answer questions, they won't expect answers.

Which basically means you can do whatever and get away with it.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
In all seriousness, the guy appears to have suffered from a diminishment in mental function.

Either that, or he is a very good actor.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

Actually my oldest son went to quit highschool and they asked him to stay and said that because of his high IQ they would put him 2 grades up just so he could get out early .He got straight As all through school .
My youngest son and I had to be with shrinks for a long time (due to his adhd)
and they did real tests on both of us at the Medical Centers in Dallas ..I also did a test for disability ..That test showed I was only a 70 ...for real ..lol ...
They said that was only 1 up from being mentally retarded ..But I was still turned down for disability .lol go figure ..
Anyway I am self taught ..and went through ALOT in my life which is why I dont believe I am mentally retarded .

The tests were tricky and maybe I just didnt get some of them ..I really dont know what happened with me lol ..

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Don't trust the tests.

My IQ is way over Bush's, and I wouldn't vote for me.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

I actually was giving you a compliment. I apologize if you took it the wrong way.

Oh and thanks for the nasty comment you left on my profile page.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Fathom]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
You really think if the President ranked a budding 89 on the IQ scale the current administration would let the American people know?
Much less the have it be put out there as fodder for the World Powers?
Of COURSE he has a glowing IQ!
He’s a paragon! Don’t be ridiculous!
And I applaud the people who make sure those numbers add up correctly and in the favor of the American people. (True or Not)...
I’d hate to have him ranked up against the World Leaders as a bottom feeder on the intellectual highway.
It just wouldn’t be good for the USA to have him portrayed as anything but stellar.
Now if we can just get him to close his mouth.
All it takes is watching a few of his thousands of video examples out there to get the sneaking suspicion the Presidents marbles aren’t in the same bag.

...No! Give ME a shoulder rub Mr. President...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Dumb as a fox I'd say. He does as he pleases then turns on the moron button.

I remember in a book one of aides actually told the w most viewed him as an imbecile. His response was 'good'.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

Originally posted by Grumble
In all seriousness, the guy appears to have suffered from a diminishment in mental function.

Either that, or he is a very good actor.

Prolonged substance abuse has a tendency to do that:

George W. Bush substance abuse controversy

Bush admits to abusing alcohol until age forty.

So it doesn't matter how many points you start with. The question is how many do you have left?

[edit on 19-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I abused alcohol until I was 43 years old, probably worse than Bush ever could. I have been given a number of IQ tests, including the Wechsler and the Henman-Nelson, and on all I have scored in the very superior range, both during my periods of alcohol abuse and during my sobriety.

I know it might seem odd to have been administered so many IQ tests, especially during adulthood, but for some reason, the VA likes to put me through that every now and again.

It is therefore invalid to suggest that Bush is somehow impaired by his former heavy drinking, especially in light of the prevalence of heavy drinking in the US, often starting in high school and college and continuing for many years thereafter across a broad range of social and economic statuses, including many of the great corporate and business leaders of this nation.

I am not suggesting that alcohol abuse is a benign condition or that those who abuse alcohol could not do better if they did not do so, but to single out Bush as having a mental impairment because of alcohol abuse is baseless, especially given his considerable achievements since he last used alcohol.

[edit on 2008/9/19 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
To think that Bush is much more intelligent that he appears to be really scares the heck out of the lefties.
The "doofus" factor is just an act he puts on, hence the much hated smirk.

The housing/Wall Street meltdown some say was apparently cause by Bush, yet no one can explain why it happened. This is something they should have caught but didn't.
Seems the Economists got duped by dubya, which leads me to ask the question:
..who is more foolish? The fool, or the people that he fools?

Hope someone can explain without copping out with a slam.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Quite the contrary, the President has proven himself to be a shrewd leader in what could be rightfully argued are America's most perilous times, taking a war against America that was meant to be fought on our soil to the enemy, thus keeping the United States safe from terrorist attack.

Oh boy. How does taking the war to Iraqi soil make us safer? I mean, with your high IQ and all, how do you explain that?

It appears that you don't read much on the current state of geopolitics, so let me break the news:

a) occupying Iraq played ultimately in the hands of Iran by breaking the system of balance in the ME

b) given the crisis around Russia's borders, most analysts agree that US is currently quite impotent to counter the emerging Russia dominance there, because of the US forces being committed elsewhere

If you add to this that Bush has spent us into oblivion, your comment on just how shrewed he is rings quite hollow to anyone with an IQ above room temperature.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Thannnnkkkkk you.

You can have the highest IQ in the land, but once you melt your brain with coc aine, it becomes irrelevant how high your IQ once was.

Coke brain = A big idiot

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
IQ numbers mean nothing without knowing what test it is based on and what the scale is on that test. I used to administer the WAIS and the WISC-R to people and my IQ on the WAIS was 150. You cannot, no matter what the article says, determine IQ from a SAT or ACT score. Those are achievement tests not IQ tests. IQ is a measure of ability, not performance. I would tend to believe that the original article was probably written by a Bush sympathizer since some of the facts stated in it are just simply incorrect. Whether he was born that way or damaged his brain through alcohol and coc aine abuse, the man is a fool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join