It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New F22 Raptor

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by erwalker

not based but flew out of there. Still I know as well as you its not home to forces other then the Hornet and international forces but we are are humoring the idea of dnd capability of stealth aircraft.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
But is it possible that we have such aircraft with that sorta technology.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SauberBMW
But is it possible that we have such aircraft with that sorta technology.

K I understand where your going with that but I need you to clarify how your asking this. First do you think that given CF funding and lack of any black projects ever that there would be any funding like that available? Also when was the last time you saw use develop our own military fighter/attack aircraft? If your asking me my opinion of if I think this realistically could happen given other factors I would say no.

But if you asked me if its was possible that if money and resources wasn't an issue and its was just technical know how then I would say yes. As its stand now we are a more then solid contributor to space tech with many companies with the smart people to deal with those issues I'm sure some could be harnessed into aero-design. As well as many manufacturing and electronics companies that are working even on the F-35 project. From my understanding its well over a billion dollars in contract work that Canadians are doing for the project.

Could we do it ? I would hazard enough of a educated guess to say yes. Will we? or have we? I would say no as its hard enough to get freakin cargo planes for the CF. Mind you if they have one as we speak then they are much better then the USAF and CIA in keeping a secret and we would have a major secret on our hands.

For the fun of it I would wonder where you would base this plane out of? We don't have Area 51? so the Arctic maybe?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yeah i can see it being based in the NWT as there are a couple of bases there that are known. it is a vast open area with ~200 000 people up there so keeping a plane secret is no problem. Our budget on the other hand i don't think we can afford it then again you might never know.

could it be possible that The US is funding our black projects or some other foreign power???

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
they (NWT) might have a deal with an aircraft company to test a prototype or testbed aircraft. Can't get room at a high security US base to operate the aircraft out of for basic, basic testing. found a pretty remote spot in the NWT? figuring it's better than nothing or waiting too long where nobody will be interested in the project. a decent plan actually executed is better than waiting too long for a great plan and nothing worthwhile actually happening.

could have been an unmanned thing too.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Exactly. the NWT is so open that the density is 1 per 100 km squared i think. so it would be a perfect spot to test any and all secret aircraft without anyone knowing.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The YF-22 is more streamlined than a production model F-22. E.g longer and with greater wing sweep.

However the original poster mentioned the tails are similar to the F-117. That would mean it would be the YF-23. The YF-23 looks more streamlined than the F-22 also with the addition of the tail.

As far as i know one of the YF-23's was being restored and may definitely be now flying as a test bed.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
The YF-22 is more streamlined than a production model F-22. E.g longer and with greater wing sweep.
However the original poster mentioned the tails are similar to the F-117. That would mean it would be the YF-23. The YF-23 looks more streamlined than the F-22 also with the addition of the tail.
As far as i know one of the YF-23's was being restored and may definitely be now flying as a test bed.

Mr Anon Poster.
If you are interested in the state of the YF-23's please feel free to take a look at the following thread. www.abovetopsecret.com... And if your really interested it would be great if you could create an account to further discuss the subject. Also you stated to contrary facts when you claimed the yf-22 was more streamlined the the production model and the also claimed the yf-23 was even further streamlined then the yf-22. The fact is that in the change from prototype to production the yf-22 was added with a good number of features and design ideas based on yf-23 research and the will of the USAF to merge some of the positives from each aircraft.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join