It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people laugh at creationists?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Do you honestly think we evolved from bacteria? Oh yes, I remember being a plankton and then evolving into a fish, but then I became a monkey, then I became a turtle, and then I became an ant, and then I became a human.

Honestly I would rather believe in nothing then believing that or creationism. Like I said it is up to either both side to convince me that they are right. Like I said earlier I don't believe creationists, but I don't believe in evolution. You can say I have no beliefs in either or.

Let me ask you this how much do we know about the universe around us? No, wait. How much do we know about our own backyard? Yet you are going to sit here and tell me how we got here? Would you bet your own life about how sure you are?

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Equinox99]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Do you honestly think we evolved from bacteria? Oh yes, I remember being a plankton and then evolving into a fish, but then I became a monkey, then I became a turtle, and then I became an ant, and then I became a human.

You my friend, have much reading to do.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by n0tsan3

n0tsan3 As first posts go-thats a classic.
Thanks for the links

[edit on 01/12/01 by karl 12]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Everyone knows that some mutations and levels of intelligence are beneficial and are an advantage to survival and are kept in the gene pool and are most likely to succeed than those without the advantageous mutation(s) or intelligence levels.

Hence change in the physical and/or mental state of the organism through successive generations.

Everyone knows that...right?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ANoNyMiKE

There is no point in doing to much reading in either texts because I know it will get changed. SO then that means I have to sit down and read it over again. How about if you send me a U2U when all the work is complete and we know everything about anything.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Yup, the theory of natural selection. But now you come to weaker creatures and if you observe them you see they should have been killed off long ago. The theory of the dominant species fails to explain why we evolved this way and chimps are still in forests learning how to open nuts with rocks.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
As highlighted by the late great Bill Hicks, all creationist theories can be be debunked with one word - Dinosaurs.

If God created the world in 7 days, and Adam & Eve and all that, what's with all these dinosaur fossils floating around? How come 20ft tall lizards aren't mentioned in the bible?

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Alethia]

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Alethia]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

It's because the chimps have an environment that is suited to THEM, why change?
When the other monkeys moved away and/or their environment changed, they had to change, or die.
Simple as that.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Well, we have had plenty of environments that suited us...why did we change? I mean we were safe living in caves right? We could have lived in the bush like natives, they survived pretty well did they not?

I am not claiming the world is 6,000 years old because the evidence places it longer then that. All I am saying is evolution is not yet complete. We don't know everything needed to be known. Is there evidence for me to make my decision? simply stated no.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethia

You mean this gem?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

That's the one! If only he was around today, I'd love to hear his thoughts on all the current BS going on.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethia
reply to post by blupblup

That's the one! If only he was around today, I'd love to hear his thoughts on all the current BS going on.

Amen to that-Goat boy Hicks is sorely missed.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

You got this all wrong. Listen, evolution is a FACT. It is a theory the same way that a mathematical equation is a theorem. Things evolve over periods of time, we see it in fossils, in the gene pool, in creatures that have been isolated and only recently evolved (ie, cave fish that developed sonar after becoming isolated in darkness)... it's there, and it's real.

But, you might be on to something here, in that evolution does not answer ALL of the questions. There could in fact have been some intervention at some point, be it alien or divine with humanity. The fact is, we don't have anything to point to this actually being the case, yet we have boatloads of evidence pointing to evolution being the reality of the situation.

To blindly believe Creationism, especially the stuff about a 6000 year old Earth is probably the funniest thing in the world to laugh at, when the fact that evolution is real is so blatantly obvious. You wanna talk Divine or ET Intervention? Then sure, maybe there's something there, but it is still just speculation, and it still does not deny the reality that is evolution.

Why do we laugh at them? Have you ever seen someone with their head up their...?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Well, we have had plenty of environments that suited us...why did we change?

Because we could speak to each other.

... and read.

Why can't you?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Where does all the water that flooded the whole planet come from ?

Out of your head !!!

Now you get laughed at, laughed at, laughed at......

Just kidding. No offence intended.

Intresting videos indeed.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This is worth watching.

www.youtube.com...

video.google.com...

It's an excerpt from the excellent documentary - The root of all evil.

Dawkins argues with Pastor Ted Haggard....This guy(ted) is nuts, absolutely bonkers.

Also, the full documentary can be watched here.
It is an amazing documentary and is worth everyone's time

video.google.com...

Part 2 is on the right.

Each about 50 mins long.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benarius
Where does all the water that flooded the whole planet come from ?

Interstellar space. Just like everything else.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
i laugh at young earth creationists, to say the earth is only 6- 7,000 years old is pretty ignorant.

on the other hand, i dont think evolution has the answers to everything, i think there is a big peice of the puzzle missing somewhere, thats why some believe evolution, and some believe in creation.

highly intelligent people believe in both areas, but neither can be proven, sure there is alot of evidence, but pin-pointing exactly how life came into being, that may never be answered with cold hard fact.

for all the creationist's, read about evolution, trust me, its not as bad as you might think. for me though, i believe in creation. maybe not exactly like the bible says, but creation. i like to read about scientific stuff though, nothing wrong with that, now is there?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

you do>? wow we got evolutionary change in the wrong order guys plankton - fish - mammal - reptile - insect - mammal

see none of that silly fish - reptile - bird with a branch of that became mammals somewhere in teh reptile section

Honestly I would rather believe in nothing then believing that or creationism

which means you dont beleive in evolution ........... quick everyone point and laugh

you dont want to believe it becasue you refuse to accept your just an animal like all the rest of them and us, get over your self your just a less hairy ape then our good cousins in the ape family the chimpanze the bonobo gorilla and uncle orangutan

when you go to the zoo and your hanging at the ape house ever thought 'wow they look/act so like us some times'

guess what you should also be thinking 'wow sometimes we are just like them'

[edit on 19/9/08 by noobfun]

[edit on 19/9/08 by noobfun]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You're demonstrating that you really have no idea what evolution is, how it works, or anything. Might I suggest not arguing about something you don't understand? Because hey, I know if I tried to argue about the politics of Bhutan, I would look like an idiot.

Honestly I would rather believe in nothing then believing that or creationism. Like I said it is up to either both side to convince me that they are right. Like I said earlier I don't believe creationists, but I don't believe in evolution. You can say I have no beliefs in either or.

Well, I can say you don't believe in creationism, 'cause you say so - and creationism is nothing more than belief, so there's that. But I would say you don't understand evolution, or the processes behind it, nor the evidence supporting it, because you've clearly demonstrated so.

Let me ask you this how much do we know about the universe around us? No, wait. How much do we know about our own backyard? Yet you are going to sit here and tell me how we got here? Would you bet your own life about how sure you are?

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Equinox99]

Well, I can't speak for you, but I understand a hell of a lot about the universe around us, and my backyard. I can inform you of the quality of my soil, the beneficial microorganisms that would do best in it given the level of salinity and PH of the soil, the most common sorts of insects, birds, and mammals running around out there, the growth patterns of the plants I have out there, etc.

Nice try at scientific philosophy and trying to sound "deep" though. Pick up a book or five. Hit the library, see if they have any college texts of evolutionary study in the reference section. The problem is not a lack of evidence, but a lack of education.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join