It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nick Pope speaking in my hometown (Wiltshire, UK)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
ATS members & guests:

Here is an opportunity to meet Nick Pope, the former Ministry of Defense official responsible for investigation into UFOs, alien abductions, crop circles and other strange phenomena here in the United Kingdom.

ATS Mix Interview thread - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nick Pope will be holding a lecture providing a general look at Ufology and his investigation & research. Following the formal talk, Nick will be taking questions from the audience. There will be time to browse through the works on sale and to talk to lecture organisers of Swindon UFO Research (SUFOR), Kevin Gooman and Nick Pope himself.

SUFOR was formed as an internet based group in November 2007. In June 2008 the group went public and has a growing membership of fifteen people. The group meets monthly and organises events on a regular basis. The group is open to everyone and conduct UFO/paranormal investigation and research.

Tickets are £6.50 if bought on-line via the web site at www.sufor.org.uk or £8 on the night. Doors open at 7:15pm at the Moose International Hall, Eastcott Road, Old Town, Swindon, SN1 3LY.

I will be attending the lecture so it's not only an opportunity to meet Nick Pope in person, but yours truely as well.

Regards,

Simon

www.sufor.org.uk...

[edit on 18-9-2008 by SimonGray]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Sweet. Its a shame I am across the water. Would be interesting to attend I am sure, although I have to admit, it would be more interesting meeting you than Nick Pope .

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonGray

Any chance you could record the lecture for those not able to attend? It would be appreciated.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonGray

just the fact that his flyer doesnt say anything revealing about his lecture.. im quite sure you will come away with nothing new, if he had any fantastic revelations.. we would of heard about it.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

The purpose of the lecture is not revelation in the fantastical sense, but provides an opportunity for people to meet a very interesting person directly involved in the field of ufology from a government perspective.

I thoroughly enjoy meeting the people who's career and written work has provided an intriguing insight into my interests, and this provides one of those opportunities.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Shame,i for one would love to go but its a bit too short notice for me.
Hope there are plans to do this just a little bit further north say Nottingham .

[edit on 19-9-2008 by tracey ace]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
A friend of mine is friends w/ Nick. I was supposed to have met him not too long ago, but unfortunately was unable to do so.

I'm in the UK too but dang it's in Swindon. I'm in London, wouldn't be able to get there tomorrow :/

Shame! Thanks for the information though Simon!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I met Mr. Pope once. If I was doing my job, he never gave me or what I said a second thought. The man does seem to be an honest broker in the UFO investigative community. If I get back to the UK, which I should in about 8 months, I hope to meet with him. This really strange area of study needs people of unquestioned honesty, like Mr. Pope.

top topics

join