It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Hamas Founder Sheikh Ahmed Yassin Assassinated

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The spiritual leader is never the one who commands the attacks... they support them yes... but dont command them... this is the stupidest thing israel has ever done coz it will uindermine peace talks and it will all escalate... stupid stupid israel

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
What I see happening by this latest killing is the the build up of more violence. First by the supporters of Hamas and then by Israel. After some terrible terrorist acts make the world news it will give Israel the justifcation and better world acceptance for exterminating more terrorist. Correct me if I wrong, but can't Israel just move the Palestinian people out by force if they wanted to?

Terrorism is terrorism plain & simple. Terrorism involves the targeting of civilians. Targeting military facilities or leaders is not terrorism even if civilians casualties are an end result.

If the only target of 911 was the pentagon and had they not used civilian aircraft full of people then I would not consider that terrorism, but an act of war. While no doubt the government would try to label it terrorism, for me there is a clear difference. Lets not play games with the meaning of terrorism.

That said sometimes there may be justifcation for terrorism, if there is then let's here it. What's the big secret? Why the need to change the meaning of the word terrorism?

There have been plenty of terrorist acts to get the worlds attention. Hamas clearly can not win their battle unless they can convince the outside world to help them, but they can't do that if they continue to perform terrorist acts.

I have to admit, I'm pretty ignorant about the root of this conflict. I just don't understand why the battle for an ugly desert strip of land.

Who was there first the Palestinians or the Israelis and is there good evidence to back this up?

If the Palestinians were there first then I can understand why they don't want to leave. If Israel was there first why don't they just run the Palestinians out, since they have superior force.

Clearly the truth is at least somewhat supressed. There is definately allot of misinformation & suppressed information about this subject. I think if the whole truth came out & was public information those lying the most to proctect their positions would lose world support. That would either give us an reason to stop supporting Israel or to justify Israel's current position.

Maybe, if someone just destroyed that whole strip of land there would be nothing left to fight over? Yep, that's it my current vote goes for sinking that whole g-damn ugly piece of land.

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by outsider]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Sorry, but have to laugh at the people who fault Isreal. If the USA were to do the same thing to osama Bin Laden, everyone would celebrate with drinking and dancing and partying. Isreal kills a guy worse than Osama, and the world gets ready to bomb and kill Isreal. WTF!

Anyways, go Isreal. Anyone know of a way to send money to Isreal to support the rebuilding of the places Hamas has blown up and the rebuilding of buses and other things Hamas has blown up like schools, hospitals, nursery homes, you know, there usual targets. Why hasn't Hamas ever attacked a military base? If the army oppresses you, you go after the army, not the injured and sick at a hospital, duh.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I have to agree with those who feel this was Israels obligation to their saftey.

Hamas is made up of sub humans. They are willing to attack innocent civilians at will without remorse. Israel has also killed innocent civilians but it was in retaliation for an attack, also while targeting criminals. It is a shame that must happen but the palestinians have no one to blame but themselves.

I personally feel they are as responsible as the terrorist for this. If the palestinian people were to ask for international assistance to regain control of their "country" other nations would be falling all over themselves to help. They have chosen to support these groups instead of stop them. I hope Israel continues to attack, using the descretion to target only the terrorist and finish this once and for all.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
WAR IS WAR LETS NOT KILL YASSIN BECAUSE INSTEAD OF 6 SUICIDE BOMBERS THIS WEEK WILL HAVE 10. THATS A STUPID ARGUEMENT. IF A GUY WITH A STICK WANTS THE LAND UR ON AND U HAVE A GUN WELL, IT JUST NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHY DONT WE MAKE CHINA A DEMOCRACY... BECAUSE WE CAN'T. WHY DOES ISRAEL KILL HAMAS...BECAUSE THEY CAN. SAME REASON WHY AMERICAN INVADED AFGANISTHAN....BECAUSE WE CAN. ITS BEEN LIKE THAT SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME IM JUST GLAD OUR TEAM HAS THE BIGGER GUN. AND PLEASE DONT LAY UR BUDDA PEACEFUL SOLUTIONS, IN THE REAL WORLD U NEED WAR SO THAT PEACE FOLLOWS AFTERWARDS

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The roots are complicated.

The facts though are that Jews have lived across the middle east for 2500 years. At the moment, they live essentially only in Israel.

after the fall of the Ottoman Empire, the British got a "mandate" to run a certain section of the mideast, named Palestine. This was never a state, but a common name for the area. During the Ottomans it was pretty much a sparsely populated backwater. Religiously there were Muslims, Christians and Jews in various places, with some concentrated
more in the obvious ones (Jews in Jerusalem, and Christians in Bethlehem).

At some point the British divided it into two sections, Palestine and Transjordan, the latter now forming the territory of present day Jordan, the former forming the territory of present day Israel + Gaza + "west bank". The difference is that the British forbade Jewish immigration into Transjordan.

In early 20th century Europe there was a movement "Zionism" to create a physical state for Jews---but it was NOT then religious in nature but more secular and nationalist. The more orthodox religious Jews being more likely to be against this idea (thinking it was for the Messiah) and the more secular ones being tired of the submissiveness and wimpiness of the religious ones, and asserting that they will still never be viewed as full citizens in Europe. The rise of fascism proved this correct.

More Jews immigrated to Palestine, both from Europe (Ashkenazi) and others from middle eastern countries (Egypt, Yemen, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, etc). At this time, land was purchased, not conquered.

At some point nationalist Arabs started to want to stop this, alying themselves with the Fascists in WW2, which made the Jews madder. Jews chafed under the British and started a guerilla war against the British for independence. In 1948 the U.N. proposed a partition of the British part of Palestine between an Arab and Jewish state. The Arabs rejected this, and with neighboring Arab states, went to war to liquidate the new Israeli state. Surprisingly, the Israelis started winning and conquered more territory than the original partition. They expelled some of the Arab villages, and other Arab villages evacuated at instruction of the Arab states expecting to attack.

The war ended at the cease-fire lines of 1948---also known as the "green line" of 1967. This was not an official border since no Arab state recognzied it.

1967 same thing happened, Arabs + Israel in war, and Israel wins, conquering up to Gaza + West Bank + Sinai.

1979, Israel gives back Sinai to Egypt.

Keeps Gaza + West Bank. Right wing Jews press to settle on empty land on West bank that Palestineans want for their state.

1990-1999, partial withdrawl from Gaza and West bank.
1999 Arafat rejects Arab Palestinean state on 90% of West Bank + Gaza.
1999---
worse terrorism.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Stupid murderous THUGS is all I can say. The Israeli government KNOWS that this will cause attacks and put people at risk.

www.mirror.co.uk...=14082824%26method=full%26siteid=50143%26headline=israel%2d%2dwe%2dll%2dkill%2dthem%2dall-name_page.ht ml

"ISRAEL: WE'LL KILL THEM ALL Mar 24 2004

Israel vows to wipe out Hamas leaders

By Mark Dowdney

ISRAEL'S assassination squads were yesterday ordered to kill all of Hamas's leaders.

Premier Ariel Sharon and his ministers decided to step up executions after a five hour security meeting.

Israel is braced for a wave of terrorist attacks by Hamas after it assassinated the group's founder and spiritual leader Sheikh Ahmed Yassin on Monday.

The Israeli government has decided not to wait for an Arab counter attack but hunt down the rest of terrorist group Hamas chiefs first.

Internal Security Minister Tsahi Hanegbi said: "Everyone is in our sights.

"Anyone who is involved in the Gaza Strip or the West Bank or anywhere else in leading a terror group knows from now on there is no immunity. And that means anyone to the last person."

Hanegbi would not reveal the hit list but said it included high profile Hamas members, "those who appear on television".

Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat and Lebanon's Hezbollah terror boss Hassan Nasrallah could also be targeted. Khaled Mashaal, Hamas' political chief, was yesterday named Sheikh Yassin's successor. He will be Israel's most wanted....

Murderous evil is what it is. No other explanation.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Stupid murderous THUGS is all I can say. The Israeli government KNOWS that this will cause attacks and put people at risk.

Yeah, but leaving him alone caused attacks and put people at risk too, so what's the difference?

Originally posted by JakomoMurderous evil is what it is. No other explanation.

That certainly described Yassin. Do you mourn for him?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join