It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FTC Launches Operation False Cures to Suppress Natural Cancer Remedies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

FTC Launches Operation False Cures to Suppress Natural Cancer Remedies

www.naturalnews.com

(NaturalNews) The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) today launched "Operation False Cures," a coordinated scheme to censor natural cancer remedies and financially destroy companies offering them for sale. In doing so, the FTC joins the criminals at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) who currently operate an extortion racket that works by threatening health supplement companies with legal action unless they settle with the FDA by paying them million of dollars. Both the FTC and FDA work to
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
FDA cracks down on 'cancer cures'
Cancer, FDA, Big-Pharma, Law and Blackouts
My Dad has Stage 4 Renal Cancer, Can alternative therapies help him?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The FTC doesn't believe anti-cancer nutrients exist!

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

After reading this amazing article, I realized how deep this runs. I realized just how corrupt these individuals are. We're talking about FDA officials and FTC officials who, upon being diagnosed with cancer, go directly to.......Alternative Treatments. That's right, no Chemotherapy or Irradiation. Straight up, natural remedies for the very people that seek to suppress natural cancer remedies!

The FDA has already censored too much, even to the point of violating our freedom of speech. Now this? What next?

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
We're talking about FDA officials and FTC officials who, upon being diagnosed with cancer, go directly to.......Alternative Treatments. That's right, no Chemotherapy or Irradiation. Straight up, natural remedies for the very people that seek to suppress natural cancer remedies!

Interesting article, and worthwhile information. But I'm curious where you found the statement that the FDA and FTC officials responsible had been diagnosed with cancer and sought alternative treatments?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Actually, that's something I read somewhere else. www.cancertutor.com...

"You wouldn’t believe how many FDA officials or relatives or acquaintances of FDA officials come to see me as patients in Hanover. You wouldn’t believe this, or directors of the AMA, or ACA, or the presidents of orthodox cancer institutes. That’s the fact."
Hans Nieper M.D. (1928-1998) (Dr. Nieper used a cesium chloride protocol in Hanover, Germany)

Now the following quote is directly from the Link in the OP.

A rigorous review of the scientific literature on chemotherapy reveals that chemotherapy simply doesn't work on 98% of people. It's a fraud all by itself. And even when it "works" to shrink tumors, it doesn't give people quality of life or restored health. It doesn't cure cancer, in other words. It merely poisons the patient.

Plus, chemotherapy may shrink a tumor, but cancer isn't a tumor, it's a process. So unless you can stop the process, simply shrinking a tumor to nothing will have little effect in the long term.

-Dev

[edit on 19-9-2008 by DevolutionEvolvd]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Are you aware of natural (not drug from natural source) product that can kill cancer? If so - please, redirect me to research that claims so. With placebo groups, concentrations and such. Without all this people who claim that their solution (natural, energetical, alien doctors,...) is the remedy - just plainly making money on seriously ill people.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well, I couldn't possibly list the number of Anti-cancer nutrients, but, one that comes to mind is antioxidants from red wine. Now when you say "Kill" cancer, do you mean cure it? Do you mean Killing cancer cells? Do you mean killing the process?

Do you understand that if someone were to claim that their natural remedy cures cancer, they are SHUT DOWN?

Are you aware that chemo hardly ever cures cancer? Are you also aware that it probably kills more people than the cancer itself?

That may sound a little impolite but I just thought I'd ask you some questions too.
No disrespect intended.

-Dev

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
No, asking question is not rude, at least in my book.
Cancer generally is a process in which broken-up cells divide without any control and eventually kill healthy normal cells. If there is a natural treatment that will repair/kill those messed-up cells, stop/control their division or prevent suffocation of normal functioning tissue/organs - it is fine with me. Even only for several/one type of cancers.
I think that if someone knows about research that shows higher effectiveness of natural (not specific molecule but whole plant!Or minerals. Or vitamins...) treatments over current treatments - hiding it (at least from me
) is wrong. So pretty please, share this knowledge with me (zero knowledge factor). As for rumors, opinions and even few cases - i assume that both of us will agree that it is not serious approach.
As for shutting down - if someone will declare without any proof that he cures cancer and will start selling some stuff to and charging money from desperate people - i am all for closing him/them down. Sorry.
Chemotherapy is not always effective, by far. And it also not always kills the cancer for good. But it is without doubt allowing longer lifespan (survival chances in 5 years period - or even longer in some cancers. It can even totally cure few cancers. And start new ones though.). Just as radiation treatments or even with more specific drugs.
I can somehow understand the idea that there can be natural products that will prevent cancer cells appearance by X percents in population. But to treat - i see no evidence of such a preparate. Drugs for cancer that were developed from natural origins - are played with to make it less lethal to normal cells/body and still effective on cancer cells.
Sources for mine narrow-minded opinion.
Cancer as i see it (more or,well, less)
www.cancer.gov...
Prove that nobody shuts down REAL researches in natural plants as origin of future drugs:
www.bentham-direct.org.../2001/00000008/00000012/0006C.SGM (full article needs subscription but journal is available at libraries) .One of many.
P.S.
Any double-blind test results that antioxidants can stop cancer process at any stage? Even with same effectiveness as chemo drugs...
You know that immune system kills cancer cells. It is sometimes not effective enough to fight of cancer, of course. Then cancer cell can develop and divide. But do you know how it kills those cells (and numerous infectious agents or even junk) - by dumping free radicals on them. If there are enough antioxidants around - those immune cells will fail. Oxidative stress that overloads our natural defenses can damage cells and push them toward cancer "slide", but it is not proven to be the only reason. Not even THE reason. No cases of cancer in wine-drinking people of France??
Sorry if i sound rude. I do not mean too.

new topics

top topics

join