It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Build up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed how everything and I mean EVERYTHING has been building up? I'm not the best at describing my thoughts but We have the financial market getting worse by the day, Tensions strengthening between countries, the election getting stupider (at least in my opinion), the UFO topic getting more and more attention in the media, my dreams have been getting stranger and more vivid and I'm not sure about anyone else, this whole thing about Dec. 21 2012, the weather getting worse, CLIMATE CHANGE, issues revolving around the government, and quite a few other things. I'm just a high-school student but I've been noticing everything getting.. well, worse in a sense. But still why does EVERYTHING seem to be building up all at once. Call me paranoid but I'm convinced something really bad will happen at some point, but what I ask?

[edit on 18-9-2008 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoothyKnight
Call me paranoid but I'm convinced something really bad will happen at some point, but what I ask?

I think if you step back and look at history, there isn't any time in history when things aren't "building up" to some kind of big or bad thing happening. That's the way the world works. It's not static. Things advance, adjustments have to be made, and then a random thing happens and we all look back and say, "Well, obviously it was building up to this point." But that's just hindsight.

Yes, I hereby predict that something big and scary and unusual will happen one of these days, if it's not happening already. Because big, scary, unusual things happen every now and then. And a lot of people will point and say how obvious it was that it would happen. Some people will have even guessed what it was. It won't matter what it is.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Call me paranoid but I'm convinced something really bad will happen at some point, but what I ask?

I think if you step back and look at history, there isn't any time in history when things aren't "building up" to some kind of big or bad thing happening. That's the way the world works. It's not static. Things advance, adjustments have to be made, and then a random thing happens and we all look back and say, "Well, obviously it was building up to this point." But that's just hindsight.

Yes, I hereby predict that something big and scary and unusual will happen one of these days, if it's not happening already. Because big, scary, unusual things happen every now and then. And a lot of people will point and say how obvious it was that it would happen. Some people will have even guessed what it was. It won't matter what it is.

Yeah you are right I just can't help but point out that things are all together coming together because it is a scary thing for me. I realize it will be bad in the end and new beginning and I don't know what could happen making it a whole lot worse. Thank you for your reply, it helps explain things

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Terence McKenna's Novelty Theory seems to be getting more and more relevant given the perceived 'build-up' many people are noticing.

Yes, throughout history, things have been building up, however with our advanced technology and quick media coverage, the acceleration has become both real and a bit exaggerated.

There is a coming quickening. Things cannot continue at the current pace. The entire process is becoming an unsustainable mess. Things must plateau, subside, or something will eventually break.

Unchecked acceleration and growth can either lead to a Technological Singularity, or utter catastrophe. Whatever the outcome, things will continue to get stranger. Have a look at the following:

Technological Singularity: en.wikipedia.org...

Novelty Theory: en.wikipedia.org...

And I discuss my own theory on how the perceived build-up will reach critical mass here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
Terence McKenna's Novelty Theory seems to be getting more and more relevant given the perceived 'build-up' many people are noticing.

Yes, throughout history, things have been building up, however with our advanced technology and quick media coverage, the acceleration has become both real and a bit exaggerated.

There is a coming quickening. Things cannot continue at the current pace. The entire process is becoming an unsustainable mess. Things must plateau, subside, or something will eventually break.

Unchecked acceleration and growth can either lead to a Technological Singularity, or utter catastrophe. Whatever the outcome, things will continue to get stranger. Have a look at the following:

Technological Singularity: en.wikipedia.org...

Novelty Theory: en.wikipedia.org...

And I discuss my own theory on how the perceived build-up will reach critical mass here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let's see so the timewave theory predicts major future events that seem to escalate indefinitely on dec 21 2012 and that another timewave appears sometime before and seems to end at the same point. This theory plus the technological singularity theory means that we will come into contact with another being according to you and that it would be to our demise no matter what if all of this is true. bahumbug is what. All arrows point to Dec. 21 2012 which is scary, and this is sort of off topic but SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN on 2012, this doesn't seem like another y2k to me, it's a lot bigger deal this time with so many plausible theories surfacing throughout the internet.
I has a sad and a nervous about this next doomsday theory

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I think it's just because you're becoming more aware of the world. The world always looks bad. That's just how man looks outwards.

I'd challenge you to hunt down all the things that are good that are going on these days. They always get drowned out. But take your eye off the ball, bad things will come along that will affect you, so you'd best see it coming.

I believe that there is a power elite with a nasty agenda, observations seem to conform to that hypothesis.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
I think it's just because you're becoming more aware of the world. The world always looks bad. That's just how man looks outwards.

I'd challenge you to hunt down all the things that are good that are going on these days. They always get drowned out. But take your eye off the ball, bad things will come along that will affect you, so you'd best see it coming.

It's not that I focus on the bad things because I don't, I go throughout my life positively but I still can't deny the existence of the hell America is, IS descending into.
it makes me want to barf in anger like this smiley

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

It's not that I focus on the bad things because I don't, I go throughout my life positively but I still can't deny the existence of the hell America is, IS descending into.
it makes me want to barf in anger like this smiley

Ah, an american. I can't blame you then. btw I'm not sure this is the place to have started this thread.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Ah, an american. I can't blame you then. btw I'm not sure this is the place to have started this thread.

Yeah it was kind of an accident, I was looking at my other thread which somehow got under creationism and hit new thread, i forgot to switch forums, oh well

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Just ask a mod to move it. Then it will get more attention.

Just u2u one of em

new topics

top topics

join