It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush...Not As Stupid As You May Have Thought...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I keep hearing that George Bush is stupid so I started checking on his IQ level and I was very surprised at what I found out...

George Bush

George W. Bush's SAT score of 1206 has been widely reported. The SAT score (if taken prior to 1995) can be used to estimate IQ, to compare to the general population, and to compare to occupational averages and popular figures in history. Using such estimates, President Bush's IQ is between 125 and 130 which ranks him as more intelligent than over 95% of the population,more intelligent than most college professors and medical doctors, and similar to Abraham Lincoln, Rousseau and Thackeray (comparative IQs of 128).

www.americanthinker.com...]Bush
Now this is interesting news, MORE INTELLIGENT THAN MOST COLLEGE PROFESSORS....very interesting indeed.

McCain isn't too shabby either either.
John McCain

Included in the records is a 1984 IQ test. His score,133, would rank him among the most intelligent Presidents in history.

www.time.com...]McCain
"among the most intelligent Presidents in history"

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

Your sources do not include a measure for common sense or a moral compass...

Otherwise bush would not be mentioned in the report.

Kinda ironic the site you sourced for him is called americanthinker...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The first thread took me to another article and while at that website I did a search for Bush's IQ. I didn't find the article.

At any rate, my IQ is 127. I cannot balance my checkbook (my husband took the checkbook away from me as a mercy to both of us) and without a math tutor, I couldn't pass geometry. Thanks to that tutor, I scraped by with a C-.

My point is that even those with a high IQ can be pretty stupid. Right, Bush?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The argument of the left ever since GW announced his candidacy has been that he is an idiot, indicating a low IQ.

While it is true that the president can be inarticulate at times, he has never demonstrated in any way that he lacks intelligence.

Quite the contrary, the President has proven himself to be a shrewd leader in what could be rightfully argued are America's most perilous times, taking a war against America that was meant to be fought on our soil to the enemy, thus keeping the United States safe from terrorist attack.

Actually, those who disparage the President's intelligence are, in my judgement, the ones who are lacking in that department.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
As with going potty, I'm sure daddy helped him with the SAT's as well.

Bush is actually much less intelligent than we give him credit for, not the other way around.

It will take much more than a few numbers on a website to convince me otherwise.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius

This is exactly the kind of argument that the left is limited to when attacking the President.

Again, it is indicative of those who disparage the President.

[edit on 2008/9/18 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
The first thread took me to another article and while at that website I did a search for Bush's IQ. I didn't find the article.

you need to scroll all the way down to the "answers" part and look at #10

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Maybe Bush has stealth intelligence, you know the kind you can't detect in someone's actions? Or maybe he is like the character in the Peter Sellers' movie "BEING THERE" whose idiotic utterances were deemed intellectually deep by those who didn't realize he was an idiot.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Posted by Grady:
This is exactly the kind of argument that the left is limited to when attacking the President.

Again, it is indicative of those who disparage the President.

Again, this is exactly the kind of arguement that the right is limited to when delusion sets in.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Bush is actually much less intelligent than we give him credit for, not the other way around.

It will take much more than a few numbers on a website to convince me otherwise.

Do you speak from personal experience? have you conversed with the man?
do you have a link to back up your comment?

if not your post breaks the new political policy and should be deleted as political trolling.

Ameneter and Chapter29...same goes for you.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Fathom]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Anybody else think this is ludicrous?
I don't care what his supposed SAT score was, he failed (intentionally I believe) to do anything to prevent the attacks of 9/11, brought us into a war in Iraq because of WMD's which don't exist thus costing us around 1/2 a trillion dollars as of this writing....the list goes on.
Smart or not, (I think not, puppet is a word that should be used here) he is corrupt beyond belief and I despise him and all he is connected to and stands for.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedimind
I despise him and all he is connected to and stands for.

this doesn't make him stupid. but it does say alot about you.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

You probably missed it, but I made an argument based on the facts as I perceive them without resorting to a gutter mentality.

[edit on 2008/9/18 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
i saw the name of this topic and my jaw dropped. after reeading the thread i have decided not to reply as its in the best interest of everyone here.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparksgordon
i saw the name of this topic and my jaw dropped. after reeading the thread i have decided not to reply as its in the best interest of everyone here.
and you probably don't have anything to back up your would-be statement other than your biased opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
are you trying to tell me bush is clever?..........LOL

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

You should not compare wit to gutter mentality...it does no one any good.

Quantitative data does not encompass all variables, and that is where you are confused kind Sir...his performance (or lack of) and blind faith in a religion that he allows to influence his decision making process, speaks volumes.

You are just not listening...

[edit on 9/18/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Since when is my opinion trolling?

If it is, I will surrender my ATS membership immediately! Having the right to post here is not worth forgoing my rights to an opinion once I'm here.

Bush has had two terms to prove that he has what it takes. Where's the beef?

How about you provide an actual rock solid-link to support he has any sense whatsoever.

I rarely get into political discussions (just check my posts), however when I do disappointment quickly sets in. Disillusionment takes hold. I question not only what planet I'm on, I question the sanity of a lot of people I assumed were of sound mind.

Maybe I don't belong here. Thanks to Bush I have been made to question a lot of things, however troll I am not.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Ok my oldest son who is 30 has an IQ of 180 ..but he flunked his driving test 3 TIMES before he could pass it .He also has NO COMMON SENSE ..and no street smarts whatsover.
My youngest son has an IQ of 160 ...he could not pass highschool without being in special ed .He also cannot think sensibly (he is irrational all the time) he does have street smarts but can barely read or write lol .And can barely hold a job .

I have a IQ of 70 (yes I took a real test and that was my score)
I could not even get general math done in school lol .
But I have common sense ..I am street smart I read better than either of my 2 kids ..I can spell just about anything ...I work as an Office Manager running a small business (doing the books and everything lol yet I cannot make 1 and 1 =2 lol) etc etc ....

IQ means nothing in my family obviously LOL >..

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Since when is my opinion trolling?

this is what you did:

1g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while posting in any topical forum or discussion thread on AboveTopSecret.com.

and this:

2d.) Forum Gangs: You will not engaged in an organized collaboration with other members to disrupt thread topics or interrupt the flow of normal collaborative discussion

so discipline yourself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join