It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream Media Ignores Anti-Palin Rally in Alaska

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Here's a little food for thought for all those screaming that the media is against Palin...

Charges of "liberal" media bias against Sarah Palin were amply disproven over the weekend. While mainstream media outlets extensively covered her triumphal return to Alaska for a fond farewell to her soldier son before his deployment to Iraq, these same media outlets mostly ignored an even larger rally against Palin along the streets of Anchorage. Assocated Press ran a short piece on their wire, but that was about it.

Organized by Angie Doroff, 46, and a small group of other woman who hatched the idea over cups of coffee, the "Alaska Women Reject Palin" rally drew about 1400-1500 protesters to surround the grounds of the Anchorage public library.

The photos and videos on this page give you a clear idea about the size of the rally and the disgruntled attitudes toward Sarah Palin in the state she governs.

How did this mainstream media miss this important story? Were they not paying attention?

There's an old saying in journalism that the headline, "Dog Bites Man," is not news, but "Man Bites Dog" is worth reporting. Here was a case of "Women Bite Pit Bull," and it barely generated a ripple in the so-called "liberal" mainstream press. Go figure.

www.examiner.com...

other links:

voices.washingtonpost.com...

www.cobalt6.net...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I really don't think they ignored it.
I think it's that they are so busy looking for dirt on her, they simply just overlooked it.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Can you tell i like her?

I'm right there with you. I have never felt so strongly against a candidate before next to Bush/Cheney. There's something about her and those who seem to be under mind control supporting her.

THE MEDIA cant say much about McCain so they build her up to GODDESS status.

Most of her supporters don't seem to know a thing about McCain, I used to like him and even voted for him as Senator last election. But he's a lost cause, he's changed everything he stood for. There are alot of things I disagree with Obama on as well, but at this point the devil we don't know can't be any worse in my eyes.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I posted somewhere on the board about it, but I can't find it now.

I looked at the pictures in the Anchorage Daily News and noticed some people wore masks so as not to be recognized.

Article Here

The crowd looked to be in the high hundreds at least, and organizers said they counted 1,500.

But yes, it seems the mainstream media ignored it. They aren't known to cover protests.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
They aren't known to cover protests.

Nope, but you'd think the largest political rally EVER in AK against the woman so many are painting to be loved so dearly up there deserves a bit of mention in a media supposedly against her. Seems not to be the case...

[edit on 18-9-2008 by 27jd]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Originally posted by 27jd
I'm right there with you. I have never felt so strongly against a candidate before next to Bush/Cheney. There's something about her and those who seem to be under mind control supporting her.

Mind control?

I wonder how many of those protestors were "imported"?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well, i guess i'm an import.

Jsobecky. I think her glasses have magical powers?!!!!! Please, please get me a pair of those glasses!!!! Pretty please. I'll even give you my address.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
How did all those Russian Protesters get US visas so quick?

Seriously, I didn't even know about this til I read this thread. Guess they were ignored. Then again maybe they forgot to tell the media they were holding the event.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Mind control?

Well yeah. Why else would any rational human being look to her as being even remotely qualified to lead this country if god forbid anything happened to McCain? Of course I was not serious, but it jokingly seems like only some form of mind control can actually convince ANYBODY that such a judgmental, hypocritcal, grossly unqualified, and just plain unlikeable woman can lead our country in these of all times. But this is just my opinion, and by no means an attack on any political leaning. There are many TRUE conservatives who believe just as strongly as I do that this woman is a farce.

Well, anything is possible and if you have info we don't, please share. Like I said, the biggest demo in the state's history is pretty telling of her approval there. If you have info that those weren't really Alaskans, let us know, otherwise you're just making things up which I believe is now frowned on.

edit: the links clearly state how the demonstration was formed, but I guess you must not have read it.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I didn't exactly get a warm and fuzzy feeling about her and that cute facade portrays upon hearing her shooting wolves from helicopters. Thats not hunting, its just killing for sport. This is the white man buffalo shoot from the boxcar all over again.

What kind of mind , especially a mother who's pro life can fly in a helicopter chasing these animals until they're exhausted only to plug them with a 30/6 round from above once they can no longer run ?

We hunt to survive for we are all God's creatures. But to hunt to simply kill is wrong. I lost a lot of respect for this person.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

As a woman, she doesnt have ME fooled at all. Lady Di the 2nd, she aint.
She's tough as a hardcooked owl and will d0 anything, and step on many toes to get to the top.

Whats with this spell she casts over people? Then, if she's the messiah, she should be the president and she's evil enough to place a hit on McCain.

She's a pit bull with lots of ambition, and has probably_________ her way to the top. You fill in the blank....

She's a fake.

Are you certain that you posted in the correct thread? It sounds more like you are speaking about Hillary Clinton.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

I didn't exactly get a warm and fuzzy feeling about her and that cute facade portrays upon hearing her shooting wolves from helicopters. Thats not hunting, its just killing for sport. This is the white man buffalo shoot from the boxcar all over again.

What kind of mind , especially a mother who's pro life can fly in a helicopter chasing these animals until they're exhausted only to plug them with a 30/6 round from above once they can no longer run ?

We hunt to survive for we are all God's creatures. But to hunt to simply kill is wrong. I lost a lot of respect for this person.

You should read all of the previous ATS Threads in the Decision 2008 Forum which already discuss this topic. This "Aerial Hunting" is a form of Predator control, and it is highly regulated.

Here is one:

U.S. Vice-Presidential Candidates on Animal Rights

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

My feelings will NOT be hurt if the same were said about Hillary. Funny how the press started to glorify her as soon as Obama announced his pick.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
But to hunt to simply kill is wrong. I lost a lot of respect for this person.

I feel you there. I love animals and those videos made me sick. The wolves were running for their lives, scared to death and never had a chance. They were supposedly doing it for population control, but there are MUCH better ways. If anybody here has a dog, imagine Palin with a big smile chasing him/her with a helicopter while they run confused and scared, finally to be shot. Yeah, pro-life.

The woman makes me sick.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
This "Aerial Hunting" is a form of Predator control, and it is highly regulated.

Nature controls predators just fine without humans and helicopters. That "form" of predator control is disgusting and cruel. Instead of shooting those wolves with bullets, a true "pro-lifer" would probably choose to relocate them to areas where their populations are scarce or wiped out. But your right, this is for another thread

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
They aren't known to cover protests.

Nope, but you'd think the largest political rally EVER in AK against the woman so many are painting to be loved so dearly up there deserves a bit of mention in a media supposedly against her. Seems not to be the case...

You call that a rally? 1,500 people? My high school practically had a larger marching band than that.

So far the vast majority of Alaskans have not only approved of Palin, they also refuse to speak ill of her. If that level of respect does not say something, then I am not sure what does.

As for Anchorage, that city is full of Seattle transplants, and non-native Alaskans. You have nearly 300,000 citizens living there. The state itself has nearly 700,000 residents. So you tell me, how much dissent does a crowd of 1,500 (Maximum) represent? Not to mention that a considerable number of them were FOR Palin as well.

[edit on 9-18-2008 by TheAgentNineteen]

link   
reply to post by 27jd

Yeah, pro-life

yeah, kinda like people who believe in abortion but yet think it is right to protect the eggs of a sea turtle.

Politics is full of contradictions no matter which party one is for.

link   
sorry, double post

[edit on 18-9-2008 by jam321]

link   
reply to post by 27jd

Originally posted by jsobecky
Mind control?

Well yeah. Why else would any rational human being look to her as being even remotely qualified to lead this country if god forbid anything happened to McCain?

She has more executive experience than Obama and Biden combined.

Of course I was not serious,

I had hoped not! That's why I thought it was so hilarious!

but it jokingly seems like only some form of mind control can actually convince ANYBODY that such a judgmental, hypocritcal, grossly unqualified, and just plain unlikeable woman can lead our country in these of all times. But this is just my opinion, and by no means an attack on any political leaning. There are many TRUE conservatives who believe just as strongly as I do that this woman is a farce.

Your opinion only. My opinion? I love Sarah! And millions of TRUE conservatives *and* liberals agree with me.

Well, anything is possible and if you have info we don't, please share. Like I said, the biggest demo in the state's history is pretty telling of her approval there. If you have info that those weren't really Alaskans, let us know, otherwise you're just making things up which I believe is now frowned on.

I said "I wonder", didn't I? That means I don't know how many. I didn't make things up like "mind control".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join