It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people laugh at creationists?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I can totally agree with that.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

There, thread solved! Next!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Blessed be the peacemakers, right?

Ok, let's move along. Nothing further to see here.

Take care everyone.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I was having a go at bigwhammy because he just makes me dislike him. You were on the ex christian thread, I respected everyone's beliefs, just not everyone themselves because of things they say.

bigwhammy does little to earn my respect, the way he undermines and disrespects atheists/agnostics in general, even Albert Einstein.

And I'm not atheist!

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
While looking through your comments, I kept seeing flawed premises and contradicting logic over and over again. But I'd answer your questions anyways to be met with ten more.... ten more... ten more... then I came to back to the thread only to see two more novel-length comments back to back addressed to me with many new arguments, all logically flawed in some way. Instead of wearing myself out and inducing a migraine with a conversation that would never end, I wanted you to take a step back to contemplate your own logic.

If my logic is flawed then it should be a picnic to point out how. Some of what I say does require a bit of assumption of how the Universe works, but some of the things I bring up require no assumption and are simply clear cut contradictions. You can't explain things like God being omnipotent and yet having a struggle with Satan... And there are many more contradictions which can similarly not be explained because it is a contradiction which requires no assumption.

This is just one example. You say that it is some psychological phenomenon that the longer a person believes in God, the more they feel God. You think this means it's all in their head. Sorry but this is not logical. It would be like me saying the longer I know my best friend, the better I know him and the closer we become. By your logic, my friend does not exist.

I never used that as proof that God doesn't exist, I simply used it as proof that personal experiences and feelings don't prove that God does exist. Also, that strawman argument sticks out like a thoar thumb. You're friend can be seen physically and confirmed to be real. God is a different story. I was simply stating that the experiences that Christians have is no more proof of God then experiences from any other religion is proof of their deity.

Another example: due to God's infinite nature, He cannot create anything. Sorry but that makes no sense and is a paradox of pantheism, if anything at all.

Why would infinity create the number 2, for example? An infinite being would contradict it's nature of being infinite in creating something. It would have no need or want to create something if it was infinite. Surely you can see the contradiction.

Instead of answering 20 more questions only to be met with ten more... ten more... ten more.... and breaking down everything in detail to show the false assumptions and illogical premise, I gave you an example of the teleological argument (something I knew you would not agree with) to try to get you to take a step back and actually examine your 'contradictions' yourself instead of killing myself over answering them all.

You don't have to answer them
. If the logic is flawed then it should be easy to explain how. Some of the arguments I make may not be true, but several of the arguments I make are strong and require a strong imagination to get around it.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Why people laugh at creationists

The other day, at a barbecue, I noticed a large man standing by the rotisserie, scoffing away. He drew attention because it was a Hawaiian-theme party, and this man (I think he was German) had come in Afghan-style pyjamas, completely wrong. The lady I was talking to was offended: not only was the fellow making a pig of himself in public, he was evidently devoid of dress sense and any concept of social obligation.

So she found a permanent marker from somewhere and drew a pretty, elaborate red flower on the back of his long pyjama shirt. The man was so busy eating, he didn't even notice.

Other partygoers did, though. It was a very polite party, so their reactions were quite muted. All the same, the guy could tell something was wrong. His face took on that mystified expression you so often see on creationsts': why, he was clearly asking himself, is everybody looking at me as if I'm wearing a cap and bells?

The reason (of course) was that they could see plainly what was invisible to him - his mark of folly. When people see a fool who doesn't know he's a fool, they laugh.

Creationism, with its ludicrous rationalizations and bibliolatory, is likewise the mark of folly. Everyone see this quite clearly, apart (of course) from creationists.

LOL I got a similar chain emaill about a month ago telling a very similar story but the evolutionist was the one with the dumb look on his face. and I recently saw the same one using a democrat VS republican

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join