It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people laugh at creationists?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I wonder if they teach logic, common sense, mathmatics in the atheist school of evolution.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Sigh, if only atheist schools existed. Or any schools intolerant of teaching religious studies. I'd send my kids there in a flash.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

That's supposed to be a joke, right?

And I'm not an aethiest, by the way! I have very deep spiritual beliefs!

[edit on 23-9-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

another reason to laugh ^_^

and they wear funny hats ...wait thats clowns ... darn just the one more reason to laugh then

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by n0tsan3

Because it is very typical behavior of the brainwashed.

You're all being programmed.

Ponder this.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
Sigh, if only atheist schools existed. Or any schools intolerant of teaching religious studies. I'd send my kids there in a flash.

You're in luck my friend. It's a novel concept called 'public school.'

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by n0tsan3

Ponder this.

We ALL are being programmed. Do you ever ponder that religion is one way to brainwash the masses?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I don't know if you know, but Good Wolf is a kiwi (New Zealand) so I'm not sure if it's the same down there.

ED. And I'm afraid I have to side with the alien here. But I still luv ya!

[edit on 24-9-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Yes, religion is. Spirituality is not.

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
I don't know if you know, but Good Wolf is a kiwi (New Zealand) so I'm not sure if it's the same down there.

Oh good point. You're probably right, then. However, if you don't stop owning me I might just have to foe you. This is two threads in a row now!

JK. I would never foe you!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Yes, religion is. Spirituality is not.

So you don't consider Christianity a religion?

Religion is an institution with set of beliefs and rituals that rarely change.

P.S. I just had to ask... did you draw those avatars? My avatar was my first attempt with graphics tablet

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   

JK. I would never foe you!

always argue with a christian they have to forgive you

sorry couldnt resist lol the devil made me do it

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Oh good point. You're probably right, then. However, if you don't stop owning me I might just have to foe you. This is two threads in a row now!

Here there are 'primary schools' then there are catholic schools. The latter is obviously quite religion orientated, the prior still has "bible in schools" (like a once a week sunday school setting"

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Ponder this.

I'd say the atheists/agnostics are among the least brainwashed and most freethinking people in the country, considering 96% of the planet believes in some kind of deity.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SamuraiDrifter

I agree 100%
...not just the country though, but the world.

It (religion/esp christianity) is infected with a "slave mentality".... which cannot be considered a good thing.

[edit on 24/9/08 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

More like: "because it's the only fitting response to someone who chooses to ignore logic".

It is pretty funny.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I consider non denominational Christianity spirituality and Catholicism organized religion. No offense to Catholic members whatsoever- I think we're all part of the same family. However, Christianity is a one-on-one relationship with our creator and Savior that no one should come in between. I believe that Catholics and some Protestant denominations give up that right and allow someone else to come in between. This is where the control comes in. I'm not judging them for it- but I do believe they are allowing themselves to be placed under authority and intercessors they shouldn't have to be under. Just my two cents.

Your avatar is incredible- didn't know you did that. Incredible work! For me, no. I just adjust things on Photoshop.

reply to post by noobfun

Well, it's true! :p

reply to post by SamuraiDrifter

Why is it that the statistics for atheist and agnostics always change when needed? When it is needed to be shown they are the persecuted or freethinking minority, their percentages are so low. When it is needed to show how many of them there are, suddenly the statistics skyrocket. I always found that interesting. In a recent thread, my numbers of something like 20% 'weren't large enough' according to another atheist because there were many, many more. Now suddenly it's as low as 4%. lol

HOWEVER! Onto the actual important issue.
It intrigues me this thread is about creationists, therefore it would be natural to assume I was referring to evolutionists in my post above. Yet, you assume I was referring to 'atheists and agnostics.' Very interesting. Kind of supports something I used to be pretty vocal about around here. It is similar to the goal post shifting behavior like in the statistics game above:

I will see evolutionists say that religion has nothing to do with evolution and that evolution makes no claims about the existence of God. I agree- scientifically it does not, according to what science itself is supposed to be. However, I frequently see atheists using evolution as a weapon against the concept and existence of the supernatural. Anyways, it was interesting on a psychological level to see you automatically assume I was speaking of atheists and agnostics when one would have thought I was referring to evolutionists.

Truth be known, that is where one aspect of the brainwashing comes in. You are being programmed to think science and progress does away with God. And that evolution is programming you to see less and less need for the existence of a God.

That is only one segment of what is occurring. There's much more. Hope that helps explain what I was implying.

[edit on 9/24/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Why is it that the statistics for atheist and agnostics always change when needed? When it is needed to be shown they are the persecuted or freethinking minority, their percentages are so low. When it is needed to show how many of them there are, suddenly the statistics skyrocket. I always found that interesting. In a recent thread, my numbers of something like 20% 'weren't large enough' according to another atheist because there were many, many more. Now suddenly it's as low as 4%. lol

beccasue 76.54% of all statistics are made up as people type

and it might just be me .. i am wrong occasionaly ... isnt an agnostic someone who is open to the possability of a higherpower/deity just hasnt found one that floats his/her boat?

so wouldnt that put agnostics in with the deity believers?

meaning there only 2% athiests in the world .... if id know we were this outnumbered id have become a scientologist

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun
beccasue 76.54% of all statistics are made up as people type

It certainly seems that way sometimes. And upon doing research, 84% of the population agrees with me.

isnt an agnostic someone who is open to the possability of a higherpower/deity just hasnt found one that floats his/her boat?

Agnostics basically say, 'I don't know.' They don't disbelieve like atheists- they just say 'undecided' on their ticket.

so wouldnt that put agnostics in with the deity believers?

No. In fact, when numbers are needed, they are typically absorbed into the statistics of atheists, 'non-religious,' etc.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Within the United States, 10-15% of survey respondents are non-religious. In the world, however, an estimated 96% of the planet has some deity.

HOWEVER! Onto the actual important issue.
It intrigues me this thread is about creationists, therefore it would be natural to assume I was referring to evolutionists in my post above. Yet, you assume I was referring to 'atheists and agnostics.' Very interesting. Kind of supports something I used to be pretty vocal about around here.

Evolution does not necessarily imply atheism, but creationism implies religious belief.

Furthermore, it seemed to me that you were claiming that people were programmed to be anti-Christian, and not referring to evolution at all.

I will see evolutionists say that religion has nothing to do with evolution and that evolution makes no claims about the existence of God. I agree- scientifically it does not, according to what science itself is supposed to be. However, I frequently see atheists using evolution as a weapon against the concept and existence of the supernatural.

The reason for this is that though evolution does not directly have any bearing on the existence or non-existence of a god, it explains the biodiversity on this planet without supernatural agents.

Whether or not evolution occurred has nothing to do with whether or not there is a god... but the fact is, we do not need god to explain how biodiversity arose on Earth or why species tend to be well (though imperfectly) adapted to their environments.

For the scientifically minded, it becomes a function of Occam's Razor- remove that which is not needed for the explanation of observations: "entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity."

God is an entity being multiplied beyond necessity.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by SamuraiDrifter]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I will see evolutionists say that religion has nothing to do with evolution and that evolution makes no claims about the existence of God. I agree- scientifically it does not, according to what science itself is supposed to be. However, I frequently see atheists using evolution as a weapon against the concept and existence of the supernatural.

I think it has more to do with their response to creationists' (and christians") attack on evolution and science. The scientists do not care about religion when they are curious about nature and want to study it.
Many historical figures such as Darwin were under attack by the church and religious people.

Truth be known, that is where one aspect of the brainwashing comes in. You are being programmed to think science and progress does away with God. And that evolution is programming you to see less and less need for the existence of a God.

Not me. I understand evolution completely but I still allow room for some kind of intelligent force.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join